First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' m2 Comp, 22' 911 carrera, Raptor, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have some conflicting information and wanted to get your thoughts.
As far as I know, my car was shipped Friday 11/11. That is when I got my "built" email, and when I clicked on the tracker from that email, pizza tracker had it as shipped.
At that point, I reached out to Ford Chat to get the rail car number, which they provided, and also gave me an ETA to dealer of 11/12-11/18 (which I knew was not going to happen).
I track the rail car, and it says it will be placed in Tampa (final destination) 11/23...ok that makes more sense.
THis morning, I get an email from Ford saying my ETA has changed (no surprise) but the dates are now 12/10-12/16.
I reach out to Ford Chat just for fun and they confirm those dates and tell me the car is in transit, but is still in Michigan???

So now of course my mind is racing. With all of the issues these things have had in production and transportation I'm just sitting here thinking ok, what could possibly have gone wrong here. HAS anything gone wrong here? WHO is wrong here? lol.
FOr those who have taken delivery or are currently waiting delivery, have you experienced anything like this?
If the rail car is on its way to Kentucky today, why would Ford tell me it is still in Wayne, MI?
From what I've seen, it seems like you can't really trust their tracking.
But of course I'm sitting here thinking oh great my Bronco is SUPPOSED to be on that car but it really isn't lol.
Had a similar thing happen with our raptor. Ford and my dealer were always two days behind in updates. I would trust the rail car companies more with location and timing. Ford was useless. Now mine has been sitting at the port of San Diego for a week(wheels on the ground). Took over a month to get it here from MAP. Hoping my wildtrak order doesn’t take that long but who knows. Hope you have some great news soon!
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just found out after 3 weeks of being “produced”that the raptor is on a @Ford Motor Company chip hold. Knew something was up since all the trackers show “in production” still. I figured @Ford Motor Company would’ve learned a lesson over all the other chip hold issues from the past, guess not. Here’s to having my raptor sitting all winter in Michigan🍺

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just found out after 3 weeks of being “produced”that the raptor is on a @Ford Motor Company chip hold. Knew something was up since all the trackers show “in production” still. I figured @Ford Motor Company would’ve learned a lesson over all the other chip hold issues from the past, guess not. Here’s to having my raptor sitting all winter in Michigan🍺
so sorry, that sucks.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
so sorry, that sucks.
The really frustrating part is Raptors built after this build week are being shipped. Just like last time with ice mountain etc your bronco gets put in @Ford Motor Company purgatory while other Broncos built at a later date get shipped. Was here for all that so I know what a “chip hold” entails.

cconner9

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 500, Jeek Wrangler JK, Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow! Really?! Where did you get this info? My Raptor has shown in production since October 25!

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow! Really?! Where did you get this info? My Raptor has shown in production since October 25!
Directly from Ford, another Raptor member with same build week told me Ford told him “chip hold” today so I called and was told the same. I’m sure @Ford Motor Company can tell you the same, just provide them with your VIN in a DM😜

cconner9

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Th
Directly from Ford, another Raptor member with same build week told me Ford told him “chip hold” today so I called and was told the same.
Thanks for the info! That sucks!!! Their production planner needs to be canned!

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Th

Thanks for the info! That sucks!!! Their production planner needs to be canned!
Call Ford, see what you get told. I knew something was up cause every time we (other member) called Ford we kept getting told “produced” even though tracker etc showed “in production” and given the same ETA dates which for me was Nov 14 - 20 lol.

jodilynne516

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as I know, my car was shipped Friday 11/11. That is when I got my "built" email, and when I clicked on the tracker from that email, pizza tracker had it as shipped.
At that point, I reached out to Ford Chat to get the rail car number, which they provided, and also gave me an ETA to dealer of 11/12-11/18 (which I knew was not going to happen).
I track the rail car, and it says it will be placed in Tampa (final destination) 11/23...ok that makes more sense.
THis morning, I get an email from Ford saying my ETA has changed (no surprise) but the dates are now 12/10-12/16.
I reach out to Ford Chat just for fun and they confirm those dates and tell me the car is in transit, but is still in Michigan???

So now of course my mind is racing. With all of the issues these things have had in production and transportation I'm just sitting here thinking ok, what could possibly have gone wrong here. HAS anything gone wrong here? WHO is wrong here? lol.
FOr those who have taken delivery or are currently waiting delivery, have you experienced anything like this?
If the rail car is on its way to Kentucky today, why would Ford tell me it is still in Wayne, MI?
But of course I'm sitting here thinking oh great my Bronco is SUPPOSED to be on that car but it really isn't lol.
I received my built email on 10/26. Shipped email 11/2 and got the rail tracking from Ford Chat. When it was almost to Virginia I tried ford chat again because I couldn't understand some of the places the rail tracking was giving me. They told me it was still sitting at MAP. The next day rail tracking said it was at the rail yard. I talked to Ford Chat again and they confirmed it was at the rail yard.
My first ETA was 11/9-15. The other day Ford Chat told me 11/30-12/5. Then last night Ford Chat told me 11/15-21. I have no idea when it will get here now. Frustrating because it is sitting 2 hours away.

Raptortothis

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you find this information?
That pick was text to me from my sales guy at the dealer… seem like the Raptors are all on chip hold. My buddy has one that was a week ahead of mine (but ironically the next sequential VIN) and he has the same no news as we do.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cconner9

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That pick was text to me from my sales guy at the dealer… seem like the Raptors are all on chip hold. My buddy has one that was a week ahead of mine (but ironically the next sequential VIN) and he has the same no news as we do.
That is trash! I've seen several other Bronco models with build weeks after ours that have already been delivered. I just hope this doesn't turn into another ice mountain issue and they sit in a parking lot for 6 months!

WildLux951

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IMO If you have a rail car number, I would trust that tracking. However it can take another week to get from a rail yard to a dealer by truck, so perhaps that is why the later date from Ford

Yes, trust the railcar tracking. I tracked mine all the way across the country. While the rail tracker said mine was in Kansas, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and finally California, the Ford chat people said it was in Illinois the entire time. Which it was not. Once it arrived here in Southern California,
Ford chat changed their tune and said it was here. Which it was.
Hang in there. It's probably closer than you think.

SumDumGuy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape 2L, 2" lift, 235/60R17
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco build week 10/24 1668699039033

WOO HOO!!! now to let the modifications begin!!!