Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I dont think we actually have any side by side except for my profile pic when I first got it. But we took hers to Windrock a few months ago, and then mine in the driveway.
20230829_161808.jpg
FB_IMG_1704501809296.jpg
I like the head and grill lights you got on the defender, which brand did you go with?
Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like the head and grill lights you got on the defender, which brand did you go with?
https://lucky8llc.com/collections/defender-2-body-exterior/products/defender-grill-led-kit

https://lucky8llc.com/collections/defender-2-body-exterior/products/defender-grill-led-kit

Those are probably our two favorite ones. Lucky8 also has plenty of installation videos on YouTube. We also have their back bumper led light which adds a lot to it also, doubles as another blinker.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, it’s obligatory that someone posts this here…

IMG_0065.gif
I don't mind the gif as much since those clickbait yahoos aren't making any money off of it. Who would have thought a tire that specifies 60psi would have a problem at 20? But hey, makes for good video if you don't realize how fabricated the whole thing was.

Like many Bronco owners, I changed the factory tires on my Defender and am much happier. Falken Wildpeaks are great and I'd probably put them on any other off-road vehicle I get. I actually like them better than KO2's.

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I also have a Defender V8 and a Braptor. They are simply different trucks. The Defender being far more luxurious (and my daily driver) while the Braptor is more like a giant toy. If I had to limit myself to one, it would be the Defender for practical purposes (better cameras, better infotainment, better ride, better drive, quieter, etc, etc.)

Given my Bronco FE was bought back from the dealer, and my Raptor R has 4 recalls on it already, I think the myth of LandRover reliability is simply a thing of the past. Have had 4 of them and all have been more reliable than my Fords, unfortunately.

The other benefit of the Defender is towing capability.

Mine is on 22’s (as with the Braptor I didn’t want to go wild) with 33” tires. I love it.

IMG_8257.jpeg

IMG_8255.jpeg

OP
OP
Hunger&SharkTooth

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think we covered this once before. I looked at the Defender before I ordered my 21 Bronco. I liked it but I felt it was more comparable to my Expedition than a Bronco. Now that my Expy is dead I briefly revived the idea but the kind of money they are asking for them is not what I want to drop on them. But I would feel more comfortable/better/justified in dropping $80g on a mid range Defender than a mid range Expedition. Yikes.

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Defender exp1.JPG
Ford Bronco Bronco vs Defender defend1.JPG
Ford Bronco Bronco vs Defender defend2.JPG

OP
OP
Hunger&SharkTooth

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think we covered this once before. I looked at the Defender before I ordered my 21 Bronco. I liked it but I felt it was more comparable to my Expedition than a Bronco. Now that my Expy is dead I briefly revived the idea but the kind of money they are asking for them is not what I want to drop on them. But I would feel more comfortable/better/justified in dropping $80g on a mid range Defender than a mid range Expedition. Yikes.

Explorer is not ever something that I have owned or had in my radar. Don’t think I could compare a defender with an Explorer unless your thinking about the 130 base

Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i would have bought a defender 90 with the v8 if money or reliability didn't matter to me.

OP
OP
Hunger&SharkTooth

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
Hunger&SharkTooth

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i would have bought a defender 90 with the v8 if money or reliability didn't matter to me.
Think they worked out a lot of the reliability issues in this version of it.

Anyways love my bronco, but the defender is a defender quality and class of car.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve done a Frontrunner roof rack and lightbar. in the summer we run a roofnest.

have the metal oem cargo barrier for the pups.

just put 33’s on it.

Will do running boards or rocksliders at some point.

now that we have the Bronco, I don’t plan to go crazy with the defender.

Definitely places to drop some cash.
Parts are a lot pricier than for the Bronco of course.

check out
https://lucky8llc.com/

https://www.sarekautowerke.com/new-defender-outfitting

https://www.powerfuluk.com/

https://newdefendermods.com/
Powerful kid's videos a very useful. We have an older '11 RRS so I've watched a good number of them. Remarkably easy to work on especially if you're not under it. That's where they get expensive and complicated.
Sponsored