Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see the point, simply swap in a 3.0 rack, program with FDRS using a donor VIN, and be done with it. It's easier, cheaper, and the exact same part as far as I know.
Looking at it that way as well. Not sure which I prefer. Maybe the tie rods are different, but don’t know.

How much should a 3.0 rack and programming cost on average?
Sponsored

briansh

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You are correct. Ford Performance Parts are considered aftermarket components and are sold without warranty unless otherwise specified.

For the Bronco, I think the only thing that has a warranty attached is the ProCal performance tunes. (And only when installed by an ASE/RSE certified tech.)
Not sure about “most”, but having them installed by a Ford dealership can maintain your warranty.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still trying to figure the part about a non-SAS BL. I have that, but have upgraded all the suspensions. I also have the Procol because I have the Ford tune. So why would this not work on a NoN SAS BL ??

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unless these are on another level of heavy duty, I don’t think that’s the case. The tie rods in the HOSS 3.0 are already the Ford Performance ones that are standard on BRaptor. Picture shows what looks to be the case. Maybe this severe duty rack is aimed to owners w/o the 3.0 components.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This setup is now standard on 2024 Squatch and all Badlands??
From my understanding yes. The BL and Squatch get this steering rack. The WT gets the rack and the fox shocks.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still trying to figure the part about a non-SAS BL. I have that, but have upgraded all the suspensions. I also have the Procol because I have the Ford tune. So why would this not work on a NoN SAS BL ??
It does work on non-sas BL, just not 4dr, which to me is even more wierd! One of the early Hoss 3.0 swaps was @Snacktime and his Bronc would be one of the excluded ones, so we do know Hoss 3.0 swap WILL WORK the way we have been doing them till now

4LifeBronco

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all!

I went to the Ford Performance parts store looking for a diff cover... I am not in the market but stumbled across this:

BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT| Part Details for M-3200-WT | Ford Performance Parts - https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-3200-WT

BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT

Part number: M-3200-WT
Retail Price: $1,300.00

Upgrade your Bronco's off-road capability with an all-new, complete, ready-to-install Steering Gear from Ford Performance Parts.

Featuring a higher torque motor and improved and reinforced steering gear casing from the Bronco Raptor, stronger inner tie rods with improved articulation, and reinforced outer tie rods with increased deflection ball joints. Significantly reduces steering efforts in various off-road conditions.

Requires Ford Pro-Cal 4 to program and configure the steering gear.
  • 2.7 Bronco with Performance Tune - M-9603-B27
  • 2.3 Bronco with Performance Tune - M-9603-B23
  • Pro-Cal 4 Tool only (minimum required to complete install) - M-12655-F
Fitment
  • 2021-2024 2Dr (all models) are compatible
  • 2021-2024 4Dr Bronco with Sasquatch package
  • 2021-2022.5 4Dr Bronco Wildtrak®
***Module configuration required***

Note: Pro-Cal 4 needs to be connected to the vehicle before the original steering rack is removed to be able to proper configure and program the new steering gear.

Exclusions: 2021-2023 Bronco 4Dr Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, Badlands that do NOT have the factory Sasquatch Package.

M-3200-WT (1).jpeg
There is this sound I hear when I’m off roading, coming from the drivers side by the brake and gas pedal. See attached video at 3/4 seconds in. Any ideas what that sound could be? I’m wondering if it’s this. 🐎

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking at it that way as well. Not sure which I prefer. Maybe the tie rods are different, but don’t know.

How much should a 3.0 rack and programming cost on average?
If you do it yourself, and you get the core return on the rack, it should be less.

I think I paid $1300 for the rack including the $400 core charge, $120 for the cheapest J2534 adapter (VXDiag), and the lowest cost license for FDRS is $50 for 2 days.

So that would work out to $1070 best case. I opted to keep my original rack and purchased a 1 year license for FDRS for $900. I programmed a few Broncos for a variety of reasons (mostly rack programming).

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems like this price is favorable as it comes with the performance tie rods, especially if you have already or want the Performance Tune anyway? The NB3Z-3504-M doesn’t come with the tie rods, correct?

Especially if you might want to use your old 2.0 for a 74weld for the Stage 2 treatment someday.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems like this price is favorable as it comes with the performance tie rods, especially if you have already or want the Performance Tune anyway? The NB3Z-3504-M doesn’t come with the tie rods, correct?

Especially if you might want to use your old 2.0 for a 74weld for the Stage 2 treatment someday.
NB3Z-3504-M is a full rack with inners and outers

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you do it yourself, and you get the core return on the rack, it should be less.

I think I paid $1300 for the rack including the $400 core charge, $120 for the cheapest J2534 adapter (VXDiag), and the lowest cost license for FDRS is $50 for 2 days.

So that would work out to $1070 best case. I opted to keep my original rack and purchased a 1 year license for FDRS for $900. I programmed a few Broncos for a variety of reasons (mostly rack programming).
I've seen people mention core charge. I'm not sure what that means. If I'm going from HOSS 2.0 to HOSS 3.0; if you send in the HOSS2.0, do you get a credit back?

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi all!

I went to the Ford Performance parts store looking for a diff cover... I am not in the market but stumbled across this:

BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT| Part Details for M-3200-WT | Ford Performance Parts - https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-3200-WT

BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT

Part number: M-3200-WT
Retail Price: $1,300.00

Upgrade your Bronco's off-road capability with an all-new, complete, ready-to-install Steering Gear from Ford Performance Parts.

Featuring a higher torque motor and improved and reinforced steering gear casing from the Bronco Raptor, stronger inner tie rods with improved articulation, and reinforced outer tie rods with increased deflection ball joints. Significantly reduces steering efforts in various off-road conditions.

Requires Ford Pro-Cal 4 to program and configure the steering gear.
  • 2.7 Bronco with Performance Tune - M-9603-B27
  • 2.3 Bronco with Performance Tune - M-9603-B23
  • Pro-Cal 4 Tool only (minimum required to complete install) - M-12655-F
Fitment
  • 2021-2024 2Dr (all models) are compatible
  • 2021-2024 4Dr Bronco with Sasquatch package
  • 2021-2022.5 4Dr Bronco Wildtrak®
***Module configuration required***

Note: Pro-Cal 4 needs to be connected to the vehicle before the original steering rack is removed to be able to proper configure and program the new steering gear.

Exclusions: 2021-2023 Bronco 4Dr Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, Badlands that do NOT have the factory Sasquatch Package.

M-3200-WT (1).jpeg
This is great info and great news for us Basesquatch folks. Thanks for posting this - it’s just enough upgrade for my rig.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hmmm.......so this Ford Upgrade would negate the need for any 74 Weld or Bronc Buster add-ons correct?.......PLUS - you also get a Ford Tune :)
you'll never need Bronc buster junk. His compycat blocks are NOT required for 3.0 tie rods. don't waist yer $$$.

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don’t really care about a warranty, when doing things other than put putting on the street, shouldn’t expect much outside of electrical issues, since a customer usually won’t cause those things. Yes, some part changing and mods will, but not most.

For $1300, this makes me have questions. I see it includes an upgraded motor, and is it also that outside casing that looks like, well, don’t know, but I know it’s weak on the stock. Tie rods look ok with that bend, to deflect some force, but not sure if they’re beefier than say the ICON.

I’m wanting the 74Weld, full stage 3, but it’s $5K, but I need that before going crazy at Windrock, but I’m years away from $5K.

My question to you and @BigMeatsBronco and @flip , is in your opinion (know you‘re just seeing it as well), but I trust you guys more than any others (no offense, just years of these guys and they’re pros). Do you think this may be a solid upgrade that should at least buy me some time to do more rock obstacles, or should I wait until I can afford the full 74Weld?

I know 74Weld has a stage 1 that is great, but it’s that end cap and not a motor; that’s stage 2, which costs a lot more.

For $1300 and dealer instal, I think this sounds good to maybe buy me time.
depends on your intended use and tire size....3.0 is a big improvement, I've been running a OEM 3.0 one on 40s for a yr , no issues. But I do plan on upgrading to the 74 weld after finishing my BRaptor suspension upgrades.
Sponsored