First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it might be the spring clips that are actually rattling. If you added extra foam, those pins would be VERY tight, almost hard to get pinned in.

we have seen people use Velcro straps linking the spring clips together on the wall.
To be clear, I tried to add foam but couldn't get it to fit or stay. I've already tried multiple bungee cord tie down efforts to stop things from rattling. No dice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diabolical Inc

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be clear, I tried to add foam but couldn't get it to fit or stay. I've already tried multiple bungee cord tie down efforts to stop things from rattling. No dice.
Watch this video!

itā€™s on a Jeep but the concept is the same.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone been able to confirm if the Slipstream Enclosure works with the BesTop TrekTop?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Diabolical Inc Have you had any customers buy the slipstream enclosure and confirm it works with the BesTop TrekTop?

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

add some extra foam on the frames where the pins go in.

we are looking at some adhesive strips for the tailskin

We have talked about a better latch system (replacing that crappy plastic one) with something billet.
I may be able to help with the latch if you're interested.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Love this solution but too $$$. If this price were a little more acceptable Iā€™d already have this one order. But Iā€™m able to get the Tuffy Deluxe enclosure for ~$500 with a 10% discount. While the Diabolical appears to be a superior design, itā€™s coming in at $1200 + $95 Shipping so looks like Iā€™ll be pulling the trigger on the Tuffy.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love this solution but too $$$. If this price were a little more acceptable Iā€™d already have this one order. But Iā€™m able to get the Tuffy Deluxe enclosure for ~$500 with a 10% discount. While the Diabolical appears to be a superior design, itā€™s coming in at $1200 + $95 Shipping so looks like Iā€™ll be pulling the trigger on the Tuffy.
Says the guy that just bought a Raptor.......just kidding. It is a bit much for an enclosure, I thinking about just building my own out of plywood!

Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Says the guy that just bought a Raptor.......just kidding. It is a bit much for an enclosure, I thinking about just building my own out of plywood!
Eggs-actlyā€¦after that purchase I need to be a little more mindful of my budget :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

Tuffy is $580 list, Diabolical is $1200 so over 100% more. Would be ā€˜acceptableā€™ around $750ā€¦

OP
OP
Diabolical Inc

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Eggs-actlyā€¦after that purchase I need to be a little more mindful of my budget :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

Tuffy is $580 list, Diabolical is $1200 so over 100% more. Would be ā€˜acceptableā€™ around $750ā€¦
Because they arenā€™t even close to the same product.

your comparing apples and tomatoes.

The ford/Tuffy models do not have the features, the modularity, the full use, the folding removable top and wall.

Its made in China out of steel (which means it will rust)

Diabolical is made in the USA out of aluminum (steel frame) and has very little profit margin.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He does put them on sale throughout the year. But I get it...

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Because they arenā€™t even close to the same product.

your comparing apples and tomatoes.

The ford/Tuffy models do not have the features, the modularity, the full use, the folding removable top and wall.

Its made in China out of steel (which means it will rust)

Diabolical is made in the USA out of aluminum (steel frame) and has very little profit margin.
Thanks for the perspective, as mentioned before I do appreciate the additional functionality and design of the Diabolical productā€¦.itā€™s just a challenge to spend that amount on the product.

Having said that, I just completed installing the Ford/Tuffy ā€˜Deluxeā€™ Enclosure and am about mentally broken after trying to get a few of those parts attached and tightened thoroughly. Itā€™s definitely a solid structure, but boy what a PITA to get installed.

Some additional feedback for others looking at the Ford/Tuffy:
  • Definitely not designed with the Raptor in mind as the lid canā€™t go to full opened extension due to the rear cross-brace. Iā€™ll probably end up attaching some sort of padding on the lid to make sure it doesnā€™t scratch up the brace. Iā€™m not sure how well the Diabolical version interacts with the cross-brace, but the Tuffy version is highly limited in terms of lifting the lid.
  • Donā€™t even think about temporarily removing the lid/back section if you need to carry larger items. No pass-thru and dealing with that section behind the back seat is not a relatively straightforward task. Iā€™ll see how often I need to accomplish this in the coming months as to how much it matters.
  • Items in the cargo area will be protected as someone will need to be highly motivated to get back there.
  • Will see how this stands up over the next couple of months, but Iā€™ll also be keeping an eye out for Sales/Discounts for the Diabolical product.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just looked as I wanted one for the new bronco but 1399 is a lot more than it was before. Guess I can wait for a sale to happen.
Sponsored