Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right caption . . . . . wrong science . . . . . ??

That sounds like a "YES" . . . ( as Art Bell would've said . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No way, cause if you sell it with a crappy top the next guy going to blame Ford or anyone that see’s the bad top will

Yep . . good point . . . a used buyer would still expect the warranty - if less than 3-yrs

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here on Bronco6G we are aware of the Bronco production issues particularly as it applies to the hard top. I have been curious to know if the public has an awareness. This YouTuber (video is dated July 21, 2021) seems to have some understanding. This bit of knowledge I found interesting.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum can you give ANY indication as to when you THINK the ones stuck will start to see significant movement towards shipping? Won't hold you to it!
Looks like @PREMiERdrum stopped answering questions right when you asked the one I was most interested in!

• Sad
Reactions: Dro

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here on Bronco6G we are aware of the Bronco production issues particularly as it applies to the hard top. I have been curious to know if the public has an awareness. This YouTuber (video is dated July 21, 2021) seems to have some understanding. This bit of knowledge I found interesting.

I don’t visit BN very much, are they even discussing the roof issue and stranded Broncos over there?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I also have one stuck in the lot for over a month. Trying to maintain the excitement and anticipation with no end date is frustrating. But I honestly worry more about the line workers at Ford and all the part suppliers having steady work and income. What is fair for them is that Ford does everything they can to keep the line moving. If that means I have to wait, then I wait. I don’t want more people out of work so I get my Bronco sooner.
No need to be noble they want to be laid off trust me. Especially for what the future holds.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think all signs point to mass produced quality MIC tops are vaporware and we're about to see every soft top order get filled and the few MICs that make it past quality control make their way onto FE trucks. Ford needs to keep the line moving and put Broncos in dealerships and driveways so build and ship what they can is their only option
If this ends up being reality, and that seems likely at this point, Ford needs to give people who have a VIN but not currently built a chance to switch to the soft top. If selecting a soft top with hard top connections was an option I would have done that from the beginning.

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this ends up being reality, and that seems likely at this point, Ford needs to give people who have a VIN but not currently built a chance to switch to the soft top. If selecting a soft top with hard top connections was an option I would have done that from the beginning.
I'll go one step further. They ought to give all of us who have been built and are in MIC top purgatory the option to switch it out with a soft top and hard top connections and discount the difference. At this point I would just be happy to have my Bronco shipped if the only thing keeping it from passing QC is the MIC top.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That speedometer has to be the most useless gauge ever. To finely scaled for a peripheral gauge, and speeds you’d be stupid to drive at the top.

On the flip, that is the perfect place for a 7MT tach, with redline at the top.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So what I am getting out of this is Ford can’t reliably build a hard top in any volume at this time, and they don’t want to have to pay to ship hard tops when they can in the future.

So our choice is soft top, and we foot the bill later, or wait for an unknown period of time.

Given that 90% of the orders started out wanting a hard top, I’d say Ford has a huge customer satisfaction problem on their hands. Also, three years from now used Broncos with soft tops will be available in spades.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.