Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dat lag.
?
Assuming it’s not an artifact between the screen and recording device, I hope it gets optimized by delivery time.
Yeah the lag is the only thing that concerns me... I expect the screens to feel laggy after years of being updated without new hardware, but brand new from the factory it should feel smooth. I hope production Broncos are optimized as well. I wouldn’t even care if it were a simpler animation if it helps reduce lag.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the lag is the only thing that concerns me... I expect the screens to feel laggy after years of being updated without new hardware, but brand new from the factory it should feel smooth. I hope production Broncos are optimized as well. I wouldn’t even care if it were a simpler animation if it helps reduce lag.
It’s definitely a processing problem. If you slowly scroll the video you can see where frames are dropped as the modes change, and then the animations smooth out eventually.
(I had a leak of the original videos from the animation house and they are obviously not choppy in the same way.)
I get that cost savings is important for such a largely produced vehicle, but man... this is an easy place to not screw up the user experience and make it feel more modern and premium.

edit::

Come to think of it, it could just as easily be a code thing... say, if the animations aren’t allowed to complete, and instead the code is just “display the completed animation as soon as X happens”... and X is happening faster than the animations...

Without being there in person and playing with the knob...

Just So I’m not disappointed all day, I’m going to assume that’s the issue and it will be an easy fix.

second edit:::

New, best theory: It’s a very high refresh screen, and it’s super smooth and amazing in person, but it was recorded at a low frame rate on this device, compressed, and uploaded to YouTube, and that’s why it looks the way it does.

CARRY ON EVERYTHING IS FINE ILL CALM DOWN NOW

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah. I think you folks are more in tune to video quality than I. Performance seems ok to me.

Last edited:

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is a video I took scrolling through the drive modes screen on the Outer Banks 4Dr Bronco

Follow us : @Ourbroncolife on Instagram for more pictures and videos.
Thanks!

Lag doesn’t seem that bad. Love the graphics for each mode too.

I will live with a little lag to have a fully wireless experience (OTA updates and Apple CarPlay).

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks GREAT! Thank you for posting this here. We greatly appreciate it!!!!!!

Ford Bronco Bronco's digital display Drive Mode screens - video 85F6CE28-965A-4C8F-AF1A-78EBA867E1FF

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it is indeed slow, if the vehicle is not running could it reduce power and slow down the transition running off of battery? Someone run out to their car and transition between drive modes on accessory power.

I don't think it is though, I believe the recorder is just counting to three in between each transition. Its not a new Xbox series X. lol

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks!

Lag doesn’t seem that bad. Love the graphics for each mode too.

I will live with a little lag to have a fully wireless experience (OTA updates and Apple CarPlay).
Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive though.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm disappointed that they didn't use Mut/Rut as a mode. That would have been an Easter Egg that only a few would have picked up on.