Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@everyone

This is where im at, i would rather not HAVE to give anything up but i cant figure out how to rearange this so that i can have everything i want. I dont want a compressor or a winch the only MASSIVE amps ill draw are on the 40 inch bar. any advise?
for the fourm.JPG
for the fourm.JPG
You can use a relay to get under the max amperage...12v power from the battery to the relay then to the fogs...aux switch to trigger the relay.

EDIT: Install in-line fuse on the 12v supply before the relay.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@everyone

This is where im at, i would rather not HAVE to give anything up but i cant figure out how to rearange this so that i can have everything i want. I dont want a compressor or a winch the only MASSIVE amps ill draw are on the 40 inch bar. any advise?
for the fourm.JPG
for the fourm.JPG
Others have mentioned this, but you will not be using your switches power for things like a winch or compressor. If you decide to use a switch on those accessories, you will need to add a relay to the system and only use the switch to trigger the relay, the relay will provide the power from the battery to the accessory. Generally, you will not have a dash switch to power the winch. Some lights can use the factory switch, many will need the higher output of the 15 or 30 amp circuits. In my case I have 3 lights (ditch, fog and winch light bar) one GMRS radio. The highest two are lights and they use the 30 and 15amp circuits. The other use the 10amp. If I add a compressor in the rear (potential plan) I will need a relay to get the 30+ amps to the compressor. The switch will only trigger the relay and the relay will be wired to the battery (with a proper gauge wire to handle the amperage load and distance of the wire from battery to device). Hopefully that helps a bit.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford has a factory diagram that shows powered circuits (switches) and unpowered circuits (until you power them off the switches!). The document shows the ampere ratings of switches and the wires that go to the various areas, such as the bumper, the rear passenger compartment, etc.
I used this to wire up switch 6 to foglights. Super easy, tease the apprpriate colored wires out of the bundle, connect them attach your load and make the electrickery happen. I wired up a set of RC fogs, 3 lights per side, and used a relay because it came with the kit and it's a pretty heavy load. I found that document here on 6G so it's not a state secret. It's really kind of genius and well worth the less than $200 it cost as an option.

OP
OP

nickyp1020

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has a factory diagram that shows powered circuits (switches) and unpowered circuits (until you power them off the switches!). The document shows the ampere ratings of switches and the wires that go to the various areas, such as the bumper, the rear passenger compartment, etc.
I used this to wire up switch 6 to foglights. Super easy, tease the apprpriate colored wires out of the bundle, connect them attach your load and make the electrickery happen. I wired up a set of RC fogs, 3 lights per side, and used a relay because it came with the kit and it's a pretty heavy load. I found that document here on 6G so it's not a state secret. It's really kind of genius and well worth the less than $200 it cost as an option.
does it come as a set thats easy to install, can you drop a link

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm piggy backing on this post a bit. I thought I'd read somewhere here that the AUX switch wiring was considered a bit undersized or minimally sized accord to a few posters. Don't the AUX switches attach to relays that you then attach wired accessories ? If that's the case is the factory AUX wiring size really an issue ?

I hate electrical issues on vehicles. It's my least favorite issue to deal with. So I kinda have no idea what I eve asked !!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm piggy backing on this post a bit. I thought I'd read somewhere here that the AUX switch wiring was considered a bit undersized or minimally sized accord to a few posters. Don't the AUX switches attach to relays that you then attach wired accessories ? If that's the case is the factory AUX wiring size really an issue ?

I hate electrical issues on vehicles. It's my least favorite issue to deal with. So I kinda have no idea what I eve asked !!
I do believe that the aux wiring gauge thickness is just making it by for the amperages listed. I'm not aware of any aux relays, just fuses.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Coming from the electrical world,

The switches have different amp limits. But they all have the same gage connection wiring (#16). For switches 3-6, yeah, that will work given the amp limit. For #1 and #2, with an amp limit of 30 and 20, that's a bit smaller than I'd run for the entire run, but given that it's just a short pigtail coming up from the relay, it probably won't hurt anything at those ampacities -- as long as you use larger gage wiring going out to whatever accessory you are wiring in.

The pre-run wiring - that's a different ballgame, and you are on your own to make sure you don't exceed the ampacity of the wire. They are just some pre-run wires that you can (or not) use if you want to for just about anything.

OP
OP

nickyp1020

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands