one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
speak for yourself, Im impressed it got a Real American engine (V8, 392 no less) instead a Foreign-ish 3.0 V6 twin turbo
Did I miss something about the Raptor engines? How are they foreign-ish?
Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the BR; hideous looking, but still some great off road parts, but so far the 392 is 10 times as cool, no comparison.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This just really exemplifies the Broncos extra qualities that Jeep canā€™t compare with. The Jeep is great for trail and rocks but itā€™s kind of a one trick pony that way. The Bronco can be like a street legal Baja runner and run like a side by side. Jeep can only stuff a big engine in there to do anything.

Still pretty awesome and great if not the best at what it does but the Bronco just really shows itā€™s versatility in off-roading with this Raptor.

Now we just need a Coyote V8 to get that sweet roar and instant torque and all Jeep will have left again is rocks šŸ˜‚
Chryslers MO has always been put a bigger motor in something as a way of competing, completely overlooking most other areas of opportunity.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chryslers MO has always been put a bigger motor in something as a way of competing, completely overlooking most other areas of opportunity.
Reminds me of the old days of motor racing. More power, more power and more power... That's how you win races! Lol

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reminds me of the old days of motor racing. More power, more power and more power... That's how you win races! Lol
Gotta love Chryslers terribly inefficient engine options too. 6.4 liters making 470 hp is 73 HP per liter, while the 3.0 in the Raptor, even if it makes only 400 HP will be sitting at a pretty 133 HP per liter. And for the folks that will say thatā€™s because Ford added forced induction, letā€™s look at the GT500 vs the Hellcat Redeye. Hellcat is 128 HP per liter with a 6.2 and Ford is 146 HP per liter from a 5.2

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They're both pretty awesome.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think he was refering to the Jeep/Fiat thing
I hope so, because the 2.7/3.0 was developed for the F-150 and is built in Ohio - nothing "foreign-ish" about it.

Gotta love Chryslers terribly inefficient engine options too. 6.4 liters making 470 hp is 73 HP per liter, while the 3.0 in the Raptor, even if it makes only 400 HP will be sitting at a pretty 133 HP per liter. And for the folks that will say thatā€™s because Ford added forced induction, letā€™s look at the GT500 vs the Hellcat Redeye. Hellcat is 128 HP per liter with a 6.2 and Ford is 146 HP per liter from a 5.2
Peak power is a useless metric for comparison, as is hp/liter. I could build an engine that produced stratospheric peak power and an extremely high hp/liter and you'd haaaaaate driving it.

You could throw different heads, cam, and intake on the 392 to give it a "better" peak horsepower rating, but it'd be entirely at the expense of the 1000-3000rpm range. You know, where you spend most of your time.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now we just need a Coyote V8 to get that sweet roar and instant torque
Have you ever driven something with a Coyote? There's a huge delay in torque production, it doesn't really come on until about 2750rpm. It's a total dog below that.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, Iā€™m enjoying my 392 Xtreme Recon quite a bit. 37s are going on next week. Threw a 3.5ā€ lift on it last week. Itā€™s an AWD Charger in a straight line which is hilarious on the streets yet I can take the doors and roof off and take it to Moab if I want. Best of both worlds for me.

With that said, I am definitely eying the Bronco Raptor in 23ā€™ or 24ā€™. Gonna give them a year or two to work any potential kinks out, let the demand die down some and then Iā€™ll probably buy one. I really want the painted modular top on whatever Bronco I buy too which is more reason for me to wait.

Unless youā€™ve driven a 392, you donā€™t really have any room to talk. Itā€™s truly an amazing vehicle. And Iā€™m planning on running quite a few trails with mine in the near future. Blind brand loyalty is hilarious šŸ˜‚

D85A5A4F-CA39-4868-88A9-05B012225604.jpeg
I've had the SRT GC with the 392, the TRX and a Redeye Challenger. There is no replacement for displacement. I almost pulled the trigger on the 392 Rubicon. Had a white one with the Recon and SunRider top already specked. I understand exactly the ridiculousness of the straight line acceleration, and it's quite intoxicating. Had I not run across my current Bronco, I would have been receiving the Rubi soon. Congrats on the jeep, love the color!!!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
crank and wheel comparisons.
430hp 430torque estimated
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Jeep 392 Comparison [TFL] FD620052-1B1B-4D08-9B4E-CBCA92603A3B

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Jeep 392 Comparison [TFL] 00E18D54-9227-40FB-86C8-69E75C2F7DF6

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The biggest difference between any modern Jeep vs any modern Bronco to me:

I can actually go out & buy a Jeep.

Sucks, but Jeep wins as far as I can tell. Now that can easily change as soon as Ford fixes their reservation / ordering process. 110% I'd rather have the Bronco, but due to Ford, I maybe forced into going a different route.
Sponsored