Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe just me - first vehicle with electronic parking brake - but the mechanism works exactly the opposite as I would anticipate. I want to push to engage and pull to disengage.
Sponsored

BuffaloBronco87

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the funniest quirk is the wipers hitting the antenna if you want to pull it up.
Biggest pet peeve so far is water running down the roof into the window/onto me when it's raining. This is usually trying to get my son in/out of his car seat.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe just me - first vehicle with electronic parking brake - but the mechanism works exactly the opposite as I would anticipate. I want to push to engage and pull to disengage.
If you bump it while in motion, you don't want it to engage on the highway.

STANG526

Outer Banks
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Ford Mustang, Ford F150, Pontiac Grand am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone else noticed how difficult the hood is to close/lock? You really have to let that thing fall hard from at least 18" or it does not want to latch. Of course, that is only my experience with dealership demos since I am still waiting for delivery :(
Both my Mustang (99 & 2000) are like this. They both have props for the hood. 2001 F150 goes up on it own pretty much. Only problem getting it down is I need a step stool to reach top of the hood .

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless I am mistaken you can't scan radio or tracks from steering wheel on base.
The arrow buttons(left and right) only change source and the forward back buttons change display on dash.
BTW has anyone peeled back the carpet on base to see if there is a plug in the floor.

Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't read all the posts but the decision to put window controls on center console and door lock on doors. All doors are easily removable except tail gate. If you remove all the doors you have to have keyfob to lock and unlock tailgate. However your window controls are still there but connected to nothing. Funny quirk.

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Random things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Biggest pet peeve so far is water running down the roof into the window/onto me when it's raining.
When they were copying things from the wrangler they got that too, apparently they thought us wrangler owners loved that lol.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No telescoping steering wheel I could use that adustment.

gatordowns

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Verano
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats all for the back seats, right?

Would be nice to have a sunglass holder or at least some other built-in storage compartments up front. Going to 3D print some.
i have a sunglasses “taco holder” above the rear view mirror!

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got my Bronco last week. The app allows me to remote start, but my key fobs don't anymore. Every once in a while it will flash a light as it's trying, but it won't start from the fobs. They even blink red showing there's an error.
Tap the lock button first and then double tap the remote start button.

I had the exact same problem before I realized it was user error.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same, it's the old foot pedal, pull a lever to unlatch the brake motion. I also constantly reach too far down when I do use it, I need better muscle memory.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unless I am mistaken you can't scan radio or tracks from steering wheel on base.
The arrow buttons(left and right) only change source and the forward back buttons change display on dash.
BTW has anyone peeled back the carpet on base to see if there is a plug in the floor.
My steering wheel controls cycle through presets, thats odd they change source for you. Curious if it's a base thing.

I didn't read all the posts but the decision to put window controls on center console and door lock on doors. All doors are easily removable except tail gate. If you remove all the doors you have to have keyfob to lock and unlock tailgate. However your window controls are still there but connected to nothing. Funny quirk.
The window switches are so the power isn't live at the door plug. You hit water and it gets wet and shorts.
Sponsored