First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would and did purchase a Braptor. As for EV, its not much if any cleaner than ICE when you consider everything need to produce the vehicle, and everything required to dispose of it at end of life.

Also, for me range is a huge issue. We went to stay with friends in Orange beach for a few days. 8 hour drive for us. Over ten for them. They had to stop to charge, and in the Rural south not a lot of rapid charge stations, they had to wait an hour to charge at one until a charger was empty. I'm not owning something I cant drive 600 or more miles with out charging as my closest relative is 550 mile.
Exactly!
Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh I hear you on that... I've been down on the posers here too. Buying something JUST because you think it looks cool is about the dumbest thing. I don't want to get into that too much though because I'll get accused of gate-keeping...

The thing with the Hummer EV is that it really won't be a comparable to the Raptor in off-road ability. Too much body. When you actually wheel there are so many situations that come up: huge rocks you have to squeeze by, uphill with a bend that has a tree you get kicked into,...
There is one huge issue that is very dangerous for occupants in an EV off-roading. That is H2O, the number one enemy with any lithium powered EV. Lithium if exposed to any sort of moisture or water causes the batteries to fizzle into a fire or explosion. Very dangerous!!! The other equation to lithium batteries is how is the US going to dispose of such battery knowing what water exposure does to such batteries?

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is one huge issue that is very dangerous for occupants in an EV off-roading. That is H2O, the number one enemy with any lithium powered EV. Lithium if exposed to any sort of moisture or water causes the batteries to fizzle into a fire or explosion. Very dangerous!!! The other equation to lithium batteries is how is the US going to dispose of such battery knowing what water exposure does to such batteries?
Non-issue.

First, there are literally billions of devices around the world with lithium batteries. Billions. The phone in your pocket, the watch on my wrist,...

Now your next comment is going to be: "But in an accident the batteries in an EV can explode." You have to remember riding around with a tank of highly combustible gasoline isn't anything different. It's all stored energy and in the wrong situation it will be released.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a couple of them Running Moab on Cruise Moab April 21

IMG_3510.jpg
So they enlisted the person that designed the Chevy Avalanche to design this? FUGLY!!!
Sponsored