Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the G6 didn't resemble the Broncos of the past, I wouldn't consider buying one. I hate what Chevy did with the Blazer. No way would I accept Ford doing that with the Bronco.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always wanted one of the gen 1 broncos but never had one. My understanding is that they were pretty spartan and unforgiving in terms of ride quality. That said I came of age in the late muscle car era and the performance of the gen 1 in the Baja 1000 was not lost on me, and I always thought it looked better than the jeep. I eventually owned a '90. If ford had not melded modern high tech features with the gen 1 bronco architecture for this new 2021, I would not have placed a reservation. Especially if they had used styling cues from the gen 2+ era vehicles, including the bronco II. So heritage was not the deciding factor for me but the nostalgia and provenance of the bronco helped. It is sad what GM did with the blazer. Reminds me of what ford did with the thunderbird back when it should have been a alternate to the corvette instead of the bloated whale it became before it became extinct. If you won't or can not honor a nameplate, do not produce that car. Thankfully for the new bronco ford hit a grand slam!

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not about heritage for me. Sure I like the first gen Broncos but hell I've never even owned a Ford before. I only own my Jeep since it was the only off the lot off road capable vehicle worth a damn, and the top and doors come off. Was more about the activity than the vehicle I'm in. Now we got 2 options!

Brand loyalty can get dangerous so I just like what I like and don't harp on heritage. I respect it but don't idolize it.

Dracheo

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a complete nostalgia buy, for me. I wouldn't say I wouldn't be interested, if this was a completely new vehicle, but I certainly wouldn't be willing to spend as much. And I'd be much more willing to wait for a few years for a used one.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Partial to Ford, my dad owned 65 and 71 mustangs, lincolns, thunderbirds, I owned a galaxy, thunderbird. Friend had a gen1 yellow bronco.

I think vehicles are necessary evils, pretty much have to have one, cost way too much and the prices keep going up, but that's the America we live in. The most I've ever paid for a brand new vehicle was $14k, 2011 Mitsu Lancer, 237k miles and still going.

Coincidentally I had plans to sell my house prior to the Bronco announcement, market favoring sellers. This will allow me to purchase a brand new Bronco. It's an awesome vehicle, will help me check boxes off my bucket-list. I plan on making it the last vehicle I purchase/own (unless I trade for a newer Bronco down the road). Gift to myself. Just have to decide on AMB or A51, dammit all.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
And it is a darn good one too! :cool: ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Brand loyalty can get dangerous so I just like what I like and don't harp on heritage. I respect it but don't idolize it.
Wise words! (y)

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you won't or can not honor a nameplate, do not produce that car. Thankfully for the new bronco ford hit a grand slam!
True that! (y)
Listen up Toyota Supra.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the likelihood of purchasing for most people would probably be lower if it had been modeled after any other generation.

There were so many ways Ford could have F-d it up and, in my opinion, they've been knocking it out of the park.
Agreed!
I suspect Ford itself is surprised by what they have managed to develop.
Sometimes catching lightning in a bottle is more good fortune than anything else.
Now they have to keep from F-ing it up though! ;)

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the Bronco is bold and beautiful and bodacious and by all accounts it has legitimate off road ability.

All that is enough to make it desirable but I wonder how many of us are consciously or unconsciously affected in our decision by the history, heritage and lovely looks of the original generation Bronco.

In other words if the new Bronco was just that, new, and it’s design was original and there was no heritage or history or the first generation to link it to, would you still find its current goodness attractive enough to be as enthusiastic as you find yourself now?

For me that connection with the past is meaningful.
For me, not at all. I'm attracted to the Bronco because of its powertrain (MT+turbo), offroading capabilities, and the fact that it looks like the boxy SUVs of yore, by which I specifically mean it looks like an old Land Rover. I really don't see much connection to the original Bronco and I'm fine with that.

Honestly, the 60s styling and white top of the original does not appeal to me at all.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If a bronco wasn't my first car, I would not be interested in a new one.

Sponsored

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I expect Ford to offer a "Heritage" package based on what we heard from one of our inside guys a couple months ago. Curious to see if it is available to see with B&P or later. Somebody else at Ford said white top at "launch". Whenever that is... December?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In other words if the new Bronco was just that, new, and it’s design was original and there was no heritage or history or the first generation to link it to, would you still find its current goodness attractive enough to be as enthusiastic as you find yourself now?
Yes. No matter how you slice it, the new Bronco looks good. Late 60s Ford styling was on point. Any new Ford vehicle that takes influence from that era would be attractive in my book.

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Ford Bronco , Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heritage is by the biggest factor for me, growing up my father had a '90s Bronco and I remember riding up front so I could see the road move through the rusted out floor. When I started thinking of what I wanted my first car to be I thought Bronco, so I got a job at a pizza place to save up for one and after 2 years I bought a '73 in rough shape for $7k , took 3 years of working on it with my dad before it could be driven (he had the experience from fixing my grandpas '68 to be his first car) The Bronco has always had some effect in my life and I am beyond happy to see its return.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love the heritage of the Bronco and the fact Ford keep pretty true to the original, but it it is maybe only 30% of the reason I'll buy a Bronco.

The other 70% is because it's not a Jeep, I want the better IFS ride quality, more room and better quality than FCA ever will be.

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am 100 percent affected by heritage. I would not be getting one if it weren’t for the experience I had with my classic bronco along with the the cult following it has.
However, I would not be getting one if they came out with something like Chevy’s new blazer. Also, I’m not very interested in the bronco sport either.
Chevy Blazer...
YUK,YUK,YUK
Sponsored