Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you doing with the International cab? Something fun?
Very fun. It's getting pasted to this and going on a E450 frame.

PXL_20220723_175509574.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very fun. It's getting pasted to this and going on a E450 frame.

Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours 20220716_075810
Very cool. You'll need to document what is done. I'd love to see what you do.

Delight

Big Bend
First Name
Delight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A 5ā€™x10ā€™ enclosed for hauling my wifeā€™s stuff for her vintage showsā€¦and also a tiny ā€˜84 Ford trailer (not sure what Iā€™m going to do with itā€¦couldnā€™t resist).

L
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours A9B90CAB-45F9-4CEC-A0F4-88CCE67FF4E2
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours 8066EA47-E23C-44DC-8DD5-9CA3EDF5279A

CC220

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT500, 2001 Ram 2500 4X4 24V Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oregon County Fair is over for another year. Time to head out. Towing and hookup with the Bronco put my previous Wrangler to shame. This was a joy! I still catch bugs on the windshield.
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours 8066EA47-E23C-44DC-8DD5-9CA3EDF5279A
Looks great. How do you like the trailer? I am looking at the Steel HC now. Can you open the tailgate without hitting the box?

Sponsored

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Flagstaff E Pro 19FD

Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours Oscar and Kemit

1992 with my 76 and old trailer.
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours 20220710_152527

Last edited:

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Amazing how many people tow over the manufacturer's stated limits of their tow rig.

The listed tongue weight on a travel trailer is dry with no battery or propane (both of which are usually up front). Looked up one of the models someone said they were towing (Wolf Pup) 377lb tongue weight...before battery and propane...and before any "stuff" is added to the camper. Then there's the post above mine... Flagstaff E Pro 19FD...hitch weight is 409 with no options or "packages".

Someone else mentioned they did not use a WDH because that adds to the tongue weight and that is correct...and even though it "distributes" the weight, it does not reduce tongue weight.

After seeing how the hitch on these is mounted, being over weight seems like a good way to bend that crossmember.

At this point, I'm contemplating keeping my F150 instead of trading it since I know I want another travel trailer I know the limits of my F150 (which are not dictated by tongue weight or payload (GVWR) but GCVWR. All 3 numbers should be verified. And on a rig that you've added sliders or skid plates, gone up to 35's from 32's, etc...all that counts toward GVWR and GCWR. Oh, and that cooler that's in the back, behind the axle? Yeah, that counts as tongue weight too...the more I look into it, the more clear it becomes that Broncos are not intended to tow anything substantial.

Y'all are gonna do what you're gonna do but some people may not be aware of these things (or the fact that your insurance *can* deny coverage if you wreck and they figure out that you were over weight). Lots of questions about 'what trailer is that' from people who clearly have not done their research. I do a ton of research and calculations (the math part isn't my fault, it's just who I am...one of the reasons I'm a mechanical engineer, I math).

I'll step off my soapbox now.

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Amazing how many people tow over the manufacturer's stated limits of their tow rig.

The listed tongue weight on a travel trailer is dry with no battery or propane (both of which are usually up front). Looked up one of the models someone said they were towing (Wolf Pup) 377lb tongue weight...before battery and propane...and before any "stuff" is added to the camper. Then there's the post above mine... Flagstaff E Pro 19FD...hitch weight is 409 with no options or "packages".

Someone else mentioned they did not use a WDH because that adds to the tongue weight and that is correct...and even though it "distributes" the weight, it does not reduce tongue weight.

After seeing how the hitch on these is mounted, being over weight seems like a good way to bend that crossmember.

At this point, I'm contemplating keeping my F150 instead of trading it since I know I want another travel trailer I know the limits of my F150 (which are not dictated by tongue weight or payload (GVWR) but GCVWR. All 3 numbers should be verified. And on a rig that you've added sliders or skid plates, gone up to 35's from 32's, etc...all that counts toward GVWR and GCWR. Oh, and that cooler that's in the back, behind the axle? Yeah, that counts as tongue weight too...the more I look into it, the more clear it becomes that Broncos are not intended to tow anything substantial.

Y'all are gonna do what you're gonna do but some people may not be aware of these things (or the fact that your insurance *can* deny coverage if you wreck and they figure out that you were over weight). Lots of questions about 'what trailer is that' from people who clearly have not done their research. I do a ton of research and calculations (the math part isn't my fault, it's just who I am...one of the reasons I'm a mechanical engineer, I math).

Math is only correct when you enter the correct numbers. I have made changes to the trailer, so that it is within manufacture limits. So, thank you for your concern and stay off your "soap box".

CBWAR1

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F250 Custom 4X4; Pending: Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Great pics and I love the variety and hanks for posting the longer receiver hitch and extenders too.

Sponsored

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I miss having a pickup so I needed this
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours IMG20220908141631

Kilgore

Badlands
First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good post. From personal experience, this is not a trivial issue. A few years ago one of our company trucks was involved in an accident while towing. The insurance company investigator looked at the trailer, hitch, stinger and truck as part of his investigation. It was pointed out the stinger was rated for 7,000 pounds but the truck and trailer were rated significantly more, and the combined trailer/payload at the time was just over 14,000 pounds.

Even though the trailer had nothing to do with the accident and it was not our fault, our insurance was canceled. To add insult to injury the state patrol issued us a ticket for unsafe equipment. That ended a 5 year clean record for our company.

The rest of the story.... the stinger came from the employees personal truck. He took a shortcut to avoid walking across the yard to the shop.

Equipment has ratings for a reason.....

Kilgore
(also an ME)

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Weā€™re considering buying an Aliner Expedition A frame pop up camper to tow with our Bronco. Itā€™s approximately 2,250 dry (3,500 GVWR) with 240 lb hitch weight. Itā€™s 18 feet long (bumper to hitch), 7 feet wide and 5 feet high when closed. It falls inside the towing capability specs for the Bronco (2.7 - 4 Dr Wildtrak) and it fits in our garage. The low profile (5 feet high) will make it a little better in the wind and get better MPG than a full size travel trailer.
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours IMG20220908141631
How are you liking the trailer? I'm seriously considering one for whenever my Bronco gets built

LightRefined

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This was me last night to pickup a mattress. Installed the hitch and wiring myself, so it was fun to see the payoff.

Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours IMG_20221025_201225

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I donā€™t have my bronco yet, but Iā€™m running a similar trailer weight with a 2012 Dodge Caravan. Using the Curt wireless controller as well, I just upgraded to an Anderson weight distribution/sway controller hitch. Itā€™s a little bit expensive but it is well worth it. If I ever get my bronco, thatā€™s the set up Iā€™m going to use. Very glad to hear the Bronco is having no issues pulling a 3000 pound trailer.
Updated with pics now that I have my Bronco. First big trip this past week towing this unit through the Smoky Mountains. The Bronco kicked ass! No issues towing at all. Sweet spot was 71 mph on the interstate. 2,100 rpms and averaged 14.5 mpg for the entire trip. 4.27 gears. Tongue weight was 420 lbs. fully loaded. Includes the WD hitch and a full propane tank up front.
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours Bronco Campe 5
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours Bronco Camper 2
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours Bronco Camper 4
Sponsored

Last edited: