solidstate

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I bought the new steering rack upgrade that Ford Performance was selling on their website recently, and opted to just have the dealer install it with my procal since it seemed straight forward enough.

Well my Bronco has been sitting for well over a week now because the damn procal won’t load the files for programming. Despite following the instructions the mechanics are getting a “Calibration not found” error and Ford Performance doesn’t even seem to know what the problem is. My bronco meets the requirements, 2023 badlands with Sasquatch, and keep in mind I also have the tune installed which I imagine is the same situation for a lot of people who have a Procal 4. Seems like they put out a half baked solution. Kind of regret buying this rack now even though I’m planning to move up to 37s at some point soon. I’m pissed because if they can’t figure it out it’s going to end up with me having to just put the old rack back in and paying for all this labor with nothing to show for it.

has anyone been able to successfully install this thing?
Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not heard of anyone with a Procal and tune already installed having success, I think they all get the same error you're seeing, so far... “Calibration not found”...

I wouldn't think they could charge you for the labor if they can't successfully install the thing, unless you had to agree to that before they would even try?

OP
OP
solidstate

solidstate

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I’m pessimistic that I can just walk away without paying anything given all the time they’ve spent on it. Install was quoted at like $1260 that doesn’t even include replacing the old rack if they can’t figure it out. Good to know others are also in the same situation though.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How is it possible for 74 Weld and BroncBuster to sell pre-programmed racks?

OP
OP
solidstate

solidstate

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t know, maybe they’re glitchy on some broncos

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are programmed using Forscan and FDRS. Once you have a Bronc programmed you can just plug another rack in to program that one.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I’m pessimistic that I can just walk away without paying anything given all the time they’ve spent on it. Install was quoted at like $1260 that doesn’t even include replacing the old rack if they can’t figure it out. Good to know others are also in the same situation though.
I think I need to quit my job and become a parts installer! That's insane...

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is just scary…I bought the procal, the rack is on the way, and 74weld kit ordered because Ford said it worked…now it looks like a total waste of money….need a new plan to get it all installed and working when everything gets here….

OP
OP
solidstate

solidstate

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever you do make sure you can connect and program the rack before installing it in is my advice

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rack itself has it's own, encapsulated programming. That's the part you can program separately (and use a WT VIN). Loading the programming is what FDRS is doing, but the vehicle doesn't seem know what's loaded on the rack. I guess the ProCal is trying to do the programming but doesn't seem to have access to it in it's network (yet). When I installed my stage 3, we just plugged it in. It was programmed by 74Weld.
Sponsored