Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a blast with family and friends at silver lake sand dunes. First time ever on the sand dunes. I had the RTT. It was little nerve racking in the beginning, but once got used to the sand, it was lot of fun. Ended up going down all the way to 10 psi on stock SAS on my badlands to get over higher inclination.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aniljavali

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m assuming this is from over the summer since the dunes are closedā€¦. And buried in snow currently. šŸ˜‚
oh yes, finally finished up the video.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I gotta drive like 2.5 hours but itā€™s a wonderful place. Glad we have a nice little gem here in Michigan.
I got a sxs last year and spent more time there this year than I had in the past 15. My parents had a cottage less than a mile from the dunes and I basically lived there growing up, it doesnā€™t do much for me anymore, moreso because of the amount of people. Way too much stupid in one spot for me. I prefer to get out in the woods and trails.
I totally understand the appeal and donā€™t fault anyone for going, just doesnā€™t do much for me anymore.

OP
OP
aniljavali

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a sxs last year and spent more time there this year than I had in the past 15. My parents had a cottage less than a mile from the dunes and I basically lived there growing up, it doesnā€™t do much for me anymore, moreso because of the amount of people. Way too much stupid in one spot for me. I prefer to get out in the woods and trails.
I totally understand the appeal and donā€™t fault anyone for going, just doesnā€™t do much for me anymore.
I see your point. it was my first outing and I like it.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Driving in sand is fun and the views at Silver Lake are beautiful. But I agree that it feels a little claustrophobic when busy. Itā€™s just hard to relax when cresting hills in the 2-way parts of the park. Momentum gets you up the dunes but it also gets dangerous at the top with the possibility of oncoming traffic. Which is why I need to attend this yearā€™s Bronco event(s) there. Happy to be part of a caravan snaking its way through the park. That seems ideal.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want to take a trip here so bad. Might head up to Drummond/Holley Oaks in Juneā€¦Iā€™d have to make time to hit this up too.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Had a blast with family and friends at silver lake sand dunes. First time ever on the sand dunes. I had the RTT. It was little nerve racking in the beginning, but once got used to the sand, it was lot of fun. Ended up going down all the way to 10 psi on stock SAS on my badlands to get over higher inclination.

Awesome footage. The dunes are a beautiful place!
Sponsored