Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all!

I went to the Ford Performance parts store looking for a diff cover... I am not in the market but stumbled across this:

BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT| Part Details for M-3200-WT | Ford Performance Parts - https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-3200-WT

BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT

Part number: M-3200-WT
Retail Price: $1,300.00

Upgrade your Bronco's off-road capability with an all-new, complete, ready-to-install Steering Gear from Ford Performance Parts.

Featuring a higher torque motor and improved and reinforced steering gear casing from the Bronco Raptor, stronger inner tie rods with improved articulation, and reinforced outer tie rods with increased deflection ball joints. Significantly reduces steering efforts in various off-road conditions.

Requires Ford Pro-Cal 4 to program and configure the steering gear.
  • 2.7 Bronco with Performance Tune - M-9603-B27
  • 2.3 Bronco with Performance Tune - M-9603-B23
  • Pro-Cal 4 Tool only (minimum required to complete install) - M-12655-F
Fitment
  • 2021-2024 2Dr (all models) are compatible
  • 2021-2024 4Dr Bronco with Sasquatch package
  • 2021-2022.5 4Dr Bronco Wildtrak®
***Module configuration required***

Note: Pro-Cal 4 needs to be connected to the vehicle before the original steering rack is removed to be able to proper configure and program the new steering gear.

Exclusions: 2021-2023 Bronco 4Dr Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, Badlands that do NOT have the factory Sasquatch Package.

M-3200-WT (1).jpeg
I know someone from NorCal that installed the 3.0 Rack on a NON-SAS Badlands with the 74 weld housing. I believe @popo_patty helped do the install
Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! IMG_2299
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As many time as your rack has failed have you asked your repairing dealership if they would offset/split the upgrade with you? That may be an option. I think this is the best approach.

mine hasn’t failed but I do take it off-road locally.m, and Moab/ouray so I’m not sure I’m a good litmus test
This. Most people installing lifts and bigger tires won't need the upgraded rack. To many posts on here stating the opposite and people recommending an upgraded rack when it is not needed so it's important to keep things in perspective.

Sure, people can spend their money how they see fit and I get the replace it now or fix it later mentally. But for those that off-road occasionally, run fire service roads, use the Bronco at the deer camp or climb curbs at their local coffee shop, this mod is probably unnecessary.

That said, it is good to see Ford offering the rack. Just need to dig in and figure out why half the 6g population is excluded (non-squatch moar doors)

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is different about the 4DR non-squatch rack???

:unsure: only thing I can thing that is different would be the FAD with those models not being the advance transfer case. Would this be why?? Next question is why would the FAD interfere with the rack programming ???? Why are all 2drs covered then???? Wouldn't a non-squatch 2DR have the standard transfer case with a front axle disconnect???? I thought I understood how the Broncs were optioned.
It can't be FAD because the BL is included. I'm just happy that it's only 4drs.

I'll probably end up doing this eventually. I was already planning on getting a Pro Cal next black Friday.

***Module configuration required***
Is this DIY level?

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hmmm.......so this Ford Upgrade would negate the need for any 74 Weld or Bronc Buster add-ons correct?.......PLUS - you also get a Ford Tune :)

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First time I’ve seen this. Only took them 2 years to offer it.
I don’t really care about a warranty, when doing things other than put putting on the street, shouldn’t expect much outside of electrical issues, since a customer usually won’t cause those things. Yes, some part changing and mods will, but not most.

For $1300, this makes me have questions. I see it includes an upgraded motor, and is it also that outside casing that looks like, well, don’t know, but I know it’s weak on the stock. Tie rods look ok with that bend, to deflect some force, but not sure if they’re beefier than say the ICON.

I’m wanting the 74Weld, full stage 3, but it’s $5K, but I need that before going crazy at Windrock, but I’m years away from $5K.

My question to you and @BigMeatsBronco and @flip , is in your opinion (know you‘re just seeing it as well), but I trust you guys more than any others (no offense, just years of these guys and they’re pros). Do you think this may be a solid upgrade that should at least buy me some time to do more rock obstacles, or should I wait until I can afford the full 74Weld?

I know 74Weld has a stage 1 that is great, but it’s that end cap and not a motor; that’s stage 2, which costs a lot more.

For $1300 and dealer instal, I think this sounds good to maybe buy me time.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Think it’s $1,300 for the rack PLUS $600 for the ProCal, so $1,900 total if you don’t already have the ProCal.
Yes correct. About $2K and you are set.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t really care about a warranty, when doing things other than put putting on the street, shouldn’t expect much outside of electrical issues, since a customer usually won’t cause those things. Yes, some part changing and mods will, but not most.

For $1300, this makes me have questions. I see it includes an upgraded motor, and is it also that outside casing that looks like, well, don’t know, but I know it’s weak on the stock. Tie rods look ok with that bend, to deflect some force, but not sure if they’re beefier than say the ICON.

I’m wanting the 74Weld, full stage 3, but it’s $5K, but I need that before going crazy at Windrock, but I’m years away from $5K.

My question to you and @BigMeatsBronco and @flip , is in your opinion (know you‘re just seeing it as well), but I trust you guys more than any others (no offense, just years of these guys and they’re pros). Do you think this may be a solid upgrade that should at least buy me some time to do more rock obstacles, or should I wait until I can afford the full 74Weld?

I know 74Weld has a stage 1 that is great, but it’s that end cap and not a motor; that’s stage 2, which costs a lot more.

For $1300 and dealer instal, I think this sounds good to maybe buy me time.
I think that’s a difficult question to answer and probably one that more than a few people are trying to consider.

But I think if you’re still years away from obtaining the stage 3 74weld setup that you’d really like, then this would be a good upgrade for the time being.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The procal will do the necessary configuration
Noice. The only part that put me off about the DIY rack swaps up til now has been the programming. I do have a spare regular rack and will likely break mine and swap that before I make this jump.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Stage 3 Motorsports mentioned this FP Rack system in one of their blog posts back in November of 2021. I'm surprised it took this long for it to finally become available. I can only guess that it took them this long to figure out the programming end for ProCal.

" Currently, there aren't any fixes available to ensure this doesn't happen, however, Ford itself is coming out with a Severe Duty Steering Rack for 2021-2022 Broncos under part number M-3200-WT. We don't have a lot of details as of yet with just what the Ford Performance Bronco Severe Duty steering rack will actually entail, but we should hear more soon. "

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/the-2021-2022-broncos-weak-point-tie-rods-steering-rack.html

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't see the point, simply swap in a 3.0 rack, program with FDRS using a donor VIN, and be done with it. It's easier, cheaper, and the exact same part as far as I know.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm.......so this Ford Upgrade would negate the need for any 74 Weld or Bronc Buster add-ons correct?.......PLUS - you also get a Ford Tune :)
bullet proof vs bomb proof; maybe...
Sponsored