First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Windrock park, Trail 27. First video is of friends Jeep going through. He has a couple inches of poke. Watching him, I knew I would damage both drivers side fender flares. One of the jeeps lost a mirror.

So I took the high route. Was hoping I could make it with out any damage. In video you can see me slide sideways and slam rear fender flare. Very surprised at how strong the Flares are. The clips appear to be all that broke.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor off roads at Windrock Trail 27. Flares show toughness [video + photos] IMG_2946
Sponsored

Indarkness

Wildtrak
First Name
First second
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting to see. If the flare was smaller or not there you probably could have avoided damage on the hit all together. But smaller flares or no flares leads to other issues. Awesome to see owners using their raptors.

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Crazy -- my Braptor is at the dealer for the same fender flare issue. Happened in a different scenario though--just baja running and nailed a deeper rut than expected--heard a pop. Hoping they can get it reattached without too much trouble.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome to see owners using their raptors.
Couldn't agree more! I don't give a rip how it looks detailed in your parking garage :LOL:

Great video OP.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Crazy -- my Braptor is at the dealer for the same fender flare issue. Happened in a different scenario though--just baja running and nailed a deeper rut than expected--heard a pop. Hoping they can get it reattached without too much trouble.
Technically I am down to 3 good flares which I am sure will change, the braptor is very capable just needs a couple minor tweaks to avoid simple issues. There are quite a few trails at Windrock that pretty much guarantee you have to use the tires on a wall to go through which the braptor in stock form can't do without said end results.

Sponsored

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Couldn't agree more! I don't give a rip how it looks detailed in your parking garage :LOL:

Great video OP.
Yep Agree with above. Nice to see a BRaptor in the wild other than the Ford High Speed Desert Pass Promos... those are nice too.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Windrock park, Trail 27. First video is of friends Jeep going through. He has a couple inches of poke. Watching him, I knew I would damage both drivers side fender flares. One of the jeeps lost a mirror.

So I took the high route. Was hoping I could make it with out any damage. In video you can see me slide sideways and slam rear fender flare. Very surprised at how strong the Flares are. The clips appear to be all that broke.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor off roads at Windrock Trail 27. Flares show toughness [video + photos] IMG_2946
Glad to see that the flares are built Ford tough. Amazing that you only broke a few clips.

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Technically I am down to 3 good flares which I am sure will change, the braptor is very capable just needs a couple minor tweaks to avoid simple issues. There are quite a few trails at Windrock that pretty much guarantee you have to use the tires on a wall to go through which the braptor in stock form can't do without said end results.
I would have clearly rubbed both going in along that wall. Would it have been worse than I did trying the high route? Don't know.

This is exactly why I started the thread about how much poke. Had all ready hit a rear flare lightly where poke would have saved it. I am sure 1" poke would have prevented this. Not sure I would have tried going along the wall with 1" poke though.

Its a lot of fun off road and very capable.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Windrocks is a great place to off-road. I did trail 22 in a stock 4 door OBX non sas. I got high centered once. I now have a Badlands Sas 2 door and can't wait to hit that trail again.

We have a local group of Bronco owners that try and meet up once a month at Winrocks.

Here is the link to the group if you want to join up with local Bronco owners.

Windrocks Bronco

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wicked! I could see 51 being sketch for a BRaptor’s width. We had to take the flares off of our non-Raptor on 16, or they would’ve been ripped off, and I think 22 would’ve been the same if they weren’t already off

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wicked! I could see 51 being sketch for a BRaptor’s width. We had to take the flares off of our non-Raptor on 16, or they would’ve been ripped off, and I think 22 would’ve been the same if they weren’t already off
I have done 51 with out hitting a Flare. Can you get the flares off with out breaking the clips?
Sponsored

Last edited: