Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this is a quirk but as someone else mentioned the amount of snow that gets thrown on to the rear fender flares is insane. Will be adding mud flaps and possibly some side steps to help. I had easily 3” of snow on there after a drive and it started to freeze and then opening the rear door became an issue.
3BE4F620-FF30-413A-8459-C7195DF94414.jpeg
Evidence that this vehicle was built with warm climate in mind, not cold/snowy... It's bad design, or wasn't tested in snow conditions.
Sponsored

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It needs to come with 5% tinted windows. Im an introvert. I dont like people staring at me. Why do they stare? 😂

Smeagolsaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's no locking mechanism when the front seat is pushed forward to access the rear, in a 2 door. So it just slides back a bit, making it harder to get in the back. Basically unusable when you're on an upslope gradient. Very annoying.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, really weird that a 2021 car w/ USB C doesn't do fast charging.
YES! I shouldn't have to plug in a 12V adapter in the console to fast charge!

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

YES! I shouldn't have to plug in a 12V adapter in the console to fast charge!
I was thinking of a clean hard wired 12v adapter next to the OEM ones, but then you lose the ability to use wired CarPlay/Android Auto. I realize it does wireless, but so far it has been comparatively slow vs the wired versions.

Sponsored

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess another quirk would be the paddle HVAC switch. I've turned my AC down accidentally a handful of times while reaching down into that little area underneath where the USB plugs are.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading through 13 pages I realized that many of the items listed could/should have been resolved during the development of the vehicle.
The windows automatically lowering when you open the door is certainly not new technology. I also have a Mustang (my third S550) and it works perfectly, most people don’t even notice it. I’ve had Challengers in the past and they also worked without issue.
The ice and snow buildup on the rear fender flares should have been caught and rectified long ago. When we got home after driving through a snow storm I had to tell the kids to wait for me to open the rear doors so I could clear the snow away first. Over time I feel this would damage the paint and allow corrosion.
The connectivity issues with CarPlay are inexcusable. This is not new technology. As of right now CarPlay has “disappeared“ from my menu for both paired phones.
The doors not closing properly or having to be closed multiple times is more of a quality control issue that could happen with any vehicle. We have one door that needs to be closed a few times before it latches.

One issue that I have experienced that others didn’t mention is the placement of the headlight switch. On several occasions both my wife and my self have inadvertently bumped the switch with a knee while getting in or out of the driver seat. I even got the angry “why did you turn off the automatic headlights on my truck”? call from my wife after she drove halfway home in the dark with her lights off. She did not believe my explanation. Perhaps this is a short people issue but either way it’s another quirk that needs to be dealt with.

In the end though, it’s still a much more enjoyable vehicle than the Wranglers we’ve had in the past.
I’ve bumped said control many times now

as for CarPlay turn off wireless projection under connectivity and plug a cable in. This works the same on nearly any vehicle with wireless CarPlay and the implementation clearly needs some work

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking of a clean hard wired 12v adapter next to the OEM ones, but then you lose the ability to use wired CarPlay/Android Auto. I realize it does wireless, but so far it has been comparatively slow vs the wired versions.
My wireless android auto works great, isn't slow at all, but it has randomly disconnected a few times. It usually comes back up pretty quickly though.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wireless android auto works great, isn't slow at all, but it has randomly disconnected a few times. It usually comes back up pretty quickly though.
I'll give it another shot, but the first few times I tried wireless it was a notable delay to connect and also for Google Assistant to understand what I was saying vs instant when plugged in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine also works perfectly. Phone can get pretty warm though!

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel bad for even pointing this out if people haven't noticed it yet. I dont know if this is on every trim or just the Outer Banks but the rear bumper on the passenger side is just slightly lower from the body than the driver side. I thought it was just a defect on mine but Ive noticed it in every video I've seen of the Outer Banks.
My OBX does not have this quirk... I just double checked

There is a large ass gap between the rear bumper and body of the car though and I can't unsee it... I noticed it while washing it. I can basically stick an entire finger in there lol

That just goes with the quirks on mine... I don't think there's a single panel which is perfectly aligned.

seashell

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Love this thing
1. It’s dark inside-I’m getting old
2. It’s tall- I’m short
3. The mirrors flop back, then forward, then just right going through car wash-been through 3 times in 1700 miles!
4. Headrest push my neck forward, have a price on a new one to practice bending the pegs (don’t want to ruin the originals)
5. will be waiting for the bikini clad ladies 😆
I love this Truck/car/SUV thing

Regarding your #4 - Agree, 100%. I bought adjustable F150 headrest off of Ebay (2015-2019 XLT Sport). The color is Ebony compared to Onyx but you have to really look to notice. It's helped a lot.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, it is bizarre that they suddenly switched the volume controls to the left hand side of the steering wheel after being on the right for decades. Even the gauge cluster is left handed. It makes no sense.
I would guess the controls switched to the left side of the wheel because of the manual transmission option. I wonder if the Mustang has controls on the left?

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would guess the controls switched to the left side of the wheel because of the manual transmission option. I wonder if the Mustang has controls on the left?
As a lefty, I fully support having the most relevant controls on the left side of the wheel lol
Sponsored