First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
My order was made in February 2022 for a 2 door base and believe I got the call being the only person with this salesperson with a manual on order.
I'd have a talk about allocations with your dealer first. The reason I say that is I placed an order for a 2-door Base with 2.7L on January 29, 2022 (which might as well be February), and I already have a build date. Chances are good that you may get a build date in the next couple of weeks.
Sponsored

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So you got a 6 speed not a 7 speed? I would go for it. I think you will see how much more room you have in the 4 door than the 2 door and can decide if the extra money is worth keeping it. The 2 doors and manuals seem to be taking the longest and at some point were only 20% of all production. I have a 2.3 7MT Big Bend and I absolutely love the amenities and stance.. The only thing I would have added is the signature lights and an extra usb on the top of the dash. I can get a tow package cheaper in the wild.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2 cents- the car market has every sign that it will be cooling very quickly. As chips are becoming cheaper and very much more available, financial concerns are all over and a potential glut of new (expensive) cars are on the horizon- the ā€œquick sell for a profitā€ mentality is likely coming to an end. If you donā€™t want to wait, Iā€™d say buy it. But buy it to keep it vs as a temp car. You might still have to wait a year for your build (economy or not)- but that coupled with a loss on the trade wouldnā€™t seem ultra smart.
yep you are right and there going be lots of 4 doors non sas on the used market because lot of people going upgrade to what the really wanted in the first place.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
NO!

There is no way that I would pay a premium for a 2.3 4 door Big Bend, period, especially when I ordered a 2 door. I wouldn't even trade my 2 door straight across for a 4 door first edition (or any other 4 door Bronco). The 2 door was everything I wanted and more!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The biggest hold-up would have been 2 doors vs. 4, but when my 2D gets here there's always going to be tiny moments of doubt where I wished I would have had the extra room.
That's why I have a trailer and a tow package... It has all the extra room I need, but only when I really need it.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would buy it, your going to wait and then run the risk of dirt mountain. I paid $5k ADM for my intrum Big Bend still looking at breaking even with nearly 3k miles and 5 months of ownership.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought I wanted a 2-door until I spent some time in both. The 2-door looks cooler, but is arguably less practical in every other way (except for some types of serious offroading, maybe).
2-door is easier to park in tight parking lots.
2-door is way more comfortable and roomy for a daily driver.
2-door weighs about 500 lbs less and gets (marginally) better MPG
2-door is obviously better for switchback trails due to the ridiculously short wheelbase.

4-door has a much better gas tank size
4-door will ride smoother on the highway.
4-door back seat is better if you routinely have more than one passenger.
4-door has more cargo room.

I wish Ford offered a 2-door on the 4-door frame.

The Big Bend the OP is considering is the cheapest possible build one can buy to get the stick shift on a 4-door. That's the only thing that makes it attractive. Probably the only reason it was ordered in the first place, because otherwise the Big Bend is a horrible deal since you are paying $4500 bucks for a leather wrapped steering wheel.

The big thing that would keep me from buying it is the stupid B-pillar jabbing me in the arm every time I drove it.

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the Big Bend is a horrible deal since you are paying $4500 bucks for a leather wrapped steering wheel.
Of course that is not true. You get decent 17" alloy wheels with tires that are a great compromise for mostly street use. There is also an extra grab handle, an extra GOAT mode, a different grill and LED fog lights.

Perhaps most importantly it opens up the mid-package which has a lot of good stuff, as well as the ability to add rear lockers, LED lighting, and more colors.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went through a similar situation, I have a 2dr OBX, 2.7, Lux, Adv4x4 on order and it looks like it will be pushed to '23. Last Nov my dealer called and said they have 2dr OBX 2.3, Mid Package, 4.27 rear locker abandoned order, offered it for MSRP. I jumped on it of course. The sales manager said it was corp policy to sell at MSRP and said even if it's not what you want you could drive it off the lot and sell it for $10k more. I just checked Carvana and even after 8 months and with almost 7k miles it's still holding at almost $10k more not to mentioned I've enjoyed every minute of the Bronco. One of the best decision I've made, I could be dead before my order ever comes in.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Go and test drive it.

I ordered a 2-door, because the 4-door is really small and cramped in front due to the location of the B pillar. I know I would hate driving a 4-door even more than the car I am driving now, which was supposed to be for only 6 months, and is almost 18 now.

If you look at what Ford has schedualled to build in the next few weeks, they are building some 2-door base models (including in theory mine) all of which were ordered in the first few months of 2021. So, I figure you are probably 10 months or so out from getting your original order.

I have no idea how you managed to get a stick-shift 2-door base up to $36k though. (without Sasquatch)
The b-pillar location has significant impact on the front seating comfort and driving experience imo. 2-door offers the most space for the front seats, so much so that I wouldn't keep the 4 door if it was gifted to me, I'd flip it and buy the 2-door without missing a beat.

The 4-door b-pillar location is for short people with narrow shoulders!

Sponsored

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealer to original buyer: ā€œI have a customer waiting to buy your Bronco at $5000 ADM if you donā€™t want to pay itā€. This might just be a leverage play to squeeze the original buyer.
$5000 isnā€™t the worst weā€˜ve seen, but it isnā€™t great, either. Unless you have plans for travel with more than two people, Iā€™d stay with the 2-door MT BB. I love mine.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer just called me letting me know they have a 4 door 6 speed Big Bend potentially available if the customer doesnā€™t take delivery.
Itā€™s a 2020 order, so $5k over from that yearā€™s MSRP.
My order was made in February 2022 for a 2 door base and believe I got the call being the only person with this salesperson with a manual on order.

Pros:

1. Would be nice to drive something new while waiting who knows how long for my 2 door.
2. $5K over isnā€™t too bad. On trade-in I probably wonā€™t lose too much.
3. Get to feel out a big bend/4 door and see if I want to change anything on my order.

Cons:
1. Big Bend 4 door is going to be pricier than my original build ($44k after ADM vs $36k)
2. He said Iā€™m the only 6 speed and one of the few 2 doors at this dealer, not sure if that helps me get mine earlier, but driving this for only ~3 months might not be worth it.
3. Iā€™m out of town for about 2 weeks, so signing would be done virtually and thatā€™s not ideal.

Figured Iā€™d post here and get some thoughts from the forum, thanks in advance!
Why would the original customer not take delivery? Because the dealer is trying to hit the customer with ADM, and is fishing for a backup ADM buyer? In that case I would not buy. That sort of thing is what makes the Bronco scene such rubbish these days.

Also do you have some real use right now for the Bronco functionalities, traveling some places where your current vehicle will not get you? Then it could make some sense to buy. Otherwise I wouldn't pay the 5k ADM for a play acting vehicle.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went through a similar situation, I have a 2dr OBX, 2.7, Lux, Adv4x4 on order and it looks like it will be pushed to '23. Last Nov my dealer called and said they have 2dr OBX 2.3, Mid Package, 4.27 rear locker abandoned order, offered it for MSRP. I jumped on it of course. The sales manager said it was corp policy to sell at MSRP and said even if it's not what you want you could drive it off the lot and sell it for $10k more. I just checked Carvana and even after 8 months and with almost 7k miles it's still holding at almost $10k more not to mentioned I've enjoyed every minute of the Bronco. One of the best decision I've made, I could be dead before my order ever comes in.
I am betting that you are pretty happy with it, being that it is a 2 door.

However, I know that you are going to love the Bronco you ordered much, much more... As I have a 2 door OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 with the Lux and Tow packages. I would not want anything less in the end... Despite the fact that the 2.3 mid package would be a tolerable stop-gap.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BTW, my local dealer in San Angelo has 2 Mannequins or used for sale on their lot, both gently used... LOL. šŸ˜‚

BOTH ARE 2 DOORS.

#1 - 2021 First Edition (owned by the dealer or someone there) school bus yellow (cyber orange). $100k

#2 - 2022 WildTrak in Eruption Green and a total bargain. $90k

Holy ADM, Batman! What the fuck are they smoking???

By their math, my 2021 OBX 2 door 2.7 with lux and tow should fetch about $75k

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To me it depends on your budget and how fiscally conservative you are. Some people spend way too much of their monthly budget on vehicles and toys, others are more conservative. Iā€™d do it in heartbeat for $5k over 2020 MSRP.
Sponsored