Sponsored

Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction?

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco that I sold in July has still not been sold to an actual person, I have kept track of it via FordPass and it was sold to a Ford dealer, a few months later it went to an auction house and sat there for a couple months, and is now at another Ford dealer for less than I sold it for back in July.

Probably not helping that somewhere along the way someone swapped out the capable bumper and blue interior pieces for base model stuff.

https://www.gobeamanford.com/invent...ack-diamond-4wd-2-door-suv-1fmde5ah7nla81262/

When I had it:

20220424_175356.jpg
I hope this isn’t considered hijacking the conversation (I’m new to this sort of thing) but I have to say that was a beautiful black diamond. Can you tell me if those are the standard tires and what wheels those are?
Sponsored

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer I use is either selling them or sending them somewhere, their used Bronco inventory changes pretty frequently. They did post a brand new Badlands on their site for $92K, sticker is $62K.
Planet Ford of Dallas?

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bailed out and picked up a Telluride about a year ago because I was tired of waiting and needed a new vehicle badly. The Telluride is pretty nice actually!

I am still planning to grab a Bronco, but I am waiting until things cool down. I watch the market closely around the west coast. I am still seeing ADMs, but those ADMs have clearly started coming down quickly. I visited a dealer here in NorCal and they had 6 on the lot for sale. I would give it another 6 months to a year and things will loosen up a lot.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmm maybe it is area specific. I picked up my bronco end of december, there were 10 on the lot and mine was one of 7 delivered that week(the seven were all customer orders). Checked yesterday they had 4 used broncos on the lot, zero new units. None of the units yesterday were the ones on the lot end of december

the other ford dealership near me has 0 broncos

Last edited:

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had my bronco for a day and have already had 2 offers to buy it already from random people, one with an 18 month old reservation and one with 15 month old res. When I picked up my bronco there was also a guy looking at it because it was the exact one he had ordered, except for the manual trans, and he was hoping it was for sale.

not saying this means anything except for the fact that there are at least 3 people still looking for a bronco.

Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much like Apple and when they introduce a new phone….. some people would hock their children to get one or pay a crazy price. Wait a few months and then get “a deal” on yesterdays hot item.

it’s going to happen with autos too, I d bet on it. Only unknown is timing…. A month, 6 months or next year ???

Patience Grasshopper !!

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope this isn’t considered hijacking the conversation (I’m new to this sort of thing) but I have to say that was a beautiful black diamond. Can you tell me if those are the standard tires and what wheels those are?
RTR Tech 6 in satin grey wrapped in BFGoodroch KO2’s. Can’t tell the size but looks like 33’s or 35’s. Has Sas flares but without an undershot hard to say if it’s factory Squatch or just flares added to cover a +0 RTR.

I’m running the Evo’s and they are amazingly lighter than the factory Badlands wheels.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Scrub to 2:46 in this video…

Is this accurate? Are dealers really NOT able to sell all the Broncos they are receiving and are they really transferring to auction? Does this signal the end of ADM’s?

I don’t really understand this market space but it strikes me that if some of you are waiting 12, 18, 24 months to get a Bronco, could you get a good deal figure out this unsold dealer —> auction market?

I may be talking out of my butt here; just trying to help the community with data, if true. Perhaps someone who can explain this better can offer proper guidance to prospective buyers.
They can sell them more at auctions than on the lot.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had my bronco for a day and have already had 2 offers to buy it already from random people, one with an 18 month old reservation and one with 15 month old res. When I picked up my bronco there was also a guy looking at it because it was the exact one he had ordered, except for the manual trans, and he was hoping it was for sale.

not saying this means anything except for the fact that there are at least 3 people still looking for a bronco.
it seems we have similar tastes in vehicles, Broncos n GTI's lol

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it seems we have similar tastes in vehicles, Broncos n GTI's lol
Not only that, but we have damn near identical Badlands. I ended up with a 4 door covered wagon, 7MT, MID, Green. Even funnier - the day after Christmas I was just north of Bowling Green in a total white out when my GTI decided that it was going to lose communication with every sensor on the car. Let me tell you how well a GTI brakes when the abs and traction control decide to disappear. Neck Snapping. Even better was that it fixed itself, for no apparent reason, as I drove to the shop to have it looked at.

Did you keep yours or still have it?

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not only that, but we have damn near identical Badlands. I ended up with a 4 door covered wagon, 7MT, MID, Green. Even funnier - the day after Christmas I was just north of Bowling Green in a total white out when my GTI decided that it was going to lose communication with every sensor on the car. Let me tell you how well a GTI brakes when the abs and traction control decide to disappear. Neck Snapping. Even better was that it fixed itself, for no apparent reason, as I drove to the shop to have it looked at.

Did you keep yours or still have it?
still have it, it is a mk6 - 2012 but was planning on selling it when I got the bronco. Lucky for me no issues with that car

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They will start to get desperate soon. Remember that some of them paid extra to even get some of these units. If they sell to you at MSRP they may take a bath. But that was their risk for overpaying.

Some consumers will be in the same boat but since they got use out of the vehicle they should expect to take a loss.
At some point, a vehicle that doesn't sell is a chunk of money that the dealership pays interest on to the bank.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At some point, a vehicle that doesn't sell is a chunk of money that the dealership pays interest on to the bank.
Absolutely correct.

There is a certain percentage of early Bronco owners who wanted one just to say they had one first. Since that’s over with they didn’t actually want a rough and tumble off road machine. So those are back on the market.

Then you have those who didn’t want to wait for their dream reservation so they got the soft top low options until their “real” Bronco showed up. Now those soft top versions are on the market.

And now you have the rising interest rates.

Some people are going to win, some will lose.
Sponsored