Sponsored

Ford, there are no supply chain issues with communications best practice[Update: Email From Ford]

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My question is; what about all the $$$$ in deposits? Mine was not huge but start doing the math and that’s a lot of interest $$$$
Deposits are held by dealers not by FMC. Regardless, it's miniscule on a per dealer basis, largely due to the fact that they most likely do not invest such funds.
Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Mine was built on 2/24. All I get from ford is stay in contact with your dealer. Dealer has no answers all they say is gps shows still in Michigan. 2024s are gonna roll out before I see mine.
Could have been stolen and Ford would never know due to their sloppiness

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford doesn’t care about its customers it cares about its large dealers…..

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford is struggling with a lot of issues associated with retail orders. What once was a small percentage of their sales has become quite large. Instead of keeping people in the dark, Ford would be better off giving people an incentive offer to buy another vehicle off a dealer lot. That offer would make the dealer stock sale be the equivalent to what the retail order would have been, if Ford hadn't screwed up.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updating this thread as well:
Just wanted to reply here guys, as I know many are in the same situation.

I've been stuck in "shipping" for 6 weeks, with no "last updated" status change since the day it was shipped.

I check the tracker every day. 2 days ago the "last updated" changed to 6/20. No other communications, just noticed that change in the tracker.

Received email and notification from dealer this morning that it arrived. So, just something to add to keep an eye out for, maybe a better sign for your than the email as to what's to come soon.

Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reading all these posts, and waiting for my "built" 2dr. What a crap show. I know we are all eager and frustrated, but does the idea of allowing customers to see build dates, and then leave them hanging without explanation make sense for a business. Transparency is the new norm, but It's ridiculous. I see it scheduled, I see it in production, and I see modules pop. I see it built....then.... for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks, customer gets left clueless -->excitement totally deflated.

All the positive posters saying "it's worth it". I'm sure on delivery day, it seems like it, but overall, it's a shitty business model. If it's a shipping holdup, find somebody better, who can meet ETAs. If it's parts shortage or hold issue...post up and update customers. Don't give an ETA you can't confirm and spin customers out. Built awaiting shipment means load it up. Don't go to built if it ain't done, or at least pull it back to IP with a delay note. Give Chat or CS an ability to enter unit and get a semi-detailed status. Stop sending customers to Tracking link when that's the reason we called. ...and stop saying "contact dealer". I am a Ford Tech in Service at the dealer. Nobody knows shit. No update since "built" May 5th...yeah, I'll watch that tracker instead of call... idiots.

If you are a business owner or run a business.... you get it. If you're a customer, you get it. If you are Ford, you clearly don't get it. Customers are trying to wave the Bronco flag.
Very well put.

A prospective 2-door Bronco customer and long-time Ford guy, I've lurked around here for over a year and (long story short) once I learned that a base Sasquatch was unobtainium I ordered up a new 2-door Rubicon as a placeholder. As I ordered through Granger, it couldn't have been simpler, and communications from them and Jeep were completely transparent as well. Six weeks from order to delivery, best new vehicle buying experience to date.

I really hope Ford gets out of the forest with Bronco. This stuff you guys are going through is crazy. Buying a vehicle should never be a stressful situation...

Last edited:

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has completely botched this launch, and communication and organization is a huge part of it. I will not defend Ford, but I will say as a supplier to the OEM's, there are many instances were the information from our suppliers is just awful. If ford gets garbage information, they can only report out what they have ben told. Garbage in - garbage out as the saying goes

This maybe some of the issue, however Ford needs to do better at improving communication accuracy as everyone will look to them when the info is wrong, not the suppliers. If the feedback they get is bad they need to push the suppliers to do better. This is where I take issue, it does not appear Ford has made any improvement on this front.

good luck getting your trucks!

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford doesn’t care about its customers it cares about its large dealers…..
@Ford Motor Company cares about its share price and will obfuscate wherever needed to make sure shareholders don't see any issues with their business (like tens of millions of dollars of unsold inventory stuck in production). The dealers are getting screwed here too- they are downstream from all of this production, quality and brand damage happening with order holders. At some point, the board of directors will figure out what's happening or the shareholders will- that's the only thing that will force them to get/ be better.

K76Husker

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well after my bronco was built on 2/24 it finally shipped on 7/1. Called the dealer today to see if it was getting close. Dealer said yeah it is but there is a stop sale from ford on four of the broncos on the shipment. Mine is one of them. Dealer said ford probably was running out of room so they shipped them without recalls done or parts they need so guess it will be sitting on the lot waiting for parts instead of my garage. They get you excited and kick you in the nuts once again.
Sponsored