Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d prefer they were fully welded on. That said it is one of my favorites so far.

Answering my own question: Yes they are separate bolt on components. I found a YT vid from the “Story till now” that showed the pieces disassembled.
Maybe a similar bumper from LOD??
Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

found some GREAT shots of ARB Summit (I'm getting mine Monday)

Ford Bronco Bumpers: Aftermarket Bumper List B01A483A-6513-410F-A5EB-04BC36C7E554

Ford Bronco Bumpers: Aftermarket Bumper List B01A483A-6513-410F-A5EB-04BC36C7E554

I really wanted this bumper since I had it on my LR Disco II and loved it, it was heavy and had to put the heaviest springs in but it was great. I just can't get myself to order this since I think it sticks out twice as much as necessary??? Does it clear room for the intercooler to breath right, don't know, it it just so huge on off the front end I just cannot hit buy??? Weight wise, 172 lbs plus winch is also a concern since I have a WT with Hoss 3.0 and just imagine every big whup-de-do to bottom out the springs? I am in Northern Nevada so wanted more desert adventure over wash board roads than rock crawling the Rubicon...

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really wanted this bumper since I had it on my LR Disco II and loved it, it was heavy and had to put the heaviest springs in but it was great. I just can't get myself to order this since I think it sticks out twice as much as necessary??? Does it clear room for the intercooler to breath right, don't know, it it just so huge on off the front end I just cannot hit buy??? Weight wise, 172 lbs plus winch is also a concern since I have a WT with Hoss 3.0 and just imagine every big whup-de-do to bottom out the springs? I am in Northern Nevada so wanted more desert adventure over wash board roads than rock crawling the Rubicon...
Yea it is a porker, my front end increased by 150lbs and I had to switch my springs to 4 door V6 badland suspensions to compensate. Most people won't do anything or just add a leveling kit, but I felt that wasn't right.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea it is a porker, my front end increased by 150lbs and I had to switch my springs to 4 door V6 badland suspensions to compensate. Most people won't do anything or just add a leveling kit, but I felt that wasn't right.
Ford Bronco Bumpers: Aftermarket Bumper List 20230326_163530
Ford Bronco Bumpers: Aftermarket Bumper List 20230326_163522

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which rear bumper and swing arm is this?
Road Armor...much cheaper at Northridge 4x4 than it is from the manufacturer. It was the only rear bumper I could find that somewhat mirrored the modular front bumper in terms of design. It can be bought with or without the swing out carrier.

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why is this such a hard decision? I want something sleek, flows with the bronco and has room for a winch and 4 lights. I love the JCR Crusader bumper but I know I would regret not having a winch... we go out to west Texas a lot and there is no cell service, so it's piece of mind. The JCR Vanguard looks ok, but I'm holding out that there is something more "sleek" and has room for 4 (or more) lights up front and a winch.

I might end up with the ADD Rock Fighter.

Anyone know of something that fits my asks a bit closer?
I’m in the same boat as you. All these bumpers are so chunky. I like the general design of Maxlider but not for over $3k and why does it seem like EVERY BUMPER on this list made a bumper design and then were like “oh and then just throw the winch on top”? I’ve just come to the conclusion that I probably won’t find anything that is what I want and so I’m going to have to make it myself. Thoughts: 1.75/2” DOM Tubing or Square Bar, Prerunner style, broad skid plate, bolt-on, (kinda trying to design an area for the acc radar the show through/tuck away on the trail, winch behind skid plate and still gain ground clearance/approach angle.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the same boat as you. All these bumpers are so chunky. I like the general design of Maxlider but not for over $3k and why does it seem like EVERY BUMPER on this list made a bumper design and then were like “oh and then just throw the winch on top”? I’ve just come to the conclusion that I probably won’t find anything that is what I want and so I’m going to have to make it myself. Thoughts: 1.75/2” DOM Tubing or Square Bar, Prerunner style, broad skid plate, bolt-on, (kinda trying to design an area for the acc radar the show through/tuck away on the trail, winch behind skid plate and still gain ground clearance/approach angle.
Have you guys seen the ASFIR unique solution for Bronco owners with the modular front bumper? They offer a spacer that fits between the frame and the bumper that has a winch provision and you keep the modular bumper...not as sexy as some of the other offerings, but functional.

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Road Armor...much cheaper at Northridge 4x4 than it is from the manufacturer. It was the only rear bumper I could find that somewhat mirrored the modular front bumper in terms of design. It can be bought with or without the swing out carrier.
Man I like the end result, but you had to do quite a bit of work to get it to that point and make it work like it really should per your other thread. Props though.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I like the end result, but you had to do quite a bit of work to get it to that point and make it work like it really should per your other thread. Props though.
There was indeed work involved...but I have found that many other manufacturers also have some unadvertised requirements to get things all sorted. Some also do advertise additional steps, but don't do things the way my OCD likes. Example...the LOD setup indicates that if the bumper ends up at the wrong angle it can be shimmed...but the simple slide-in slotted shim parallel to both surfaces wouldn't do it for me. If a user tilts the brackets by inserting only one shim, that means the underhead surface of the bolts/washers won't sit parallel to the surface and uneven torque will be the result. My bumper was tilted about 2.5 degrees, so I bought 2.5 degree leaf spring/pinion high carbon steel shims and drilled holes to match the frame. I then bought washers that allow up to 3 degrees between the uneven surfaces. Voila! Bumper parallel to body and strong wedge shims in place.

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you guys seen the ASFIR unique solution for Bronco owners with the modular front bumper? They offer a spacer that fits between the frame and the bumper that has a winch provision and you keep the modular bumper...not as sexy as some of the other offerings, but functional.
I don’t have the mod bumper. 825 was a steep upcharge for it and not worth it to me.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have the mod bumper. 825 was a steep upcharge for it and not worth it to me.
Agree. The issue with almost all of the aftermarket front bumpers is that they block or restrict airflow to the intercooler...something for it is very specific about when it comes to their diagram with a big red area that should not be blocked. A winch would be great, even if I only had to use it a couple of times, but I'd rather have full access to air flow to the intercooler especially when crawling and risk not having a winch. I don't know if there is a bumper out there yet that has the winch located someplace that doesn't block or alter the efficacy of the sensors or the camera or the intercooler airflow or that screws up approach angle...a tall order indeed.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice. I was actually looking through this thread trying to find a rear bumper that was close styling wise to the modular front bumper.
Sponsored