Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, I'm alive and well. I taught our band camp last week, 14 hours a day Mon-Fri. I was quite busy.

A blacked out Transit didn't abduct me in the middle of the night or anything.

Things are not great. Commodity issues far beyond the MIC tops have exploded, the chip shortage has finally reached the Bronco supply chain, and nobody really has any good answers at this point. As bad as the issues have been up to this point, this is worse.

Things are so fluid and changing so quickly, by the time I get scraps of new info it's quite likely outdated. If there's one little glimmer of good news, it may just be that the planned volume and availability of the dealer stock 4 door soft top units is quickly trending downward. After all, you can't build the "less desirable" units if you can't build anything at all.

Edit to add: My inbox is crammed with a metric ton of unread messages. If you're waiting on a reply, I'll try to get thru those in the next few days.

Q&A

In all honesty, FE reservation holders are the only ones who should feel super confident about much of anything at this point.

You're good.

To my knowledge, none of the purgatory holds are waiting on chips. MAP hasn't built any Broncos without chips awaiting further installation as other Ford plants have. I've heard of some proposals but nothing that's started yet.

No, emphatically. Hasn't happened, isn't happening, won't happen.

Update 8/10:

LOTS of discussion here, and some of the options being brought up jive with *possibilities* being considered. AFAIK, there isn't a firm decision one way or another. All FEs will be built out in MY21 (and honestly those still awaiting a VIN and scheduling shouldn't be waiting too much longer). Some more MIC MY21s are probably going to be built, but I doubt we'll see them any appreciable numbers.

The main thing to watch is scheduling both this week and next (assuming they both end up happening as scheduled). How many members here will see their non-FE MIC units scheduled? If we see many (any?), that's a decent sign. I don't think we will.

Another kick in the sack is that from everything I've been told none of the purgatory units are awaiting any type of inspection any longer. They're just stuck waiting on solution(s).

I've caught wind of several alternatives being considered... some more drastic than others.

Not likely, which is the biggest holdup right now. The backlash for widespread delivery of shitty tops compounded by the freight costs to deliver thousands of new tops and payouts to dealers for installing them... it's not a path they want to fo down. Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly.
Any updates on what's happening at Ford?
Sponsored

Bmars1127

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yeah. Got that button too- but it doesnā€™t stay on after turning engine off. I normally remember to push after it shots off at first light. New car- new features- old brain - you do the math.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here on Bronco6G we are aware of the Bronco production issues particularly as it applies to the hard top. I have been curious to know if the public has an awareness. This YouTuber (video is dated July 21, 2021) seems to have some understanding. This bit of knowledge I found interesting.

Wow - that guy is great! He gave such an open and honest review and did not bias it toward his "home team" in any way that was not justifiable. I'd like to see his reviews in the future if he ever gets his hands on a Bronco. It was hilarious when he noted that Toyota would go crazy if he did not include reliability in his categories...

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow - that guy is great! He gave such an open and honest review and did not bias it toward his "home team" in any way that was not justifiable. I'd like to see his reviews in the future if he ever gets his hands on a Bronco. It was hilarious when he noted that Toyota would go crazy if he did not include reliability in his categories...
From my perspective, he is one of the best. His review of other Ford trucks is beneficial as well. I use his videos to help me learn more about Ranger, Ranger Raptor, etc.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Their xtreme recon package is mighty steep at $4000.
It is, considering it is only sold on the Rubicon which already has Dana 44ā€™s and front and rear lockers. Not sure if the package includes regearing, but just think how easy ā€œFord charges $4500ā€ is for them to say (while ignoring that Ford actually charges $2500 on a Rubicon-equivalent Badlands). Most buyers wonā€™t know and will just pay up.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It is, considering it is only sold on the Rubicon which already has Dana 44ā€™s and front and rear lockers. Not sure if the package includes regearing, but just think how easy ā€œFord charges $4500ā€ is for them to say (while ignoring that Ford actually charges $2500 on a Rubicon-equivalent Badlands). Most buyers wonā€™t know and will just pay up.
Regear to 4.56 for auto 4.88 for manual, 2 inch mopar lift, bead lock capable wheels 35 BFG ko2 tires, fender extensions, swing gate reinforcement.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Regear to 4.56 for auto 4.88 for manual, 2 inch mopar lift, bead lock capable wheels 35 BFG ko2 tires, fender extensions, swing gate reinforcement.
Ok, so Mansquatch!

Yeah, other than the swing gate reinforcement, and so little bit of the Mopar lift, not seeing much difference with the Badlands Sasquatch value of $2500. Weā€™ll allow maybe a $3000 value.

Damn that 4.88 manual version will be ready right out of the box ā€¦

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok, so Mansquatch!

Yeah, other than the swing gate reinforcement, and so little bit of the Mopar lift, not seeing much difference with the Badlands Sasquatch value of $2500. Weā€™ll allow maybe a $3000 value.

Damn that 4.88 manual version will be ready right out of the box ā€¦
100:1 craw ratio out the box. The wheels/tires are $2500 a regear is $1500-$2000 tire carrier is $600. I see the value itā€™s just expensive.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here's the thing. We're all frustrated. You, me, BadBatch, Push4xAlreadyBatch, everyone.

There have been literal thousands of posts on here with us expressing our displeasure with at a minimum the lack of communication from Ford.

But here's the thing. There is currently no public pressure that I can tell outside of B6G and two other large but private Facebook Groups.

If we collectively want to get Ford to communicate via pressure, this isn't the place to do it.

I suggest everyone take to Twitter and other Socials that accept Hashtags and start by asking what on earth is up with #BadBatchBroncos.

If we get enough external eyes on Bronco production, that's when Ford won't be able to ignore is anymore.

Ford Bronco Bronco production update 8/9:  Commodity issues far beyond MIC tops. Chip shortage reaches Bronco supply chain (NO COVID TALK) Dirt-Mountain

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here's the thing. We're all frustrated. You, me, BadBatch, Push4xAlreadyBatch, everyone.

There have been literal thousands of posts on here with us expressing our displeasure with at a minimum the lack of communication from Ford.

But here's the thing. There is currently no public pressure that I can tell outside of B6G and two other large but private Facebook Groups.

If we collectively want to get Ford to communicate via pressure, this isn't the place to do it.

I suggest everyone take to Twitter and other Socials that accept Hashtags and start by asking what on earth is up with #BadBatchBroncos.

If we get enough external eyes on Bronco production, that's when Ford won't be able to ignore is anymore.

Ford Bronco Bronco production update 8/9:  Commodity issues far beyond MIC tops. Chip shortage reaches Bronco supply chain (NO COVID TALK) Dirt-Mountain
It's been effective on Twitter so far..Good ol' Mikey L has been busy with us #BadBatchBronco folks šŸ˜ˆ

Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been effective on Twitter so far..Good ol' Mikey L has been busy with us #BadBatchBronco folks šŸ˜ˆ
Agreed Mac but that's only been what, 15 or so of us.

Imagine the hundreds and hundreds of us on B6G tweeting. Then what? šŸ’Ŗ

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed Mac but that's only been what, 15 or so of us.

Imagine the hundreds and hundreds of us on B6G tweeting. Then what? šŸ’Ŗ
True...... How do we rally the troops?!!?!?

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True...... How do we rally the troops?!!?!?
I try by posting little motivational things like the Dirt Mountain logos, that's something people can quickly and simply share while posing a link to the various Dirt Mountain Videos along with the hashtag #BadBatchBroncos

It's all about getting people out of their comfort zone I guess. Trust me, I too enjoy venting in B6G, it's my safe space hahaha.

But now's the time to get as many šŸ‘€ on this as possible.

Ford Bronco Bronco production update 8/9:  Commodity issues far beyond MIC tops. Chip shortage reaches Bronco supply chain (NO COVID TALK) Screenshot_20210728-162002~3

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

100:1 craw ratio out the box. The wheels/tires are $2500 a regear is $1500-$2000 tire carrier is $600. I see the value itā€™s just expensive.
Yeah but (much like Squatch) they are putting that stuff on instead of the non-extreme components.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I truly by posting little motivational things like the Dirt Mountain logos, that's something people can quickly and simply share while posing a link to the various Dirt Mountain Videos along with the hashtag #BadBatchBroncos

It's all about getting people out of their comfort zone I guess. Trust me, I to enjoy venting in B6G, it's my safe space hahaha.

But now's the time to get as many šŸ‘€ on this as possible.

Ford Bronco Bronco production update 8/9:  Commodity issues far beyond MIC tops. Chip shortage reaches Bronco supply chain (NO COVID TALK) Screenshot_20210728-162002~3
I emailed that guy, he lost interest when he found out I was all the way down in Houston.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.