Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people were dumb enough to put thousands down with no Guarantee of delivery, some also sold their car, went and got financing, insurance quotes and made a bunch of other poor life decisions none of which are Ford’s problem. Until my dealer called and said we picked it up and that was after truck driver fell off truck at depot and broke his ankle I didn’t do anything but wait, patiently. This is a want, not a need that I could have lived without indefinitely. If a Bronco is a need for you,you have already messed up.
Preach much! 👎
Sponsored

golferB813

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah. I'm just expecting official communication. There's no excuse for Ford to not be over communicating at this point. Yes pandemic whatever. But what about customer service. How many dumb advertising emails have you got from ford since you reserved? And how many emails of substance have you received from them regarding your reservation? I don't want to know about the F150 lightning, or the PBR rodeo or stay pumped. I want to know what is holding up my bronco. I want to know what they are doing to fix the voucher issue for off roadeo. And "search this forum" is a Bs answer. You shouldn't have to. Some people have put thousands of dollars down for this truck. They have a right to be overwhelmed with information about their vehicle.
BINGO! Do they actually think some BS merch they sent me in the mail is gonna calm me down?

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I waited until my dealer contacted me saying my Bronco is "built and awaiting shipment".

Then I sold my car.

That was 27 days ago.
I live 1.5hr away from MAP.

I'm now returning to the office in T-6 days.
Looks like public transit for me...

Fords system staying "Built and awaiting shipment" is what convinced me to sell my car. Surely you can sympathize with this and not call this a "poor life decision"?
I can, but if you have read through these threads consistently people are constantly doing things in preparation of a vehicle with no solid end point. You are caught in an unfortunate time period and it sucks you sold your vehicle too early.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, Ford is dumb, but if they're that dumb they should torch MAP and collect the insurance.
We have a winner, for dumb post du jour! lol

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BINGO! Do they actually think some BS merch they sent me in the mail is gonna calm me down?
You must be fun at Christmas and birthday parties! lol

Sponsored

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I waited until my dealer contacted me saying my Bronco is "built and awaiting shipment".

Then I sold my car.

That was 27 days ago.
I live 1.5hr away from MAP.

I'm now returning to the office in T-6 days.
Looks like public transit for me...

Fords system staying "Built and awaiting shipment" is what convinced me to sell my car. Surely you can sympathize with this and not call this a "poor life decision"?
Maybe you'll luck out, and they'll push your return to office out. Delta appears to be running rampant here in Kentucky, and I'm sure it's headed North.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If more MICs are being scheduled and built today (which is the case) either:

Lot Broncos are bad for something other than MICs

Ford has a solution to Broncos with Bad MICs.

My dealer said it's semi conductors, but that would delay the entire line. Either roofs are bad, or that whole bunch is screwed for something else
What's going to suck for everyone in the bad batch is that no matter what the solution is, it's unlikely Ford is going to halt production to prioritize them. They'll find a way to grab any extras of whatever is holding them up as they keep producing others.

As an example, I'd expect if there were a significant number of them that have bad roofs, but Ford/Webasto has corrected that problem to the degree they can resume some production, Ford is unlikely to hold back production to use all the good roofs on the vehicles already produced. Instead, if there are a handful of good roofs beyond the production needs for the day/week, those will go to the bad batch as they are available. Same with any other commodity.

The hope would be that during an upcoming shutdown week the supplier can get a significant quantity of whatever it is to Ford for the backlog.

I don't know any of this to be fact, just what I understand about manufacturing in general and how I'd expect Ford to respond. Until the vehicles have been sitting long enough to cause real monetary pain to Ford, their priority won't rise above other vehicles.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can, but if you have read through these threads consistently people are constantly doing things in preparation of a vehicle with no solid end point. You are caught in an unfortunate time period and it sucks you sold your vehicle too early.
I haven't filled out apps or anything like that yet, but I did put down a 500 deposit with dealer at order. That makes that agreement a contract as there has been consideration made, now I just need ford to enable the performance side of it by shipping my truck.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’re the world leader in convertible tops and removable tops. They own the market. It’s like if ZF had a problem making transmissions. If the world’s largest manufacturer is struggling, then what makes anyone think a new guy is going to do dramatically better.
because at this point it would be hard to screw up any worse than Webasto has.

Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"I've caught wind of several alternatives being considered... some more drastic than others."
@PREMiERdrum Do you feel comfortable sharing any of this information?
Everyone brushed over this post.🍿

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I still believe the hard top foibles are price-point related. Ford is attempting to sell tops at half the price of Stellantis. You can have Good, quick, or cheap. You just can’t have all three.
That's why I was so dead set on a mod top. The MIC is a low quality option. Just enough to get the job done.

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Day 1 Wildtrak and I still haven’t gotten a build date (like many others I assume). How hard can it be to build 150K vehicles for a company that makes $1M+ annually?

Why hasn’t Ford fired Webasto and build their own tops yet?

sorry just venting cause I’m tired of waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.