Sponsored

Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction?

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Scrub to 2:46 in this video…

Is this accurate? Are dealers really NOT able to sell all the Broncos they are receiving and are they really transferring to auction? Does this signal the end of ADM’s?

I don’t really understand this market space but it strikes me that if some of you are waiting 12, 18, 24 months to get a Bronco, could you get a good deal figure out this unsold dealer —> auction market?

I may be talking out of my butt here; just trying to help the community with data, if true. Perhaps someone who can explain this better can offer proper guidance to prospective buyers.
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not what I’m seeing at all, go do a nationwide search on autotrader for “new” bronco, I’d say 80% have ADM...and used actually has more markup.

edit
Not saying the dealers are getting it, but I don’t see any rebates....well other then a dealer discounting the ADM lol 😂. I will add that on bringatrailer auction site I noticed recently non raptor Broncos going for MSRP or a couple thousand over msrp, a 2 door actually went below msrp.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just reading this article:

From the article:
"Car inventory is growing, sales are down—dealers may soon need to offer discounts"

“New-vehicle inventory climbed through December, nearing what used to be considered ‘normal’ levels in the pre-pandemic era,” says Cox Automotive Senior Economist Charlie Chesbrough.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/c...-to-offer-discounts-11673562676?siteid=yhoof2

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Scrub to 2:46 in this video…

Is this accurate? Are dealers really NOT able to sell all the Broncos they are receiving and are they really transferring to auction? Does this signal the end of ADM’s?

I don’t really understand this market space but it strikes me that if some of you are waiting 12, 18, 24 months to get a Bronco, could you get a good deal figure out this unsold dealer —> auction market?

I may be talking out of my butt here; just trying to help the community with data, if true. Perhaps someone who can explain this better can offer proper guidance to prospective buyers.
Maybe in some markets but definitely not the Bronco market.

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Somehow I just don't see this happening on Broncos with SAS, HT, and Lux, quite the opposite.
this is true if the news we received over the weekend is accurate

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The market has certainly cooled, but just because some click bait like and share blah blah youtube video says its so doesn't mean its so. I'm getting sick of all of these crappy videos people are making just to get views :(

But, I ordered a Powerwagon last April. Couldn't find them on the lots, and I negotiated 10% of MSRP due to an error on the dealer's website that they gave me and then removed the error ASAP. The dealer was adamant that the truck would sell in a heartbeat for $10K over MSRP if they had it then. IO was honest and told them I also had a Bronco on order and wasn't sure which way I would go, and they said they hoped I would pass because they'd make a lot more money. Well, I passed and took the Bronco, and the PW has been sitting on the lot for about a month now, so who knows.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Somehow I just don't see this happening on Broncos with SAS, HT, and Lux, quite the opposite.
Will take longer with the Bronco, because it's newer, has more demand, and Ford still can't get their act together with some components such as hardtop. Otherwise, Bronco is a mass produced vehicle, Ford must mass produce to gain max revenue as planned. And there are only so may "got to have it" 6G type people out there, or oddballs who buy multiples of the same vehicle. Those folks will eventually get burned through.

Rrehder

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not what I’m seeing at all, go do a nationwide search on autotrader for “new” bronco, I’d say 80% have ADM...and used actually has more markup.

edit
Not saying the dealers are getting it, but I don’t see any rebates....well other then a dealer discounting the ADM lol 😂. I will add that on bringatrailer auction site I noticed recently non raptor Broncos going for MSRP or a couple thousand over msrp, a 2 door actually went below msrp.
I’m just now seeing some less in demand models at msrp in my market. However some dealers are selling abandoned orders at msrp to existing customers before they hit the website.

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Our local small town dealer has been sitting on a pair of 4 door OBX soft tops for a month now and they've had very little interest shown in them from customers. Im guessing this is going to be the new norm for Broncos now. Lots of lower trims with few options and soft tops.

#CaptainObvious

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Listening to Tim Bartz the Ford Video Guy, this is probably true for models like the Escape, Ranger, Bronco Sport and some models of the F-150, they can be had at MSRP or below with special financing, Long McArthur has some F-150's $7k or more below MSRP. The Bronco and the Maverick are a different story.

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco that I sold in July has still not been sold to an actual person, I have kept track of it via FordPass and it was sold to a Ford dealer, a few months later it went to an auction house and sat there for a couple months, and is now at another Ford dealer for less than I sold it for back in July.

Probably not helping that somewhere along the way someone swapped out the capable bumper and blue interior pieces for base model stuff.

https://www.gobeamanford.com/invent...ack-diamond-4wd-2-door-suv-1fmde5ah7nla81262/

When I had it:

Ford Bronco Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction? 20220424_175356

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Listening to Tim Bartz the Ford Video Guy, this is probably true for models like the Escape, Ranger, Bronco Sport and some models of the F-150, they can be had at MSRP or below with special financing, Long McArthur has some F-150's $7k or more below MSRP. The Bronco and the Maverick are a different story.
Bronco Sports for sure... in 2021 I rarely saw any on the lot but this past fall I'd see 7-10 displayed out front (I was at Ford dealerships because of various Mach-E dealings) at every dealership.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The dealer I use is either selling them or sending them somewhere, their used Bronco inventory changes pretty frequently. They did post a brand new Badlands on their site for $92K, sticker is $62K.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those are probably customer orders. Vehicle comes in, dealer adds a market adjustment, customer walks away, dealer is stuck with a vehicle, and sends it to auction.

If that same dealer called me back and offered it at MSRP after the fact, I'd tell them to go pound sand.
Sponsored