First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I built a rear platform that bolts into existing tie down locations. It is out of wood, I used 3/4 inch oak plywood for strength and coated it with the spray can version of Bed liner. Features are:

- Just high enough to store two Rigid boxes underneath
- Still have access to factory back storage
- embedded E-track, 6 points removable tie downs or any E Track attachment.
-On the front of the platform I added a plate with rare earth magnets to attach another panel for a completely flat sleeping surface

20211114_071249.jpg

20211114_071306.jpg

20211114_071734.jpg

20211114_071635.jpg

20211114_071709.jpg

20211114_071648.jpg
Patent Pending 😃 nice job looks good and very functional 🍍🍕
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tmizzle

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nicely done! Was thinking of doing something similar myself. Do you have an pics with the other panel installed?
The other panel is in process, I started it but now I want to make it a little longer. On the attachment end I routed an area so that a piece of one inch strap steel mounts flush and that is what attaches to the magnets. Each magnet has 60lbs of adhesive power so once attached, it's solid.

OP
OP

Tmizzle

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well done! Can't wait to do similar with my 4 door deleting the rear seats.
I would love to get rid of the back seats but use them too much unfortunately

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First mod to my impending Bronco delivery is a 60% back seat delete. Probably going to use Goose Gear but the custom job you did looks great.
My trail dog Vizsla, Bodi, is gonna love it.

OP
OP

Tmizzle

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice work! I'm still waiting a bit for after market, I'd prefer a drawer underneath (and also want to see that security drawer Ford offers in person), but I'll end up with something similar eventually, either self built of bought.
I plan on a couple longer trips next year, where I'll definitely be sleeping inside the truck at least some of the nights.
Thanks for sharing!
I thought about a drawer but he stock storage is kind of handy and I didn't want to lose it.

TS_Bronco_12

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, Outer Banks 2.7L, Velocity Blue, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great setup! And Well thought out 👍🏻😎

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy cow, I wasn't expecting that much height in order to make a flat sleeping platform. This actually makes me glad, lots of storage possibilities!

Would you mind posting the distance from the floor to the top of your platform? Would give me something to think about while I wait.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tmizzle

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy cow, I wasn't expecting that much height in order to make a flat sleeping platform. This actually makes me glad, lots of storage possibilities!

Would you mind posting the distance from the floor to the top of your platform? Would give me something to think about while I wait.
Mine is about 8 inches which is more than it needs to be by about an inch and a half to 2 inches assuming your platform for sleeping is at the tip of the back seats when folded. It was a sacrifice I made to ensure the Ridgid boxes fit underneath it. I can sit up on the platform and still not hit the roof. I'm shorter 5-8

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought about a drawer but he stock storage is kind of handy and I didn't want to lose it.
I don't know how the factory drawer can allow access to the under floor compartment without removing the drawer - it says it is compatible but extends back far enough over the rear tie downs (replaces and attaches there)

If I was going Oak plywood I would think of finishing it in stain to match the roast/onyx leather in mine. Birch ply can produce a smoother finish without chance of getting splinters. Marine grade ply is also available at a price but the glue is water resistant and designed for exterior use

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know how the factory drawer can allow access to the under floor compartment without removing the drawer - it says it is compatible but extends back far enough over the rear tie downs (replaces and attaches there)

If I was going Oak plywood I would think of finishing it in stain to match the roast/onyx leather in mine. Birch ply can produce a smoother finish without chance of getting splinters. Marine grade ply is also available at a price but the glue is water resistant and designed for exterior use
i have the drawer. I keep it quite loaded with useful stuff and I can remove it under 10 seconds to get to the other storage below it

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands