Sponsored

Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Absolutely correct.

There is a certain percentage of early Bronco owners who wanted one just to say they had one first. Since that’s over with they didn’t actually want a rough and tumble off road machine. So those are back on the market.

Then you have those who didn’t want to wait for their dream reservation so they got the soft top low options until their “real” Bronco showed up. Now those soft top versions are on the market.

And now you have the rising interest rates.

Some people are going to win, some will lose.
The abandoned orders at my Dealer are almost all high trim tricked out orders. Apparently some folks got caught up in the "oh lets add this and that, and oh squirrel..." without really contemplating the reality that they took a $35,000 vehicle and added $25k of options making their monthly payment well above what they were expecting.

Everyone who ordered a 2-door base model completed the transaction, and more than half of those the customer paid cash.
Sponsored

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One of the dealers close to me has a used Wildtrak with a 10 thou markup from msrp , Just had an abandoned order 22 Wildtrak 4 door hardtop race red for msrp available .Test drove it but it’s not what I’m holding out for , prefer a manual , This dealer and many around lower mainland bc have lots of cash into used ones on their lots and asking above to break even but they’ve been sitting for many months .Making calls and getting calls quite often now for new ones they want gone now with no money of theirs invested , Even hard to get mic top and sasq

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope this isn’t considered hijacking the conversation (I’m new to this sort of thing) but I have to say that was a beautiful black diamond. Can you tell me if those are the standard tires and what wheels those are?
Thank you. It had the gray RTR wheels with Sasquatch size tires (BFG KO2) and oem SAS flares.

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. It had the gray RTR wheels with Sasquatch size tires (BFG KO2) and oem SAS flares.
Do you know tire size and wheel onset? I would like the same set up if with 33 inch wheels as in 285, 75 17 but want to avoid having to lift the vehicle to accommodate them.

rblume73

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 07 F150, 73 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of the dealers here in Texas are still trying to get $10k-$12k ADM, but are not selling, and not budging on price. I think they are trade-ins or auction buys they overpaid for, and can't even break even at the auctions. I guess they aren't ready to take the hit yet, but they have been sitting on the lots since June. Some of the ones listed at $5k ADM have sold, but that may not be what the dealer gets.
You can find some at MSRP if you look hard and far. I watched a Wildtrack list at MSRP and then sold a few days later. I got my BL -Lux, soft top, & manual at $2k over. It has about $1k in accessories, and Gold pre-owned cert, so it was worth it to me since I keep my vehicles for a very long time. Had to go to Dallas to get it, and I live on the Texas cost 5.5 hours away.

Sponsored

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you know tire size and wheel onset? I would like the same set up if with 33 inch wheels as in 285, 75 17 but want to avoid having to lift the vehicle to accommodate them.
17x9 +30 for the non SAS Bronco.

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The abandoned orders at my Dealer are almost all high trim tricked out orders. Apparently some folks got caught up in the "oh lets add this and that, and oh squirrel..." without really contemplating the reality that they took a $35,000 vehicle and added $25k of options making their monthly payment well above what they were expecting.

Everyone who ordered a 2-door base model completed the transaction, and more than half of those the customer paid cash.
I bet! Even without all the bells and whistles, I've found you need to put down at least 30k to have a payment under $500.00 with interest rates now.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bet! Even without all the bells and whistles, I've found you need to put down at least 30k to have a payment under $500.00
My Bronco was $34k, including tax, doc, license, and delivery. Dealership didn't even ask about financing, they simply assumed I was paying cash. (well personal check)

OP
OP
CrystalRedTintCoat

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel like everyone who wants a soft top, 4 door, non-sasquatch has one.
In Bronco Nation news today..

https://thebronconation.com/news/fo...tent=lnk1&mc_cid=94c4a4b3c2&mc_eid=d93aafd15a

“For customers to be eligible for the ‘23MY Bronco Order Modification Private Offer Program credit, Ford is asking that:

• Current Wildtrak customers switch to a Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Badlands –– all without a Molded-in Color (MIC) hard top (excludes 2 door orders), Sasquatch package, or Lux package.
  • You remove these: MIC hard top (excluding 2 door orders), Sasquatch package, and Lux package, if your order has them. Heritage, Heritage Limited, Everglades, and Raptor order holders cannot remove these items and are not eligible to claim this offer.”

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In Bronco Nation news today..

https://thebronconation.com/news/fo...tent=lnk1&mc_cid=94c4a4b3c2&mc_eid=d93aafd15a

“For customers to be eligible for the ‘23MY Bronco Order Modification Private Offer Program credit, Ford is asking that:

• Current Wildtrak customers switch to a Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Badlands –– all without a Molded-in Color (MIC) hard top (excludes 2 door orders), Sasquatch package, or Lux package.
  • You remove these: MIC hard top (excluding 2 door orders), Sasquatch package, and Lux package, if your order has them. Heritage, Heritage Limited, Everglades, and Raptor order holders cannot remove these items and are not eligible to claim this offer.”
There are several posts on this. Bronco Nation is funded by Ford, btw. The economics on this make sense to Ford, but not to people who have 4-door Wildtrak and Sas orders with hard tops. An aftermarket hard top is $6,000-$8,000 alone. The SAS and Hoss 3.0 suspensions can be done aftermarket (although it is a bit more than just wheel/tire/shocks & coils).

If it looks bad for my Wildtrak to get built, I may switch my order to a BL, but keep the hard top and move from Lux to High. Another option is to look for an abandoned order at another dealer.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it looks bad for my Wildtrak to get built, I may switch my order to a BL, but keep the hard top and move from Lux to High. Another option is to look for an abandoned order at another dealer.
Drop Lux. You don't get the $2500, but you will increase your chances of being built.

Lots of abandoned Wildtrack orders out there. People ordered 2 years ago thinking their finances would be better and can't get financing. Haven't seen a Wildtrack or Badlands without ADM though.

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealership that wants me to pay $15K over MSRP for my raptor, (that evolved from a first day reservation, and that is "in production)", has two broncos on their lot for MSRP. Don't know what that means for me though.

I have a family member that runs multiple ford dealerships outside of the US, and they told me 2 -3 months ago, that for the first time in a couple of years, supply is outpacing demand and they expect things to go back to normal very soon.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drop remote start and heated steering wheel in New England? No thanks.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up our second Bronco this weekend with a 5K markup. 4 door Outer banks 2.3L non sas - carbonized gray.

Picked it up from Concord Future Ford.

Might have been able to do more negotiating on the markup but they gave a descent value on our trade in so we are happy with it.

Does seem like markups might be coming down a bit.
Sponsored