Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys you are missing something. We have an access port that you unzipped, reach in and unfold the arms.
SWS has no zippered port.
I has to be removed even to put the hard top on.​
IMG_5776.jpeg
IMG_5778.jpeg

IMG_6090.jpeg
Hey JTops,
Have you actually tried this approach with a 2 door TLP or are you speculating.on how easy it is? It's approx 4 ft from that port to even reach the arms and there is no room in there. I had to use a small tool to help reach and pull out the arms, even with no shade in place. If you have actually done it, kudos to you guys.
Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey JTops,
Have you actually tried this approach with a 2 door TLP or are you speculating.on how easy it is? It's approx 4 ft from that port to even reach the arms and there is no room in there. I had to use a small tool to help reach and pull out the arms, even with no shade in place. If you have actually done it, kudos to you guys.
Customer comment.
Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy IMG_7536

MikeOBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Customer comment.
Thanks for posting that. Did he use the port or just undo the back part of the top? It's easy to use the TLP if you roll back the top but I'm concerned about longevity of the velcro doing it that way.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting that. Did he use the port or just undo the back part of the top? It's easy to use the TLP if you roll back the top but I'm concerned about longevity of the velcro doing it that way.
I’ll find out.
I seriously doubt he is undoing the top.
You can also loosen the two rear straps and have access. Just pinch the buckles and it will open up.
Mike

MikeOBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll find out.
I seriously doubt he is undoing the top.
You can also loosen the two rear straps and have access. Just pinch the buckles and it will open up.
Mike
Thank you for following up! Like I said, I think you guys have the best mesh top. If there is an easy way to just loosen some straps and get to the TLP I would be a customer. I just removed my top today with the TLP and that port is way too far forward for my old a$$ to reach back far enough.

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought my first off-road vehicle about 4 years ago - a 2020 Jeep JL Rubicon, and loved it... I spent a few years building it up and getting into off-roading, overlanding, etc. Here are a few photos of that rig...

As soon as I saw the new Bronco announced, I knew that I wanted one. After waiting a bit for the aftermarket to catch up and for y'all to shake out some of the early issues with Ford, I jumped at putting an order in as soon as the banks opened this March. Given the supply chain issues for the rest of the rollout, I thought a late March order would be a guarantee for a 2024 model year. Boy was I wrong!
  • March 27: Ordered
  • April 6: Scheduled to build the week of May 15th
  • May 10: In production
  • May 18: Built
  • May 23: At my dealership
  • May 27: Traded the Jeep in and brought it home exactly 2 months after ordering.

I apparently "lucked out, " but holy cow, that happened way faster than I was prepared for! If you're interested, I wrote a big ol blog on my thoughts and comparisons between my JL Rubicon and the Bronco so far. I'd love to hear some of y'alls thoughts - especially if you came from Jeep, are considering a Jeep, or just wanna compare.

As for my bronco. I ordered a 2 door, 2.7L, Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux in shadow black. It has all the goodies that my Rubicon had and much more.

I plan to use my Bronco primarily for scooting around town topless in the summer, tromping around in the winter snow, hauling my tiny camper, and wheeling whenever I can. Finding places to get off-road isn't that easy living in the midwest, especially in Iowa... but I try to take every opportunity that I get. That said, I'm excited to build this rig up and hope it continues to be as awesome as its seemed in the first few hundred miles.

Build plans
  • Full XPEL Stealth PPF wrap - done
  • Ceramic tinted front windows (30%) - done
  • Steps and rock sliders from Metal Tech - done
  • Hard top lift from Top Lift Pro - in use
  • Sun shade from Spiderwebshades - done
  • Pocket fog light array from Baja Designs - ordered
  • Ditch lights from Baja Designs - done
  • Stubby antenna from Built Right Industries - done
  • Black out emblems
  • Leveling kit - with maybe a 1" lift
  • Wheels/tires - if I can ever decide on some
  • Rear seat delete + flat platform for the pup - in progress
  • Tailgate reinforcement with some modularity to mount other accessories
  • Tailgate/cargo molle / storage for fire extinguisher, first aid, recovery stuffs
  • Winch - as soon as I can find a mount for the modular front bumper that I like
  • Forscan tunes
  • DC to DC charger for the camper
Wishlist
  • ADV Fiberglass fender flares and hood
  • Raptor Grille
  • Morimoto headlights
  • Baja Designs light array on the bumper or roof - I would almost never use it, but they sure look awesome

Looking at your list, I am not affiliated what so ever, but Turn Offroad has a very stout Rear Tire Carrier and you can add accessories. They also have a nice looking Winch kit to add to the Modular Front Bumper.

Rough Country Has a good 1" level lift for the front with spacers top and bottom of the front Coil-Over.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looking at your list, I am not affiliated what so ever, but Turn Offroad has a very stout Rear Tire Carrier and you can add accessories. They also have a nice looking Winch kit to add to the Modular Front Bumper.

Rough Country Has a good 1" level lift for the front with spacers top and bottom of the front Coil-Over.
Thanks for mentioning us!
OP if there’s any questions I can answer for you let me know!

OP
OP
broox

broox

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aaaand, back to our regularly scheduled program of my build thread!

I ordered the SAE fog/driving/spot light array from @Baja Designs a couple months ago, finally got them in, and installed today. I'm super, super happy with how they look and how they light up the road. The kit is just as high quality as you'd Expect from BD.

Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy new-dog-lights-have-arrived
Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy new-fog-lights-installed
Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy this-should-light-up-the-way

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice build. Not to re-hijack but I have the two door TopLiftPros and keep my Jtop in place.

1. I push the TopLiftPros into position, ratchet it up about 8”,
2. go to the side of the vehicle and lift the front of the shell and wedge a 10-12” tall box my wheel chocks sit in to level the top out,
3. return to the back corner and reach in above the Jtop and pull the first bar out of the TopLiftPros
4. then go to the other corner and do the same.

I don’t get the bars all the way straight out but enough that I can go remove the box, pull the TopLiftPros away from the truck and then fully straighten them.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice build. Not to re-hijack but I have the two door TopLiftPros and keep my Jtop in place.

1. I push the TopLiftPros into position, ratchet it up about 8”,
2. go to the side of the vehicle and lift the front of the shell and wedge a 10-12” tall box my wheel chocks sit in to level the top out,
3. return to the back corner and reach in above the Jtop and pull the first bar out of the TopLiftPros
4. then go to the other corner and do the same.

I don’t get the bars all the way straight out but enough that I can go remove the box, pull the TopLiftPros away from the truck and then fully straighten them.
Thanks for the update on how you use your TLP.
Mike

Sponsored
OP
OP
broox

broox

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright, after some words from a very persistent sponsor, we're back.

Tonight, I installed the cargo platform that I've been working on as part of my rear seat delete. Plywood, hinges, bolts, and raptor liner. I plan to add a locking latch to the hatch and will likely keep a sheet of rubber on top of the platform most of the time.

Super happy with how it's turning out. More details in this thread.

Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy bronco-platform-installed
Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy front-support (1)
Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy hatch
Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy raptor-lined-bronco-platform-installed

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright, after some words from a very persistent sponsor, we're back.

Tonight, I installed the cargo platform that I've been working on as part of my rear seat delete. Plywood, hinges, bolts, and raptor liner. I plan to add a locking latch to the hatch and will likely keep a sheet of rubber on top of the platform most of the time.

Super happy with how it's turning out. More details in this thread.

Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy raptor-lined-bronco-platform-installed

The Platform looks Really nice! Well done.

OP
OP
broox

broox

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently added the @IAG Performance tailgate reinforcement hinge.

I think it's the best looking hinge reinforcement out right now, plus it's aluminum, so rust won't be a concern. It was hard to pass up when I saw it on sale a couple months ago.

My only complaint about this bracket is that it only opens to 90Âş. I understand that their reason is so that you can install accessories without smashing the tail light, but I think that issue would be better solved by a strut that could be restricted to certain angles.

That said, I'm excitedly awaiting some accessories to mount up to it. I'd love to be able to carry some rotopax for long hauls - especially while pulling the camper.

First of all, the packaging was much higher quality than expected

Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy iag-1
Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy iag-2

Secondly, I was super pleased by them including die cut paint protection. And the free Bronco script badges that they threw in were fun. They probably won't get mounted to my ride, but will make some good garage decor.

Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy iag-3

And, any time I open the tailgate of my Bronco, my dog thinks he's getting a ride. So he just chilled in here while I got everything prepped, haha.

Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy iag-4

Mounting was pretty straightforward with minimal adjustments required. iAG included everything necessary and the instructions were great.

Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy iag-5
Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy iag-6

I'm super happy with how it looks paired with the stealth PPF wrap.

Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy iag-7

Next on my wishlist, is for someone to make an adjustable spare tire carrier. I had one made by Teraflex on my Jeep and absolutely loved it. It accommodated the camera, 3rd brake light, and allowed for the wheel to be adjusted in, out, up, and down. It was super versatile and had an incredible design.

And I also need to decide on wheels + tires...

I've been eyeballing the KMC KM722 Technics in anthracite / dark gray forever, but have been considering the new Method 321 wheels in machined aluminum as well...

Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy kmc-technics
Ford Bronco BROOX's 2DR Shadow Black Squatchy Boy method-321

Last edited:

BroncoDonco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands non Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently added the @IAG Performance tailgate reinforcement hinge.

I think it's the best looking hinge reinforcement out right now, plus it's aluminum, so rust won't be a concern. It was hard to pass up when I saw it on sale a couple months ago.

My only complaint about this bracket is that it only opens to 90Âş. I understand that their reason is so that you can install accessories without smashing the tail light, but I think that issue would be better solved by a strut that could be restricted to certain angles.

That said, I'm excitedly awaiting some accessories to mount up to it. I'd love to be able to carry some rotopax for long hauls - especially while pulling the camper.

First of all, the packaging was much higher quality than expected

Secondly, I was super pleased by them including die cut paint protection. And the free Bronco script badges that they threw in were fun. They probably won't get mounted to my ride, but will make some good garage decor.

And, any time I open the tailgate of my Bronco, my dog thinks he's getting a ride. So he just chilled in here while I got everything prepped, haha.

Mounting was pretty straightforward with minimal adjustments required. iAG included everything necessary and the instructions were great.

I'm super happy with how it looks paired with the stealth PPF wrap.

Next on my wishlist, is for someone to make an adjustable spare tire carrier. I had one made by Teraflex on my Jeep and absolutely loved it. It accommodated the camera, 3rd brake light, and allowed for the wheel to be adjusted in, out, up, and down. It was super versatile and had an incredible design.

And I also need to decide on wheels + tires...

I've been eyeballing the KMC KM722 Technics in anthracite / dark gray forever, but have been considering the new Method 321 wheels in machined aluminum as well...

Nice build! FYI Turn Offroad makes an adjustable spare tire carrier. (I don’t own it but am considering since I bought some -0 offset wheels)

https://turnoffroad.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-adjustable-tire-carrier-camera-mount

OP
OP
broox

broox

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)