indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just keeps getting better... 1st I got the Icon Tie rods for $240 off Icon's Amazon sale and now I find out I have enough Ford Pass points to fully pay for the rack!!! Wonder if I'll still get the core charge credit??
The rack is listed as having "reinforced outer tie rods with increased deflection ball joints". In that case are the aftermarket tie rods worth getting since the rack has those upgraded already?
Sponsored

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rack is listed as having "reinforced outer tie rods with increased deflection ball joints". In that case are the aftermarket tie rods worth getting since the rack has those upgraded already?
The tie rods on the rack are presumably identical to the Ford Performance ones that come stock on the Wildtrak and 2024 Badlands SAS (and Raptor, albeit those are longer to accommodate the long travel suspension). I believe the consensus is that these tie rods are a substantial upgrade over the Hoss 2.0 rods, and there is no real need to upgrade to an aftermarket rod, absent a specific use case (heim joints, unique suspension, etc).

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He has a monopoly and the only legit person doing it. I paid for some other graphics but that was a gable I lost.
Wait you're telling me there is a guy that actually does these??

So... that 3 days I spent creating my own in Illustrator went to waste. :rolleyes:
Is there any difference between this Ford Performance rack and the Hoss 3.0 ( NB3Z-3504-M ) that everyone has been ordering?
We don't know, and won't know until someone gets their hands on one. But they're probably the same.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably good enough. But the Icons are a bit beefier and I had bought them a week ago.

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking along the same lines. I just got the Icon tie rods, but have not installed them. Was thinking of doing stage 1 fro 74weld, but this new option has me wondering...It's the Braptor steering system upgrade we likely all want. BUT...also have to pay for the Pro-Cal ($825, but you can then do the performance tune and whatever else Pro-Cal gets you), and likely pay Ford for the install. It will add up quickly. I wish they were selling this rack upgrade itemized, so you could add or remove the tie rods.
Stage 1 is fairly easy to install. Just take your time. The ProCal is $400 ish. You don’t need to buy the performance upgrade right away.

Also I wouldn’t remove the tie rods - it’s a good deal. Also good to have extra for you or others on the trail.

Sponsored

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know but I am a HAPPY FRENCH CANADIAN AND our dollar is good for selling in the USA NOT FOR BUYING.
TRACKTOY
I work in Parts at a Dealer and quoted the rack. They are giving you a really good price.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stage 1 is fairly easy to install. Just take your time. The ProCal is $400 ish. You don’t need to buy the performance upgrade right away.

Also I wouldn’t remove the tie rods - it’s a good deal. Also good to have extra for you or others on the trail.
What does the Pro Cal do for you without a performance tune?

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work in Parts at a Dealer and quoted the rack. They are giving you a really good price.
hi
I am aware that I have a good price. But, this is my attitude to negotiate prices. I offer the dealer to give me a discount; he has the choice of reducing his price and making a profit, otherwise I will buy elsewhere. It's a new owner and he knows that the previous owner didn't give me a big discount
SO, I negotiated with them without a discount and when I came back to the garage they found that I had purchased approximately $25,000.00 worth of parts elsewhere. They understood that if I asked the price on parts, I was going to buy them.
My CANADIAN money is accepted all over the world and I have a reputation for paying but being tough in business.
I offer choice!
TRACKTOY

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
I am aware that I have a good price. But, this is my attitude to negotiate prices. I offer the dealer to give me a discount; he has the choice of reducing his price and making a profit, otherwise I will buy elsewhere. It's a new owner and he knows that the previous owner didn't give me a big discount
SO, I negotiated with them without a discount and when I came back to the garage they found that I had purchased approximately $25,000.00 worth of parts elsewhere. They understood that if I asked the price on parts, I was going to buy them.
My CANADIAN money is accepted all over the world and I have a reputation for paying but being tough in business.
I offer choice!
TRACKTOY
Good on you! haha. Well, if you want to drive 5 hours east to get a good price, let me know!

Sponsored

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this the same rack that’s in the new Ranger Raptor? (I realize it’s an unrelated question, but there are a lot of experts here)​

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone seen info on the procal programming process for this rack? Still says unavailable on the product page.

Kayphix

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious what a dealer would charge to install this. I already have the pro-cal which helps cut some of the cost out.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious what a dealer would charge to install this. I already have the pro-cal which helps cut some of the cost out.
Having just reinstalled a stock rack myself, whatever the dealer charges is a bargain LOL.

Kayphix

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got two high-level quotes from dealers.
1) $1200 but it was just guessing on their end.
2) Service advisor discussed with technician in details and came to $1419 with the pro-cal snap already being installed on my Bronco.
Sponsored