First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands;2015 Hellcat;2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I went to install the performance tune tonight, I was able to update the ProCal on the computer and download the stock information from my bronco to the ProCal, which was super fast, seconds even. After that step the pro cal had my vin information etc. However, when I got to the calibration step on the computer I got the "no calibration error".

@Gene Dios and I tried a few different things, but at least at this point, it appears even to get the tune to install correctly a call with Ford Performance is required. I'll reach out to them tomorrow.
I already had the tune installed successfully on my Bronco and I am still working with FP on the error for the rack upgrade. Today they asked me to update my ProCal again. I got the usual error with the Steering rack voucher code, and thought I would try using the original voucher code that came with the ProCal for the tune to see if that would pull in an update and I got the same error using that. Selecting no when it asks to connect to FP does not seem to do anything. Based on your comment it sounds like they are working something on the back end but so far only getting worse and not better. Guess I should be thankful I got my tune installed at least.
Sponsored

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I already had the tune installed successfully on my Bronco and I am still working with FP on the error for the rack upgrade. Today they asked me to update my ProCal again. I got the usual error with the Steering rack voucher code, and thought I would try using the original voucher code that came with the ProCal for the tune to see if that would pull in an update and I got the same error using that. Selecting no when it asks to connect to FP does not seem to do anything. Based on your comment it sounds like they are working something on the back end but so far only getting worse and not better. Guess I should be thankful I got my tune installed at least.
They are from the contact I’ve had with them but no resolution yet as far as I’m aware. Hopefully soon!

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Success to report. FP got back to me today with simple steps and the Rack Upgrade is on my ProCal. This is a ProCal with the Performance Tune, the Tune was already installed on the Bronco. I was getting the error trying to use the Rack voucher code and today it came through on the PC with no error and I plugged into the Bronco to confirm it is there under the Programming menu. I did not load the file on my Bronco since @Migo confirmed that will throw codes until I actually install the new rack.

I asked FP if they did something behind the scenes or if the steps they sent will work for anyone. I have not heard back yet, but I did send them several screen shots of my ProCal Modules Page, Settings page etc. as well as the Voucher code. So they may have used that to force an update to me. Today all they had me do was the following:

Open the ProCal software on the PC and plug the ProCal tool in. DO NOT select update. Unplug from PC after about 1 - 2 minutes. Plug the ProCal tool into the PC a second time and login to Ford with your steering rack software voucher. Follow the procedure from there.

I hope this can help others, and if I hear anything back about what they did or did not do behind the scenes to make it work, I will be sure to update this post.

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! tempImagezZv9fV

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a new type of error for me...

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! procal new error popup.PNG
Guess that confirms they did something on there end. What they did works so keep calling and they should be able to set you up with a solution.

Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess that confirms they did something on there end. What they did works so keep calling and they should be able to set you up with a solution.
You didn't plug the new rack into the vehicle harness yet and follow through with any further steps, correct?

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You didn't plug the new rack into the vehicle harness yet and follow through with any further steps, correct?
Correct. I have not loaded the new program on the Bronco. From Migo’s earlier post I don’t anticipate any issue there. But of course won’t know until it is complete.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Correct. I have not loaded the new program on the Bronco. From Migo’s earlier post I don’t anticipate any issue there. But of course won’t know until it is complete.
Okay following your post I met up with @Gene Dios and we tried to see what we could do on my Bronco. We made some progress on mine, but unfortunately still not there.

Let's start with the positives.

1) We got the rack upgrade onto my pro cal.
2) We get the Performance tune onto my pro cal.

We took the pro cal and hooked up to my bronco you can see the rack upgrade and performance tune, ironically, because we got the rack upgrade on the pro cal first - it shows up first - unlike everyone else I've seen so far. We did not test the rack upgrade but we suspect it will work.

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! 1712110753622-ff

Unfortunately, trying to install the performance tune I immediately get the error pictured below (I redacted file numbers just in case).

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! 1712110795622-s3

My thought as to what this means; because the rack install is on the pro cal first there is a chance the tune file is looking for a file value in the ECU matching the rack upgrade not my existing rack. Alternately, FPP is manipulating stock tune files to have the new rack values, my tune got hung up because it references the saved data vs the current data which does not match. I think my only solution from here is to get in touch with FPP again.

Last edited:

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay following your post I met up with @Gene Dios and we tried to see what we could do on my Bronco. We made some progress on mine, but unfortunately still not there.

Let's start with the positives.

1) We got the rack upgrade onto my pro cal.
2) We get the Performance tune onto my pro cal.

We took the pro cal and hooked up to my bronco you can see the rack upgrade and performance tune, ironically, because we got the rack upgrade on the pro cal first - it shows up first - unlike everyone else I've seen so far. We did not test the rack upgrade but we suspect it will work.

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! 1712110795622-s3

Unfortunately, trying to install the performance tune I immediately get the error pictured below (I redacted file numbers just in case).

My thought as to what this means; because the rack install is on the pro cal first there is a chance the tune file is looking for a file value in the ECU matching the rack upgrade not my existing rack. Alternately, FPP is manipulating stock tune files to have the new rack values, my tune got hung up because it references the saved data vs the current data which does not match. I think my only solution from here is to get in touch with FPP again.
Interesting. Hopefully they can sort that out for you. Could be the order matters and you have to load the files in order? My tune was already loaded and that’s why it shows up first? Like you said the tune may be looking for the new rack? Keep us updated.

drtinphx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"FauxSquatch" Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called Ford Performance today to see if they had an answer for why this new upgrade kit will work on certain model Broncos and not others. I was told that the reason it would not work on mine which is a 23 non-SAS Badlands was because the "Steering Angle" was different than the supported models.

But the good news was that there is a second kit forthcoming that will work with a 23 non-SAS Badlands. I did not get any details on what other vehicles this new kit would work for.

Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on mine in case anyone else still runs into issues. I ended up speaking with an engineer that looked through some files and discovered a typo. This is probably a complete edge case so if you are going through all steps correctly and still getting an error like I was I recommend just calling in to FP and talking to the techs.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just finished up installing my new M-3200-WT rack with ProCal4.

NOTE PROCEDURE BETWEEN 5 AND 6... THIS IS PARAMOUNT TO THE SUCCESS OF YOUR DOWNLOAD.

Here is my procedure I decided to go by:

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! screen-shot-2024-04-10-at-1-32-51-pm-

Notes:

these videos are great for the mechanical swap:

PoPo Patty and Mitch Creel.
https://www.google.com/search?clien...ate=ive&vld=cid:9c325b3f,vid:SGwrlaNaOlo,st:0

PoPoPatty Snacktime

BroncoBusters
https://www.google.com/search?q=hos...ate=ive&vld=cid:503ea234,vid:maESEnjmR5c,st:0

74 Weld

This video for the ProCal4 procedures: (even though this is the TUNE it is basically the same for the rack. Just different files.

Any questions hit me back
-Tahotrvlr

NOTEABLE OTHER STUFF:

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! screen-shot-2024-03-26-at-1-33-22-pm-

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! screen-shot-2024-03-26-at-11-10-36-am-

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! screen-shot-2024-03-26-at-2-21-54-pm-

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! screen-shot-2024-03-26-at-2-23-38-pm-

YOU ARE DONE!!!!!! CELEBRATE!!!!

Last edited:

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like @Gene Dios I also got my ProCal issues resolved this week. There seems to be a significant amount of manual intervention from FPP needed, last week they seemed to indicate to us it was resolved but both of us required additional manual intervention from FPP.

That said, if you get the Error 1 issue on the PC save yourself some time and grab a screen shot of 1) that error showing up on the computer showing your procal connected and your voucher codes on the FPP website as well as 2) a picture of the Device info and 3) the module info off the procal connected to the bronco. Have these ready to go in an email with your name, Bronco model year, and engine in the header.

This last part is key, when you call FPP they will ask you to email them this info, when they give you their email, send it to them immediately while you’re still on the phone with them. Confirm they received it, that all the information they need is there, and ask when they might expect to hear back from an engineer.

Call them again the next day and see if there are any updates.

Do this for as many days as it takes.

gomezoscar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Collector status
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🤞 Please keep us posted on the non-squatch badlands part number.

I'll keep :please: for this package to be a recall / warranty item for 21-23 model years, too. That's the change we all need! 🌠

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like its still worth waiting until things are smoothed out a bit more.

That being said, are folks happy with the upgrade?
Sponsored