Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there’s a ton of threads about this but didn’t see a place with the info centralized. Now that I have a VIN what are the milestones I have to look forward to?

When does window sticker generate?
What’s the significance of a blend date?
How are people looking up when modules are activated?
Other milestones to track and information to glean?
Ways to look up after production where you’re parked and either track via rail or convoy?

bronco6g order tracker the best way to follow or is there different places to look?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When does window sticker generate?
In my experience… after it receives a blend date. Although some people say they are able to get the window sticker before then.

What’s the significance of a blend date?
The blend date is essentially the start date of final assembly.

How are people looking up when modules are activated?
I use Ford’s order tracker: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

There is also Bronco 6G’s order tracker.

Other milestones to track and information to glean?
I’ll defer to others on this who have been through the process more recently than I. But overview of the milestones:

Clean (Unscheduled) -> VIN -> Scheduled to date -> blend date -> in production -> produced -> released -> waiting for transit -> in transit -> delivered

Ways to look up after production where you’re parked and either track via rail or convoy?
After your vehicle is in transit, your dealer should be able to pull up something called a Vehicle Visibly Report. On that visibility report should be a train car number where your truck is located. You can then use that number to track the progress of the train car as it moves across the country on the rail company’s website. It seems most Broncos are being shipped via CSX.

I have never had a vehicle shipped via convoy… so i’ll defer to others on that one.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my experience… after it receives a blend date. Although some people say they are able to get the window sticker before then.

The blend date is essentially the start date of final assembly.

I use Ford’s order tracker: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

There is also Bronco 6G’s order tracker.

I’ll defer to others on this who have been through the process more recently than I. But overview of the milestones:

Clean (Unscheduled) -> VIN -> Scheduled to date -> blend date -> in production -> produced -> released -> waiting for transit -> in transit -> delivered

After your vehicle is in transit, your dealer should be able to pull up something called a Vehicle Visibly Report. On that visibility report should be a train car number where your truck is located. You can then use that number to track the progress of the train car as it moves across the country on the rail company’s website. It seems most Broncos are being shipped via CSX.

I have never had a vehicle shipped via convoy… so i’ll defer to others on that one.
very helpful. When do you get a blend date? Once you get an email saying “in-production”?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

very helpful. When do you get a blend date? Once you get an email saying “in-production”?
I'll preface this with a disclaimer that my information largely comes from my father who is a former Ford employee that retired several years ago. He retired before the automated email system and the public tracking website was available, so my information is more just an educated guess.

BUT, anyway... there are two statuses internally:
  • "Scheduled to Week" - this corresponds with the emails that provide you your VIN number and your build week.
  • "Scheduled to Day" - this corresponds to the "in-production" email, and the generation of a blend date and blend number (which is used to track your vehicle for final assembly). You will also be able to generate a window sticker at that point. Note that your Bronco will be listed as "in-production" before it actually goes into final production on the blend date.
I am going to assume that the "Built" status on the tracking website corresponds to the "Released" status internally. That's when the vehicle has passed the quality checks and has been transferred to the waiting lot to wait for shipment.
Sponsored