Sponsored

Bronco R Race Prototype Revealed for Baja 1000!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's hardly any difference ... we've been over this already. No matter how wide the wheel placement is, you're not getting a load more interior room.

BR-EB 50ms.gif

Being 10-20' behind the EB doesn't mean **** when the camera was 300+' away. But I'm sure you'll keep telling yourself it does, so you can like the shiny thing and pretend it doesn't contradict your previous opinion.
Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always knew you’d come around once you saw the four door version. I’m quite sure the two door will be smaller then this and will appease the rock crawlers or tight trail explorers like myself.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because you were concerned all along that the midsize was so much shorter than a FSB ... riiiiiight ... we all saw that one ... o_O

You guys crack me up. You're sooooo desperate to like the shiny thing you keep lying to yourself. This is too easy ...

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another thing about the Bronco R-the number on it is 2069

6/9/2020 is the first day of the NAIAS and is also still Spring of 2020 since Summer doesn't start in the northern hemisphere till June 20, 2020

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ohhhhhhhhh yes yes yes yes YES! Love the proportions, love the styling, LOVE IT! If this is the actual length of the 2 door, I might find myself in one of them instead. And with the flared fenders, stepped window line, and power bulge on the hood... I'M IN LOVE

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're very Troller-esque.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.
The back end does look similar especially with this race truck version having no back to the rear fender.

The only thing I’m not stoked on is the back window. I was hoping the B pilar was slightly angled like the FS Bronco and the renditions on here. Alas, its a small thing to complain about and so far I’m really liking the overall look.

I think the regular production version is going to look much more Bronco like then a Troller

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because you were concerned all along that the midsize was so much shorter than a FSB ... riiiiiight ... we all saw that one ... o_O

You guys crack me up. You're sooooo desperate to like the shiny thing you keep lying to yourself. This is too easy ...
And you're soooo desperate to hate it. Guess there's nothing left for you to stick around for since it's such a POS.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dreaming of a 2-Door-Grabber Orange-Raptor Inspired-V8-Manual Tranny...I know I'll have to settle for a Whoopie Cushion Sounding 4 Banger With A Slush Box!

Favorite thing I like about the RACE BRONCO, The Grill (Without the Red R)...

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The cost of the lift to make room for 37-40" tires on an IFS Bronco will be more than upgrading axles in a Jeep
Lets wait and see. I'm not saying anything but...

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd happily give up 50hp in exchange for a 5.0 that sounds decent. I don't plan on taking a Bronco to the drag strip.
Is this not the same argument of those who say "I don't need SFA, im not going to Moab", only in this case you can substitute drag strip for anything off-road at high speed? Different strokes for different folks. I want the power, and it would be silly for me to not buy it because it doesn't sound like a Detroit Diesel 8V71 (which by the way ruined the sound of any gasser v8 for me...)

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is ugly as **** if you ask me. I honestly think half the people declaring their love for it today would say the same thing if they weren't so desperate to see something.
And you're soooo desperate to hate it. Guess there's nothing left for you to stick around for since it's such a POS.
Yeah @Stampede.Offroad whats the deal? Did you really think it was going to come with a V8. Are you surprised a desert race truck has IFS. Did you expect it to look that much different?
It looks pretty close to what most thought it would and this is a stretched out trophy truck.

This is a purpose built Baja truck. I’m sure the production model and cross our fingers “ Rock Monster “ Bronco are going to be more trail oriented.

I never expected a V8 or a solid front. I do expect Ford to make it competitive with Jeep though. We still have to wait and see what they are offering.

Can’t we just be excited that we are finally seeing a Bronco product from Ford? I’m just thrilled that they are obviously putting a lot of effort into it. I don’t think we are going to be let down with the production version.

Last edited:

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A few thoughts...
I really think the race prototype is only slightly off from the production model.
The front is going to be a bit shorter, the lift a bit lower.
I hope they keep the raked back windshield though, it looks racy and makes the bronco look like its in motion while standing still.
Also, just my WAG, but I have a feeling they'll release it with the base 2.4 turbo, the twin turbo V6, and maybe debut a raptor version down the line with a V8.
If not a V8 raptor version, I'm almost positive they'll eventually offer a V8 as an option. Somewhere down the line someone rich and powerful and influential and older, lol is going to stress, "why no V8?" Yes it goes against the current Ford pathos of ecoboostin', but I hate to admit it.... I missed the sound of the V8 rumble in the baja race vid.
Sponsored