Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger will give you a temp tag to get you back to NY, not sure how many days it's valid but that's the $45 fee.
Figured that was the case, just was looking to save a few bucks as the NY one is $12.50 but that’s just if you’re driving within the state or taking the car out of the state.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Back in the day, Albert talked to me about including sales tax for my local county into my financing. He stated it was possible for them to do, but it involved them cutting you a check after the deal was completed, so you'd handle the payment on your own when you returned home. The way it sounded, they weren't going to be handling the tax payment to your local DMV/county tax collector, that is on the out of state buyer.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How are folks getting transport to Granger from the airport? Cab? Uber? Bus? Shuttle? Other??
I had to Uber because it was on a Saturday and they don't have the staff to run a shuttle. About $45 plus tip.

Do you know the hours they are open? I was told they are open 9-12 on Saturdays. Just a warning.
I think it was 9-1 to catch Samantha but I was able to pick it up closer to 3 due to flight delays. The dealership is open until 5 on Saturday.

The process was seamless. Ford even allowed the $2500 order modification rebate on top of the $3645 price protection rebate even though I never modified the order. After all this, I'll take all the credits Ford cares to apply!

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in the day, Albert talked to me about including sales tax for my local county into my financing. He stated it was possible for them to do, but it involved them cutting you a check after the deal was completed, so you'd handle the payment on your own when you returned home. The way it sounded, they weren't going to be handling the tax payment to your local DMV/county tax collector, that is on the out of state buyer.

Got at F150 Tremor from them last October since my DD was dying. Granger provides a transit tag. Once you have the title (?) you can register at DMV. At that point you your local state and county taxes.

Heads up if you are in CA: you will need to weigh your vehicle and do a smog check. Generally, these are both done/provided by your dealership directly to the DMV. Both are needed before the DMV does the inspection that is mostly CARB based. From what the DMV person said, despite most vehicles being 50 state compliant, that is not always the case. Also, be prepared to pay with a check, otherwise the credit card fees are tacked on to the taxes.

As a side note, I had surprisingly nice interactions with the DMV. Due to the different steps required, I had to go in/out of the DMV 3 times in the same day. Despite that, doing the weigh station, and getting a smog check done, the whole process was only 4 hours. This time I will get the weight cert and smog done before I go in and should be done in a straight shot.

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've moved on from Indiana and am somewhere in my home state, Missouri. I have no clue what the town name is. That robo-voice is hard to decipher. Been handed off to BNSF. Assuming Omaha is the next stop, but maybe the backup has forced a different route.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've moved on from Indiana and am somewhere in my home state, Missouri. I have no clue what the town name is. That robo-voice is hard to decipher. Been handed off to BNSF. Assuming Omaha is the next stop, but maybe the backup has forced a different route.
Kansas City, Kansas is probably next. That is where my railcar is currently sitting.

I started marking all the cities on the route, and it is a pretty straight shot from Chicago (Gibson Railyard in Hammond, IN) to KC.

And then I guess we then go north to Omaha. 🤷‍♀️

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like another truck has landed at Granger this time with my Bronco on it!
Curious, how do you know when “your” truck/transport has reached Granger? Is there a tracker for that as well or does Granger just confirm directly? All I can tell is that my vehicle was offloaded from railcar (I think), but nothing more.

BroncoJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious, how do you know when “your” truck/transport has reached Granger? Is there a tracker for that as well or does Granger just confirm directly? All I can tell is that my vehicle was offloaded from railcar (I think), but nothing more.
I'm only going off of the Ford site. It just switched to Final Prep so im assuming its there. I haven't heard from granger yet but will wait until they reach out.

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know why I was optimistic the price of my Bronco would be close to what I was expecting right off the bat. Just heard from Shelby and there’s a $4000 price delta between what I had anticipated and what I was told. Maybe invoice discounts weren’t calculated yet or the full discount from Ford isn’t in but far from what I anticipated.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don’t know why I was optimistic the price of my Bronco would be close to what I was expecting right off the bat. Just heard from Shelby and there’s a $4000 price delta between what I had anticipated and what I was told. Maybe invoice discounts weren’t calculated yet or the full discount from Ford isn’t in but far from what I anticipated.
Should be very straight forward. Follow the price protection worksheet and subtract that from the current build sheet.

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my Assembly line photo! Cant wait till it arrives at Granger!!!

image.jpg
Where did you find this pic? Did Ford upload it your account or send you an email or something? Mine is built and being transported but I don't remember seeing an assembly line pic.

Dquimby9

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where did you find this pic? Did Ford upload it your account or send you an email or something? Mine is built and being transported but I don't remember seeing an assembly line pic.
They sent me an email yesterday with a link to download the pic.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be very straight forward. Follow the price protection worksheet and subtract that from the current build sheet.
Does price protection not equal what your original price of the Bronco should have been? Just looking at a signed sheet I sent them from ‘21 and I’m seeing a large gap between that and what the price protection would equal out to.
Sponsored