Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds unpopular, but something that can switch between city or off-road life styles seems like the perfect fit for me. The black 4 door, OBX is looks great in sub-burbs, in a big-city, on a trail or a sand dune. It's just not the right choice for "serious" off-roading... But they make different models for that.
Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds unpopular, but something that can switch between city or off-road life styles seems like the perfect fit for me. The black 4 door, OBX is looks great in sub-burbs, in a big-city, on a trail or a sand dune. It's just not the right choice for "serious" off-roading... But they make different models for that.
I agree. Everyone in here is the most hardcore off-roader they they know. Lol

I'd like to put a slightly larger/slightly beefier 33" all terrain tire on mine though.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well said, and I couldn't agree more.

It's only unpopular among the forum members who use every opportunity to slam anyone's choices but their own. Those of us who have opted for Outer Banks are very pleased with this trim and all it has to offer: the height, the painted flares, mirrors, and door handles; the step; and the opportunity to add advanced 4x4 and the high package without having to pay thousands more for 35" tires and a lift. You might even say we are over the mother-freaking moon. We just tend to keep our emotions, and our opinions, to ourselves.

~Susan (aka sjp, aka not a soccer mom)

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree. Everyone in here is the most hardcore off-roader they they know. Lol

I'd like to put a slightly larger/slightly beefier 33" all terrain tire on mine though.
Haha yeah, some people on this site get so offended if you don't pretend you rock crawl your way to work everyday. I'm getting the OBX because I live in Chicago and want a practical car I can fit in, haul my stuff, put the top down, and go on an occasional overlanding camping/trail trip a couple times a year and the OBX fits that bill perfectly. I'll mostly be highway driving so I'll wait and see how the stock bridgestones do on mild trails, but I can see myself upgrading to something like the 33s on the BL.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha yeah, some people on this site get so offended if you don't pretend you rock crawl your way to work everyday. I'm getting the OBX because I live in Chicago and want a practical car I can fit in, haul my stuff, put the top down, and go on an occasional overlanding camping/trail trip a couple times a year and the OBX fits that bill perfectly. I'll mostly be highway driving so I'll wait and see how the stock bridgestones do on mild trails, but I can see myself upgrading to something like the 33s on the BL.
100%! They forget that the only reason the Bronco is being made is because roads exist.

Sponsored

Cliff

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100%! They forget that the only reason the Bronco is being made is because roads exist.
You inspired me to do some googling...

The U.S. has:
1,357,430 miles of unpaved roads
4,090,000 miles of paved roads.

Also if you've ever lived in the Detroit area... you need a Bronco to navigate the pot holes!

Cliff

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After trying to justify the OBX... I broke down and changed my order today! Switched to the Badlands. 1st reason - 33" tires, 2nd Black interior. To keep costs down, I dropped the leather and lost the 6-way seats, but my build now has NONE of the 6 delayed features. Here's hoping for a 2021 delivery!

Architect

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only the Badlands dash was black to match the seats! I’d gladly pay extra for a black dash. Why light grey with black seats???
Sponsored