Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ever had a jeep? wranglers do this too, its due to the pressure in the cab. (***Per my research on the wrangler forum***) The seals in the wrangler (and im assuming in a bronco) are designed to keep water out, therefore they make the doors really hard to close.

My rubicon did this until i replaced my freedom panels with the bestop sunrider. now theres enough of an opening somewhere to let enough pressure out that my doors close easily now. i wouldnt worry about this as long as nothing is rubbing.

maybe test this out by keeping your window cracked open to see if the door closes easier. or keep another door open while you test it out
The windows crack open automatically! Lol
Yeah, his needs adjustment. My 2 doors are perfect

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ever had a jeep? wranglers do this too, its due to the pressure in the cab. (***Per my research on the wrangler forum***) The seals in the wrangler (and im assuming in a bronco) are designed to keep water out, therefore they make the doors really hard to close.

My rubicon did this until i replaced my freedom panels with the bestop sunrider. now theres enough of an opening somewhere to let enough pressure out that my doors close easily now. i wouldnt worry about this as long as nothing is rubbing.

maybe test this out by keeping your window cracked open to see if the door closes easier. or keep another door open while you test it out
Jeeps are full frame and require more force for that reason, as it's fully sealed when you close.

The Bronco being frameless, the windows don't roll all the way up and make a full seal until after the door is closed, so it's not quite the case of cabin pressure being the issue.

Either way, I think it's a GOOD thing, as it means the weather seal around the door is firm and sealing well.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The windows crack open automatically! Lol
Yeah, his needs adjustment. My 2 doors are perfect
Jeeps are full frame and require more force for that reason, as it's fully sealed when you close.

The Bronco being frameless, the windows don't roll all the way up and make a full seal until after the door is closed, so it's not quite the case of cabin pressure being the issue.

Either way, I think it's a GOOD thing, as it means the weather seal around the door is firm and sealing well.
i just face palmed myself, you guys are 100% right lol

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The placement of the speedometer is terrible. It is almost completely blocked if you drive with your left hand in the 10 o'clock position. It also only has the speed listed in km, not km and miles like almost every other car sold in Canada since the mid-1970's.
I haven't looked at an actual speedo in 3 years...
Digital all the way (and right in the middle!)

Sponsored

dmannx

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Land Rover LR4 / 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I experienced a low frequency reverb noise in the cabin while off roading this weekend - particularly on washboard roads (MIC 2.0 roof) - opening the windows a little helped a little - but not much.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

seat belt bulckle rubs against pillar in two door.
It sits right the tight spot between seat and pillar and bumps whenever seat is slid forward
I put mine between the seat and pillar and it hasn't moved or made a peep. Maybe move that seat more rear ward.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lifting up the soft top rear pops the side panels front groove out on the passenger side, just about every time

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing too much yet:
-large window visors seem a little much.
-The rear gate needs to be all the way open, and it opens slowly, to lift up the rear window.

That's about it. I have been fortunate, no issues with my Bronco and I like how it is set up and functions.
I love how the strut has 3 position detents. I've only lifted the glass once so far.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've already done that a few times. crack the passenger window then close the door. It def closes as it should when I do that.

It seems like my door panel clip popped loose from the slamming... I have popped it back in and it is hasn't popped back out yet but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like how this "quicks" thread turned into a "Complaints" thread REAL quick... :LOL:
Enh, that's all a 'quirk' is. A complaint that's not worth fixing, I'd suppose.

Mine is that I find i really like the soft top, but the fact that it in no way shape or form can be fully opened without getting out of the truck is tedious.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you explain when you mean by this?
It opens and holds at 45, 90 and 120 degrees. Under 45 and there is closing pressure on the strut. In between the other positions, there is opening pressure. Beautiful!
Sponsored