Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Screenshot_20240308-210206.png

Why does this say it fits all Bronco models, but then says it doesn't fit pretty much all trims???
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Screenshot_20240308-210206.png

Why does this say it fits all Bronco models, but then says it doesn't fit pretty much all trims???
All non-squatch 4drs are "persona non-grata" according to the listing. Nobody knows why. Physically it will bolt in, and we do know that a non-squatch 4dr can be upgraded to Hoss 3.0...its been done. Why the disclaimer? Don't know!

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands;2015 Hellcat;2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update:

While there are not instructions available yet, the Ford Performance engineer told me to do the following once I successfully uploaded the Rack Upgrade file to my ProCal unit:

ā€œYou can tell him that once he replaces the rack, he can go ahead and just plug in the pro cal tool and follow the steps on screen in the programming section

A new window will pop up saying ā€œrack upgradeā€ click that with the vehicle on a battery charger and it will be all good to go!ā€

While I have not done the rack swap yet (if only Ford sold free timeā€¦), I did mess around with my Procal Tool to see if the Rack Programming is even an option.

1. Plug Procal into OBD port
2. Turn accessory power on but do not turn on ignition
3. Select Programming from the main menu
4. Confirm the accessory power only instruction
5. You will now see the following menu:
Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! Screenshot_20240308-210206

6. Select Performance Cal and you will see the following:

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! Screenshot_20240308-210206

This is as far as I was able to get without installing the rack, but programming looks to be as straightforward as the Tune was to install.

Hope this helps!
What number did you call to get an engineer to do the behind the scenes thing for yours to work. I have the voucher code but still get the error when I try to update my ProCal unit. I called the tech line Thursday and they had no information and asked me to send an email. Sent one and have not heard back. Appreciate any insight to get to the next step in the journey. Thanks.

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone published a write up of the install yet? Mine just arrived last Friday and looking to make the swap shortly. My original Badlands Rack 2.0 failed with some very lite off road and not looking to experience that again.

Folks with 37's on a factory rack beware.

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Subaru Outback, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just ordered mine and dealer will install on 3/26. I do not have all of the necessary tools or the talents of @BigMeatsBronco or @Bmadda to accomplish this myself. looking forward to having this done despite my lack of the above.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All non-squatch 4drs are "persona non-grata" according to the listing. Nobody knows why. Physically it will bolt in, and we do know that a non-squatch 4dr can be upgraded to Hoss 3.0...its been done. Why the disclaimer? Don't know!
ABS software is different I thinks...also some more doors have a different steering rack ratio in 2.0 version, so the computer sees wrong values (turn angle) and "may not" work ideally in 100% of computerized scenarios. maybe.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ABS software is different I thinks...also some more doors have a different steering rack ratio in 2.0 version, so the computer sees wrong values (turn angle) and "may not" work ideally in 100% of computerized scenarios. maybe.
That may be, but @Snacktime did it on a non squatch 4dr, and AFAIK he had no issues. YMMV, but I don't think it's a real issue? I do know that there is some checksum value in the ABS that it checks when flashing it, because the guy in Canada that I helped out said it wouldn't flash w/ABS unplugged. Didn't ask him what trim/doors he was working on at the time, didn't think it would matter (and it didn't cause he got it done)

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone published a write up of the install yet? Mine just arrived last Friday and looking to make the swap shortly. My original Badlands Rack 2.0 failed with some very lite off road and not looking to experience that again.

I read a thread. Seems like removing the lower or was it passenger side diff mount, then loosening the passenger side lower control arm bolt/ nut. Then it is just playing Tetris getting it out.

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands;2015 Hellcat;2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been trading emails with Ford Performance today and it seems that if you just get the regular Pro-Cal with no Tune then the software should load. If you are like me and got the Pro-Cal with the performance Tune, then they still don't have instructions yet to get it to work. I am still getting the error when I use the Voucher code that came with the rack and try to update my Pro-Cal. They have not given me an update on timing yet. Hoping they get this soon as I assume many like me opted for the Pro-Cal with the tune since I had to buy one for the rack to work.

Anyone else other than @Migo get there's to work with the 2.7L and the Pro-Cal with the Performance Tune: M-9603-B27?

Sponsored

solidstate

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jfuller44

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Honda acty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im so bummed that this wont work with a non-squatch BD. I will keep holding out hope for an update from someone that makes it work ! ( with all the ABS and goat modes intact )

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the 74W rack, which was already programmed. If you're looking at the physical (non-programming) end of the install, should be the same. I'd note I think the Ford steering racks are a little bigger/fatter than the 74W rack, and may need some more coaxing into the spot. Definitely start early on a weekend and be aware you'll need an alignment; mine was way off.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ling-the-hoss-3-0-74weld-steering-rack.83708/

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE:

I
Update:

While there are not instructions available yet, the Ford Performance engineer told me to do the following once I successfully uploaded the Rack Upgrade file to my ProCal unit:

ā€œYou can tell him that once he replaces the rack, he can go ahead and just plug in the pro cal tool and follow the steps on screen in the programming section

A new window will pop up saying ā€œrack upgradeā€ click that with the vehicle on a battery charger and it will be all good to go!ā€

While I have not done the rack swap yet (if only Ford sold free timeā€¦), I did mess around with my Procal Tool to see if the Rack Programming is even an option.

1. Plug Procal into OBD port
2. Turn accessory power on but do not turn on ignition
3. Select Programming from the main menu
4. Confirm the accessory power only instruction
5. You will now see the following menu:
Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! IMG_4301

6. Select Performance Cal and you will see the following:

Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! IMG_4301

This is as far as I was able to get without installing the rack, but programming looks to be as straightforward as the Tune was to install.

Hope this helps!
UPDATE:

I finally had time to install the rack. I first ran the Rack Upgrade option on the ProCal with my 2.0 rack plugged in. The upgrade went through with no errors, but once I restarted the car, I had tons of error codes, including a power steering fault.

Then I plugged my Severe Duty rack in (without removing the 2.0 rack) and started the Bronco. The error codes then went away, but I had a check engine light on.

At this point I bit the bullet and installed the Severe Duty rack. It is straightforward and follows any of the many install videos on YouTube.

HOWEVER, I did install the BB 3.0 Housing (no issues) and the Rough Country driverā€™s side bushing. The bushing DOES NOT FIT the Severe Duty/Hoss 3.0 rack. They do not sell separate bushings for 2.0 and 3.0 racks or make it clear their bushings only work with 2.0 racks. Thankfully, I was able to machine their bushing and remove some of the material to make it fit.

Once I had the Severe Duty Rack installed, I ran the Rack Upgrade option once again. This time it worked without any errors or engine light.

Good luck!

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE:

I

UPDATE:

I finally had time to install the rack. I first ran the Rack Upgrade option on the ProCal with my 2.0 rack plugged in. The upgrade went through with no errors, but once I restarted the car, I had tons of error codes, including a power steering fault.

Then I plugged my Severe Duty rack in (without removing the 2.0 rack) and started the Bronco. The error codes then went away, but I had a check engine light on.

At this point I bit the bullet and installed the Severe Duty rack. It is straightforward and follows any of the many install videos on YouTube.

HOWEVER, I did install the BB 3.0 Housing (no issues) and the Rough Country driverā€™s side bushing. The bushing DOES NOT FIT the Severe Duty/Hoss 3.0 rack. They do not sell separate bushings for 2.0 and 3.0 racks or make it clear their bushings only work with 2.0 racks. Thankfully, I was able to machine their bushing and remove some of the material to make it fit.

Once I had the Severe Duty Rack installed, I ran the Rack Upgrade option once again. This time it worked without any errors or engine light.

Good luck!
Thanks migo, very helpful. Can you expand on the procal loading portion?

You first plug Procal into the vehicle and load a calibration on. You should then be able to go to device info and see a Rack entry with what I think is the .bin calibration file.

When you go back to the computer to interface with the pc and enter the voucher code, what happens?
Sponsored