First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
in the interior pictures i have seen it appears there might be a nice spot to mount a small transceiver above the sun shade. larger radios you could probably just mount the control head up there or on the accessory rail on the dash. Also above the windshield there is a cap on the left and right hand sides. Mounting points for a roof rack. looks like a good place for an NMO mount. and it wouldn't be to hard to use a folding mount, roll the window down and fold the antenna over to the right for getting under low hanging branches. all without getting out of the vehicle.

kmonares

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also on the cowling where the mirrors are attached there are accessory bolt holes. good spot for CB or HF antenna mount. this is all assuming you dont want to mount those to a roof rack.
im wondering where a good spot to be to mount tranceivers with remote heads. Cant really tell from pictures but there may be room up under the dash or even under the removable floor behind the back seat. Hand held speaker mic/control head would be the bees knees to keep the dash area clean. i have an APX8500 with an 03 control head thats will be the perfect candidate

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Texas Bronco What did you have in mind for Ham radios that look like CBs? Brands, models, etc. Plus, where were you thinking of mounting them? From your OP, it seems like you already have put some thought into it. While I'm definitely going to put an Amateur Radio in mine, I haven't really thought about it too much yet.

I may reuse a radio or buy a new one for it.

Love to hear your thoughts.

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m used to our public safety radios, is there a CB that has a remote mount face? Think it could then theoretically mount on the accessory rail above the dash.

Sponsored

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe the Uniden CMX760 or the Cobra 75WXST might be similar.

Also the Uniden Bearcat is a full size radio, but your can mount it in the back of your vehicle because it has a wireless microphone. Uniden claims 100 yard range with their DECT Technology.
Thank you. That CMX760 seems like a solid option.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a licensed HAM but I really enjoy the export radio's that look like CB's. They are HAM radio's but can usually easily convert to cb bands and many more. Sometimes without having to solder any wires.

To the point, I think I'm going to have to mount the antenna to the spare tire like Jeep owners.

If anyone has any questions on good radios, install ideas or antennas I can steer you in the right direction.

I have been looking into radios for the last year os so, but have been turned off by the fact that no single unit can cover all the bands that I want. Your post intrigues me, I would definitely be interested if a good ham unit can substitute several others.

Location may be tricky... with these interior dimensions, I hoping that there will be a good spot on the visor for the transceiver. The antenna is a whole other issue...

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My HAM radio is the Yaesu ftm 400.
That is my favorite radio. The APRS features are the best part of it. I don't use Fusion either, I use my Anytone for DMR (digital) comms.
Sponsored