Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer just called me letting me know they have a 4 door 6 speed Big Bend potentially available if the customer doesn’t take delivery.
It’s a 2020 order, so $5k over from that year’s MSRP.
My order was made in February 2022 for a 2 door base and believe I got the call being the only person with this salesperson with a manual on order.

Pros:

1. Would be nice to drive something new while waiting who knows how long for my 2 door.
2. $5K over isn’t too bad. On trade-in I probably won’t lose too much.
3. Get to feel out a big bend/4 door and see if I want to change anything on my order.

Cons:
1. Big Bend 4 door is going to be pricier than my original build ($44k after ADM vs $36k)
2. He said I’m the only 6 speed and one of the few 2 doors at this dealer, not sure if that helps me get mine earlier, but driving this for only ~3 months might not be worth it.
3. I’m out of town for about 2 weeks, so signing would be done virtually and that’s not ideal.

Figured I’d post here and get some thoughts from the forum, thanks in advance!
Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s your choice to make but I wouldn’t do it, especially if you currently have a serviceable vehicle in good condition. This is an itch I wouldn’t scratch. Not worth the hassle just to get a “preview” of Bronco life.

Out of curiosity, what options does the Big Bend have that your build doesn’t that you’d like to see and decide if you want to change your order?

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why not? You might be waiting who knows how long. 5k over is nothing compared to most aside from ordering. If its something you might consider keeping I would do it. If I wasnt considerring keeping it I wouldnt. You might get in an accident etc. So thinking youre just going to sell it could turn sideways…..Just a pia to sell etc. I cant be bothered anymore with selling.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Given that 2-doors are highly constrained anyway and Feb '22 is seemingly near the mid-end of a very long line, I say +$5k is a cheap ticket to the front of the line.

If I had had a chance to buy a rig that was 85-90% similar to my original for $5k over ADM, and spare myself the year+ of waiting and screaming into the silence for any sort of progress, I would have done it that day.

Heck, I've had to spend at least $4k maintaining my old ride in the last year while waiting.

The biggest hold-up would have been 2 doors vs. 4, but when my 2D gets here there's always going to be tiny moments of doubt where I wished I would have had the extra room.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer just called me letting me know they have a 4 door 6 speed Big Bend potentially available if the customer doesn’t take delivery.
My order was made in February 2022 for a 2 door base and believe I got the call being the only person with this salesperson with a manual on order.

Pros:

1. Would be nice to drive something new while waiting who knows how long for my 2 door.
3. Get to feel out a big bend/4 door and see if I want to change anything on my order.

Cons:
1. Big Bend 4 door is going to be pricier than my original build ($44k after ADM vs $36k)
2. He said I’m the only 6 speed and one of the few 2 doors at this dealer, not sure if that helps me get mine earlier, but driving this for only ~3 months might not be worth it.
3. I’m out of town for about 2 weeks, so signing would be done virtually and that’s not ideal.

Definitely would go for it. No telling when yours will come in. And you can sell one of them when your order comes in. Maybe even make some extra cash in the process.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

few quick thoughts.

you are probably a year or more out. not a bad move if you really want one now. if your dd has good trade and offsets i'd do it.

as far as adms go not terrible.

i expect the market to be rough over the next few years. inflation, high rates, etc. assume this trickles down to auto and prices normalize. production will also ramp up over time with chip, shipping, and other improvements.

this means any adm may be washed by the time you trade/sell it. so not terrible but you may be a few grand off.

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2 cents- the car market has every sign that it will be cooling very quickly. As chips are becoming cheaper and very much more available, financial concerns are all over and a potential glut of new (expensive) cars are on the horizon- the “quick sell for a profit” mentality is likely coming to an end. If you don’t want to wait, I’d say buy it. But buy it to keep it vs as a temp car. You might still have to wait a year for your build (economy or not)- but that coupled with a loss on the trade wouldn’t seem ultra smart.

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Offer 2500 adm, let him think about it.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If lighting 5K on fire in your fireplace doesn't upset you then I still say no. You ordered a 2 door, why you consider a 4 door?

I'm also more risk adverse. There's a thread on here where a guys car has been in the shop for 6 months. Wrecking it a few weeks before you get the call that yours is in is just too much risk for me.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Countless Broncos of all trim levels listed for sale @ $70-$80k here in Salt Lake valley. Insane. Thought there would be a pull back but not in these parts. ADM sucks but $5k around here is a bargain.

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do it if you want to. But I don't think your dealer is doing you any favors.

I have a loaded Badlands order from Jan 2021 and Ford shows no signs of building it. I bought a Black Diamond 2.3 MID soft top to drive until my "real" Bronco comes. I paid MSRP and my dealer promises me that he'll give me my money back if I trade it for my Badlands.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Go and test drive it.

I ordered a 2-door, because the 4-door is really small and cramped in front due to the location of the B pillar. I know I would hate driving a 4-door even more than the car I am driving now, which was supposed to be for only 6 months, and is almost 18 now.

If you look at what Ford has schedualled to build in the next few weeks, they are building some 2-door base models (including in theory mine) all of which were ordered in the first few months of 2021. So, I figure you are probably 10 months or so out from getting your original order.

If the price is $5k over the MY21 price, that's only $2500 or so over the current MY22 price, and honestly probably within a couple hundred bucks of whatever price increase Ford is going to slap on the MY23. Also I woudln't expect any year to year price protection from Ford if you get bumped to MY23 since folks who ordered after March 19th 2021 didn't get any last year.

I have no idea how you managed to get a stick-shift 2-door base up to $36k though. (without Sasquatch)

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would gladly wait months to pay $8,000 less for the car I wanted. I wouldn’t count on being able to trade in or sell the 4 door without losing even more money. If you want to spend more money, add Sasquatch or winch or both but don’t flush money down the toilet.

Jason

Pros:

Cons:

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did something like this and it worked out for me. I bought in February with about $5k ADM and recently traded for my actual order. The dealer gave me enough over MSRP on the trade to even me up.

I did, however, buy from a dealer with low ADM and trade to a different dealer with high ADM.

That being said -- that strategy not work 6+ months from now. Hard to say.

I wouldn't do it unless you were willing to potentially keep the 4-door down the road. If you will be heartbroken without the 2-door, and are worried about the cash, then probably not the best idea.

I thought I wanted a 2-door until I spent some time in both. The 2-door looks cooler, but is arguably less practical in every other way (except for some types of serious offroading, maybe).

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kind of strange that they said 2020 MSRP sense the dealership does not sell it at 2020 MSRP but at 2022 MSRP and customers need to get the difference from Ford I was told by my dealership .I dont know what state you in but you need to add tax and if you not paying cash interest in and I think in a few years there be lots of used 4 doors non Sasquatch for sale and it might drive down the price so you might lose 10k or more on it by time you get your 2 door Bronco .
Sponsored