Sponsored

Buying A New Vehicle - Advice or Insight?

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can order the truck in December and not pay a cent until it arrives and you take it home. In other words, you can order it and if you don’t like the way it feels/drives etc when it arrives to your dealer, you can refuse delivery and the dealer will mark it up and probably sell it within the week.

Thanks, I was aware of that part, I probably worded my question wrong. I was wondering when you have to have your order in by? What is the cut off date for delivery?

Gonna be out of the country on a job around then, may have to do it online.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Walk in a whole person, leave minus arm and leg .
Its hard to get anything over on them they are trained to get the best deal for themselves.

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Based on your reservation position, Ford will send you a communication with a time window for you to complete your order (I have no clue of the window duration) at which time you can assess your options
I had a Sport reservation that Ford automatically converted to an “order”. When I contacted dealer, they said they would be reaching out to reservation holders that Monday/Tuesday. Got the “order” confirmation email on Saturday FYI. Assume it will be about the same process for the bug Bronco

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m talking about the Ford Motor Co extended warranty, not any of the phoney baloney warranties. For example, As with a Honda factory backed warranty if you wait until a couple of years and 20,000 miles, you are eligible for all plans but you will pay a higher price than if you bought it in 4 months and 5,000 miles on the odometer. You are right in the fact that it is the original sales date and the original odometer at time of sale that dictates the warranty terms

Last edited:
OP
OP
dapperdanny

dapperdanny

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stephens Auto appears to be about 5 hours from you. Between them and Granger you have transparent pricing. Check out the Stephens Auto Center plan thread under reservations.
Good luck
Yea I saw that. I'm guessing they are doing that because it will attract more buyers to their dealership? I've read (on the internet, so take it with a grain of salt of course haha) that extended periods of highway driving is not good for a new car. Something about the piston rings. So not sure how I would feel about driving a brand new car 5 hours right out of the box. Thoughts?

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I saw that. I'm guessing they are doing that because it will attract more buyers to their dealership? I've read (on the internet, so take it with a grain of salt of course haha) that extended periods of highway driving is not good for a new car. Something about the piston rings. So not sure how I would feel about driving a brand new car 5 hours right out of the box. Thoughts?
Interesting article that I found a few years ago and hung onto...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-new-vehicle-break-in-process.4283/

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have a limited window to order before you get passed over, but they haven’t given specific timeframes. You’d have to find another person that bought one and convince them to let you drive it because dealers aren’t getting any stock for inventory until after reservations are built, according to Ford, which could be a very long time.
We will have mannequin models out...full production vehicles, but they will be at the dealerships after December most likely...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Freight and delivery costs are usually half of what they state.
What freight are you referring to?

The freight on the vehicle window sticker is exactly the same cost on the invoice...

We do not get any discount on the freight of the vehicle...

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Sport reservation that Ford automatically converted to an “order”. When I contacted dealer, they said they would be reaching out to reservation holders that Monday/Tuesday. Got the “order” confirmation email on Saturday FYI. Assume it will be about the same process for the bug Bronco
What do you mean automatically converted to order from reservation..?
How does that work?
You weren’t allowed to make any changes?

our bronco reservations have very little info to be converted to orders?

@Granger Ford can you share any thoughts on the ordering process as far as you see it so far from your end?

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will have mannequin models out...full production vehicles, but they will be at the dealerships after December most likely...
Good to know. Will those be demo only, not for sale? Seemed like Ford was intent on building reservation units only.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does that work?

@Granger Ford can you share any thoughts on the ordering process as far as you see it so far from your end?
We at the dealership can convert it into an order when we want...I have 2 Bronco Sports that we have not converted yet as we are Ironing out the details with them on options and availability...

If we push the button to convert it will send it to Ford on the next build cycle...

It also locks the $100 deposit to the dealership...

That is why they give until 10/31/2020 to select a dealership before we can lock them I would surmise..

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know. Will those be demo only, not for sale? Seemed like Ford was intent on building reservation units only.

They will build the mannequins first to sort out the assembly line and then the reservations...

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How does that work?

It converted to an order automatically before even speaking with the dealer. If I had followed through with the Sport i would still have been able to make changes to trim/options
Sponsored