Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is different about the 4DR non-squatch rack???

:unsure: only thing I can thing that is different would be the FAD with those models not being the advance transfer case. Would this be why?? Next question is why would the FAD interfere with the rack programming ???? Why are all 2drs covered then???? Wouldn't a non-squatch 2DR have the standard transfer case with a front axle disconnect???? I thought I understood how the Broncs were optioned.
That said, letā€™s not waste any more time detracting from the initial find. Being a 4 door non-SAS Badlands owner Iā€™m also curious why itā€™s excluded.
I don't know, but $20 says it's a programming limitation.

They say on the Ford Performance website that the ProCal 4 needs to be connected before the old rack is removed. That implies the that they are pulling the firmware or some sort of configuration off of the old steering rack before the new rack is installed. So I would assume there is something in the 4-door non-Sas programming that is not compatible with this steering rack.

BUT, we'll see once the instructions appear on the Ford Performance website. I suspect it may be possible to "steal" the configuration off of a Sasquatch Bronco with ProCal and use that to install the rack on a non-Sasquatch Bronco. But either way, I'll probably order this and see what happens once my piggy bank recovers from the last round of upgrades I installed.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

:unsure: only thing I can thing that is different would be the FAD with those models not being the advance transfer case. Would this be why?? Next question is why would the FAD interfere with the rack programming ???? Why are all 2drs covered then???? Wouldn't a non-squatch 2DR have the standard transfer case with a front axle disconnect???? I thought I understood how the Broncs were optioned.
To go down the rabbit hole further regarding non Sasquatch optioned Broncos, the OBX with the rear locker included the 4A transfer case for MY'21-'23. The same model years on the Black Diamond, the 4A transfer case was optional without optioning the Sasquatch package. No idea how 2-dr/4-dr factor into the calculus other than 2-dr rules and moar door drools . šŸ˜œ

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Pro-Cal 4 listed in the details certainly catches my eye, as I have no desire to run a tune that requires premium, but I'd like to correct my speedo and/or gearing as needed.
strictly speaking, ProCal Tune doesn't require premium,
you just don't get all the benefits without using premium

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I misunderstanding? Pic from my 4 door non-SAS Badlands. It has the advanced 4A transfer case.

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! IMG_0445

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Following this

Exclusions: 2021-2023 Bronco 4Dr Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, Badlands that do NOT have the factory Sasquatch Package.

Surprised it's even excluding the non-SAS Badlands packages.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To go down the rabbit hole further regarding non Sasquatch optioned Broncos, the OBX with the rear locker included the 4A transfer case for MY'21-'23. The same model years on the Black Diamond, the 4A transfer case was optional without optioning the Sasquatch package. No idea how 2-dr/4-dr factor into the calculus other than 2-dr rules and moar door drools . šŸ˜œ

I knew they did some weird shit in "building" a Bronc.

Just like the BD 4A being optional W/O Squatch, so no front locker, and yet a non-sas Badlands, with a front locker and 4A, like @nolimits is on the list. :unsure: Because it's a 4DR. šŸ¤Ŗ

2DR finally gets one up on the 4DRs :LOL: ...or maybe because they are BADASS AND PURPOSE BUILT. šŸ˜

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I misunderstanding? Pic from my 4 door non-SAS Badlands. It has the advanced 4A transfer case.

IMG_0445.jpeg

Your not misunderstanding. I'm trying to understand. Like I said in my post above. I would think if you can do a 4DR WT, has 4A and front locker, a BL that has a 4A and squatch or not, has a front locker, they should be the same, no FAD.

It is a very strange exemption list. Or the Ford employee that typed the list got it wrong. Some state just posted the wrong lottery numbers and then had to tell the guy sorry, YOU LOOSE. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Pro-Cal 4 listed in the details certainly catches my eye, as I have no desire to run a tune that requires premium, but I'd like to correct my speedo and/or gearing as needed.
you can use the pro cal and leave PCM in factory tune, or add or remove the tune at will in 2 min...then run yer turd gas

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was anyone able to order one today? They are currently not in stock, it seems. Curious if they were earlier in the day.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it is, that's a helleva great price. Whats the shop time / approximate install cost?

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kinda peeved that buying a Sasquatch package in '22 somehow makes my steering system inferior, WTF FORD

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For what it is, that's a helleva great price. Whats the shop time / approximate install cost?
Not really. Itā€™s normal retail price. You can get a 3.0 rack from many places for a lot less.
Sponsored