John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Word is getting around that the Bronco is not a reliable vehicle and has many technical flaws as well as QC issues. Expect prices to drop significantly as the recession and word of the Bronco's problems spread.
Literally describing a Jeep 😆
Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Continued rising prices are going to keep residuals high.

I have a brand new 2022 somewhere; it's already worth $3k more just from the Midyear price increase, the 2nd midyear price increase, and the MY23 price increase.

I am 100% convinced the Ford will have another 2023 mid-year price increase as well.
As the prices go up so does the value of your trade-in.

Regarding a recession, it's more like "the house" is rewritting the rules and like in vegas the house never loses! Interest rate hikes to curb inflation seems more like another nail in the coffin than a good thing. If you don't have cash in the bank and need to borrow you're getting screwed and knowing the bank is just making exponentially more doesn't seem right.

Make money, save, and keep some stashed away so you can buy stuff without relying on a loan!

I don't plan on selling this bronco. So long as it's not a lemon, I'm keeping it forever!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Word is getting around that the Bronco is not a reliable vehicle and has many technical flaws as well as QC issues. Expect prices to drop significantly as the recession and word of the Bronco's problems spread.
Pretty much everyone here is aware of the quality issues of the Bronco, you can read the issue section and feel the anger on the owners when something goes wrong yet the demand (and limited supply) for the Bronco hasn't slowed down.
Hell, I still have my order with the 2.7L knowing some of them go "boom".
If necessary, I plan on milking the warranty until I become best buddies with the service manager.

If quality issues, continually rising prices, high gas prices, years of waiting, exploding engines, failing fuel pumps, tie rods that break by breathing on them too hard, etc. haven't deterred people from wanting and buying a Bronco, a recession won't either.
Broncos MSRP from around $33k to $75k (many paying ADM), so let's say buyers are paying on average $50k, for what's basically a toy, we can assume many of said buyers are "recession proof".

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Literally describing a Jeep 😆
Is your latest experience with a Jeep, your 22 years old Cherokee?
My 2012 Wrangler has never failed a start, and I trust it more than the Bronco with the 2.7L that I have on order. Last year I drove it to Nashville one night and drove it back the following day towing a boat I purchased and never skipped a beat.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Is your latest experience with a Jeep, your 22 years old Cherokee?
My 2012 Wrangler has never failed a start, and I trust it more than the Bronco with the 2.7L that I have on order. Last year I drove it to Nashville one night and drove it back the following day towing a boat I purchased and never skipped a beat.
Just read the jeep forums sparky. No problem with the legendary 4.0 Fiat boy

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was an unprecedented couple of years, but don't let that distract you from the reality that vehicles are and have always been a depreciable asset, and are a terrible investment. One buys cars in order to drive and enjoy; value doesn't often mature... it goes the other way.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bubble is about to pop. I predict by the Summer prices will be back down to normal.

If you're thinking of selling for a profit it's your last call right now. You will be able to buy another Bronco in the near future once Ford opens up order Banks to everyone. Once they open up those order banks that's when the the house of cards will fall and the Bubble will burst.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also things to consider is all these "first year" Broncos. Ford definitely doesn't have their act together, and I wouldn't be surprised at the first couple years of Broncos go down as the worse Bronco Years with all the QA issues.

I haven't even got my Bronco delivered yet and the Value has already gone down because it's a 2022 model (that will probably get delivered in 2023) and it's a WT pre-hoss.
Well, look on the bright side...It will be a really low mile 22 in 23!😎

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Longer term, 2-doors and Stick Shifts will hold value much better than a 4-door OBX. Just like with Jeep and Mustang buyers, the folks who want a stick simply won't settle for an automatic, so after a few years, the MT vehicles demand more on the used market.
You piqued my interest, so I checked the Kelly Blue Book on a few Mustangs, (2016,2010,2008(?)), and 2 door Jeep Rubicon's (2011, 2008) none of the manuals booked higher than the autos (all other things being equal). I've pretty much always owned a manual because I can pick them up cheaper.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they will hold above normal for the hard to get broncos until the refresh is announced.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know, Jeeps have been out a few years now, what are their resale values like? I don't see supply catching demand for at least 2 more years. Markups might drop, but I don't think they go away entirely unless its on low-optioned models.

Well my Gladiator is worth $37k in trade. It's a 2021 that stickered for almost $50k. I've ran it through a few of the car buying sites and one came back at $28k. Some Jeep dealers actually have inventory now and are starting to discount some models up to $5k.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
/reads previous posts, sees poster is obviously a troll and clicks ignore.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've always lived the looks of the Jeeps, but not the overall driving experience especially
as a daily driver.

Will they even do it ? I bet they're in a wait, and see mode right now. The Jeep has gotten long in the tooth with its platform, it's been due for a revamp for a while.

The Bronco is gonna run circles around the Jeep interiors, and overall ride quality for a while I think.

The little exterior details that make the Bronco such a winner as well are places Jeep could make some easier changes.
Jeep is already making changes to answer to the Bronco. They will be offering a wash out floor soon. There were schematics of a potential modular top with onboard storage for the Gladiator. The Xtreme Recon package was an answer to the Sasquatch.

Right now, IMO, the the three things that really separate the Jeep and the Bronco are the second row removable panels, MGV and IFS. I can see Jeep offering a second row removable panel on the 4 door Wrangler in the next few years. Maybe a MGV option. IFS I don't know if that will ever happen. Jeep purists would head to Toledo with pitchforks and torches demanding heads.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

/reads previous posts, sees poster is obviously a troll and clicks ignore.
Yeah, read some of his posts. He’s gonna drop 110k on a raptor yet bitches about build quality in every post. Dudes a troll or mentally challenged.
Sponsored