First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know why we have to have all these trim levels in the first place. Why can't we just build our Bronco the way we want it?

I get some things need to be packaged together, like the safety or entertainment/convenience packages, but why must wheel/tire size, gear ratio, front axle choice, rubber/carpet floor, color, etc. be tied to a package?

Why can't I start with a base, chose motor and transmission, wheels, tires, gears, lockers, axles, floor, color, body armor, color, etc.?

Why must we always have to buy stuff we don't want or need just to get the one thing we do want?
This is the porsche model - Base Price $91,000 Price with Options $178,765
Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If this is true it just cements my velocity blue choice and have a white top and grill
I think that will be the color of choice for many of us!

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I test drove a ranger with FX4 and it drove well like an older truck. It was fairly bouncy and jarring, not refined. I owned a current generation Tacoma Off-Road and it rode much smoother and more refined. Ford entirely changed the suspension setup on the Bronco from the Ranger: there are no leaf springs, different coil overs attached to A-arms, etc. I’m hoping and thinking it’ll be better. The transmission was also clumsy and that was the deal breaker for me on Ranger, no manual transmission. However this isn’t encouraging, especially given a longer truck typically rides better and the Bronco is shorter. I have also been in later model F150’s and they rode great and were well mannered. This is making me definitely want to drive one first, especially to experience the 2.3 with the manual - my understanding is the engine isn’t great at high revs/high loads in the Ranger and this seems to be confirmed here.

Last edited:

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Living in Florida a white top is a must, but Ford isn't always smart enough to figure things like that out. When I used to live in Massachusetts and had a Focus St I couldn't find one on any dealer lots with all seasons, all had summer only tires. Though down in Florida almost all of the Focus St's had all season tires, and not many summer only tires

OP
OP
Badgerbrown

Badgerbrown

Black Diamond
First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 and a 1979 VW Beetle Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe he edited his first post but it looks like yes..

He said if you want to experience the Bronco, test drive a Ranger Crew Cab.
  • There will be (5) different wheel options.
  • He is buying the Black Diamond for the value and the interior (he likes the wash options).
  • There will be white and grey options for the grill and the tops.
  • There will be 3 interior versions for the First Edition Bronco.
    • It sounds like, from ( ), that there will be three versions of interior colors on ALL trims.
  • The 2.7 is great; so is the 2.3 at lower power.
  • There will be a load of factory options!
  • Ford is listening to their customer base more than ever...
Yes, he said there will be three interior versions for all trims.

Sponsored

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Expedition, 07 Harley Heritage, 07 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not much longer until the configuration tool is up and running (Planned For August). Hopefully, we'll be able to play around with contrasting color tops/grills and all interior options from the get go. In my experience, Ford has been pretty good with filling the configure tool with a lot of basic accessory options as well.

Also, through what's been trickled down the grapevine, Ford is very serious with being able to offer customers (Within reason) accessories and off road oriented options sooner rather than later.

Just like every other broken record, voice your wants and needs to Ford whether it be calls/emails/social media etc. This is a huge project for everyone at Ford, and they are focusing on customer feedback more than I've ever seen!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And that makes sense to an extent. I will admit to not having experience on the manufacturing side of things. I just don't understand why I have to be 3 trims up to not have carpet. Wouldn't you put one or the other in at the same time in production? Same thing with axles with or without lockers. You have a pile of both and you just get the one the build plan says to get. You know you're going to need both, so you stock both.

It's just frustrating buying a car these days because there's usually only a few must haves but to get them requires of lot of don't wants. Good for profit I guess.

Possibly my memory fails me, but it seems ordering the exact vehicle you wanted was easier 30 years ago, but maybe I was easier to please.
Right, you're correct that on the factory floor, it's a matter of putting one or the other on the vehicle itself. That's not what I'm referring to - I'm meaning more on the parts ordering/purchasing side. By bundling things together in what they anticipate to be popular options/trims, they better guesstimate that 60% of buyers want Axle A, and 40% want B, so instead of building 50/50 and being short 10% of axle A, they forecast what they'll need better.

So let's look at the reservations they're tracking here thus far and pretend those are Ford's projected breakdowns per model/trim. Let's take an easy example such as the painted hardtop, which only comes on the Wildtrak and First Edition trims (we're going to ignore that it's likely an option on other trims and pretend it only comes on those for this). Those two make up 35.1% (we'll use 35%) of sales. So if Ford is ordering 100 hardtops, they'll order 65 of the molded in color tops, and 35 of the painted ones. They wouldn't order 50/50, because then they'd be short 15 molded color tops. And they'd have 15 extra painted ones laying around, which is wasted money. Obviously that's vastly oversimplifying things, but you get the idea.

Ford Bronco Bronco test driver engineer gives some feedback (white and gray grille and tops coming) 1595654268745

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Trailblazer / 88.5 Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Diggin the Cactus Gray white top, white grill with the light gray marine interior that I have seen pics on. Area 51 looks to be cool as well.

marcrowd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I basically want a bronco spec'd out like the 4-door that we see in the ads: 2.7, Cactus grey, white top, white door handles, white grill, black fenders, lux package, sasquatch, grey seats (marine vinyl?). Absolutely gorgeous. According to the going news, what's the lowest trim I could get all these things on?

Sponsored

BuckeyeBrown

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the cactus grey/white one we’ve all seen but I’m thinking about bugs getting splattered on that white grill and dirty hands opening white door handles.

Not that it wouldn’t show bugs splattered/dirt too, but I would much prefer a silver metallic grill and door handles over white while keeping the white top. Kind of hoping that’s being considered as an option too.

section204

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love the cactus grey/white one we’ve all seen but I’m thinking about bugs getting splattered on that white grill and dirty hands opening white door handles.

Not that it wouldn’t show bugs splattered/dirt too, but I would much prefer a silver metallic grill and door handles over white while keeping the white top. Kind of hoping that’s being considered as an option too.
This is an excellent point about the white grill.

Is it just me that the white top subconsciously is an FJ Cruiser?

I still haven't seen anyone mention anything about leather seating being exposed to the sun with the doors and tops off. Then again maybe there will be another goofy accessory "Seat Covering" towel with embroidered Bronco logo on it. Just one more thing to do before leave the parking lot.
Sponsored