Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is actually a very nice story, and through the recent grim days months and years, this just made my day a little bit happier. We need more stories like this.

Not to promote, but a page I follow in Instagram, @TanksGoodNews has nothing but good news each day, every day. If anyone needs a dose of happy news daily, I highly recommend it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats!​
I've had my '21 OBX since Halloween morning of 2021. My wife has only driven it once, but might love it more than I do.​
The real funny thing is, when she drives my '92 EB FSB to work (she teaches at a continuation HS), she is a rock star with the kids as she pulls into the parking lot. She actually hates driving that ride, as she is so tired of people asking if it's for sale. Maybe I need a sign for the back window - NOT For Sale, lol.​
Anyways, have fun with your new toy!​
You must have a awesome wife, such a tough job. I teach in a juvenile detention center so I know how hard her job can be. I have to say I am a bit jealous of her getting to drive a 92 FSB to work everyday. If you ever decide to sale it just let me know :cool: Congrats on your OBX and have fun in that 92 Full Size.

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You must have a awesome wife, such a tough job. I teach in a juvenile detention center so I know how hard her job can be. I have to say I am a bit jealous of her getting to drive a 92 FSB to work everyday. If you ever decide to sale it just let me know :cool: Congrats on your OBX and have fun in that 92 Full Size.

I'm sure we both have awesome wives, BUT... believe me... I don't let my wife use my '92 as a daily driver, lol (her DD is a Mazda 3).

To be sure, you both have tough jobs. My last assignment in the LA County Sheriff's Dept was as the Watch Sergeant at the largest jail facility in the US of A. When one of her students was missing for a few days, she would shoot me the student's name in an e-mail, and about 7 times out of 10, my response would be - I've got him here (the daily population was running around 10K).

But, as for how cool my wife is... I sold my '92 FSB in 2000. Trying to shorten what is a long story, I ran across the window sticker for my '92 in 2014 when cleaning out my garage. I told her I missed that hoop, and wished I still had it. Her response was - if you can find it, you should try to get it back. I'm not sure if she was being really honest or not, but that was a big mistake if she wasn't. As someone who spent 15 years as an auto theft Detective, I know how to find a car, lol. I found it outside of Denver in no time flat, before it turned into a rust bucket. About 30 days after she uttered her challenge, the same FSB I purchased in '92 was back in my driveway. It still had the impressions from my kiddos car seats in the foam of the backseat!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife “Megan” and I have been married for over 20 years, soon to be empty nesters “Son is going into his last year of high school and our daughter has 3 years until she’s off to collage”. Our conversation of late has revolved around what we will do when our kids are off to college, well actually I talked more about when “if ever, day 2 reservation” will I get my Bronco. She was so tired of hearing me complaining about the Bronco or yelling look there’s a Bronco parked over there, let’s go check it out (-;

Then “finally” over Memorial Day weekend we picked up our baby at Chapmen Ford of Horsham PA “Great dealership highly recommended”. She was more excited than I was. After picking her up we had to drive 6+ hours home to Maine. On our way home we talked about all the things we can do and places we can go with our Bronco. Dreaming about overlanding with friends we do not do campgrounds, but overlanding hell yea. Holding hands and grinning all the way home like two kid in puppy love. We switched drivers every couple hour’s and not one argument “a first for us”. It was almost like we have just fallen in love. The Bronco is bringing us closer together with a renew purpose to our lives. Who knew a Bronco could bring a long-storied relationship closer together?

Sorry for the long post about my wife, my Bronco and myself but I had to share it with someone, so why not B6G? I’ve been reading about everyone’s Broncos for over a year, now it’s my turn ;)

Thanks for listening.

1654013088782.png

Me picking up my 2 door BL, Squatched, 2.3 M/T, Lux, CG
1654013150989.png

My first MOD :)
1654013232352.png

Frist dirt with a friend
1654013329869.png

My beautiful wife loving the Bronco
1654012968450.png

Having fun at Kennebunk Beach
Nice! I know the memories you speak of, having raised my kids in two "Big Broncos" in the 1990's. Smart you have no usable back seat! But . . . you sure you can count on the kids actually leaving home?!!?🤣

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, the Bronco was going to be a 21st wedding anniversary present, but she didn't stick around while the Bronco was delayed.

So me and my Lab are enjoying it......

20211203_151432.jpg

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heck yes a Bronco can do that! Our kids aren’t gone yet one starting high school next year and the other 8th grade. We got my bronco in January and instantly the conversations started. We used to go camp just the two of us and a tent when we first dated, moved on to campers, fifth wheels. Sold it all in January got the Bronco and started talking adventure again. Then she liked mine so much we just got hers last Wednesday. I haven’t seen her so excited about a vehicle or anything else in a long time. We are definitely like two kids in high school all over again. We took mine to the sand dunes two weeks ago and taking hers to an off road orv park this a Saturday.
it definitely fanned the spark back into a flame. Enjoy it, say yes and go on adventures. We aren’t promised tomorrow so live and love while you can. Neither of us got hard tops but a roof top tent would be about the only reason I’d want one.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife “Megan” and I have been married for over 20 years, soon to be empty nesters “Son is going into his last year of high school and our daughter has 3 years until she’s off to collage”. Our conversation of late has revolved around what we will do when our kids are off to college, well actually I talked more about when “if ever, day 2 reservation” will I get my Bronco. She was so tired of hearing me complaining about the Bronco or yelling look there’s a Bronco parked over there, let’s go check it out (-;

Then “finally” over Memorial Day weekend we picked up our baby at Chapmen Ford of Horsham PA “Great dealership highly recommended”. She was more excited than I was. After picking her up we had to drive 6+ hours home to Maine. On our way home we talked about all the things we can do and places we can go with our Bronco. Dreaming about overlanding with friends we do not do campgrounds, but overlanding hell yea. Holding hands and grinning all the way home like two kid in puppy love. We switched drivers every couple hour’s and not one argument “a first for us”. It was almost like we have just fallen in love. The Bronco is bringing us closer together with a renew purpose to our lives. Who knew a Bronco could bring a long-storied relationship closer together?

Sorry for the long post about my wife, my Bronco and myself but I had to share it with someone, so why not B6G? I’ve been reading about everyone’s Broncos for over a year, now it’s my turn ;)

Thanks for listening.

Ford Bronco Can a Bronco rekindle a 20+ year relationship? 20211203_151432

Frist dirt with a friend

Hard to tell when you were talking about your wife or the truck, or were you not talking about your wife and just the truck?? Hmmmmmmmmmm!!

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Girls look hotter, driving a Bronco with the top down!... : )

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for listening.

Frist dirt with a friend

hell yeah lets go!!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is absolutely possible.
Why not?
Think about it.
Life is busy, hectic, demanding.
You and your wife spend years building a home, raising a family, doing the best you can for the family as a whole. It is quite normal and reasonable for two people to lose some of that individuality you brought into the relationship when you were younger.

People change, life itself can wear ya down, and the world has not exactly been sunshine and rainbows for many years now, so that adds to the "grind".

We are in a similar boat. 5 kids, one now 23, one a junior in college, another a freshman, one finishing her Junior year in High School, and one going into her Sophomore year in HS.
So it definitely will come all too fast.

Since getting the Bronco (and the REAL reason I wanted it) we have been on several family adventures we would not have been able to before, and she and I are talking about overlanding trips for the two of us, starting to plan now for what we will do in a few years, taking advantage of time as we can alone now, and as a larger picture, Taking a giant cross-country several-week trip, avoiding 4 lanes and/or pavement as much as possible.
I am happier and she is happier overall.

Is it because of the Bronco? Nah.
The Bronco is a catalyst and a tool that creates the opportunity for any and all of us to reconnect with the slower side of life, where the pavement ends and getting back to simpler, calmer times take us.
By default when you unplug from the world and focus on living in the moment and soaking in nature, things generally get better and you feel your stress level decrease, all the things you sacrificed and worked hard for many years to get to finally start to come around again.

Best of luck and well-wishes. Keep on rekindling that spark, keep on the dirt roads. Have a blast!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is absolutely possible.
Why not?
Think about it.
Life is busy, hectic, demanding.
You and your wife spend years building a home, raising a family, doing the best you can for the family as a whole. It is quite normal and reasonable for two people to lose some of that individuality you brought into the relationship when you were younger.

People change, life itself can wear ya down, and the world has not exactly been sunshine and rainbows for many years now, so that adds to the "grind".

We are in a similar boat. 5 kids, one now 23, one a junior in college, another a freshman, one finishing her Junior year in High School, and one going into her Sophomore year in HS.
So it definitely will come all too fast.

Since getting the Bronco (and the REAL reason I wanted it) we have been on several family adventures we would not have been able to before, and she and I are talking about overlanding trips for the two of us, starting to plan now for what we will do in a few years, taking advantage of time as we can alone now, and as a larger picture, Taking a giant cross-country several-week trip, avoiding 4 lanes and/or pavement as much as possible.
I am happier and she is happier overall.

Is it because of the Bronco? Nah.
The Bronco is a catalyst and a tool that creates the opportunity for any and all of us to reconnect with the slower side of life, where the pavement ends and getting back to simpler, calmer times take us.
By default when you unplug from the world and focus on living in the moment and soaking in nature, things generally get better and you feel your stress level decrease, all the things you sacrificed and worked hard for many years to get to finally start to come around again.

Best of luck and well-wishes. Keep on rekindling that spark, keep on the dirt roads. Have a blast!
Very well written, you just put into words what I wanted to put into words, thank you. I hope you , your wife and your family have many great adventures in the future. Enjoy your Bronco and enjoy life (-;

OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck yes a Bronco can do that! Our kids aren’t gone yet one starting high school next year and the other 8th grade. We got my bronco in January and instantly the conversations started. We used to go camp just the two of us and a tent when we first dated, moved on to campers, fifth wheels. Sold it all in January got the Bronco and started talking adventure again. Then she liked mine so much we just got hers last Wednesday. I haven’t seen her so excited about a vehicle or anything else in a long time. We are definitely like two kids in high school all over again. We took mine to the sand dunes two weeks ago and taking hers to an off road orv park this a Saturday.
it definitely fanned the spark back into a flame. Enjoy it, say yes and go on adventures. We aren’t promised tomorrow so live and love while you can. Neither of us got hard tops but a roof top tent would be about the only reason I’d want one.
Amen Brother, Love & Live life to the fullest while you can!

OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, the Bronco was going to be a 21st wedding anniversary present, but she didn't stick around while the Bronco was delayed.

So me and my Lab are enjoying it......

[/QUOTE
Looks like you got the best or it. The Bronco and the lab. What a great partner to go on adventures with, and she or he doesn't talk back (-; Good luck to you two, some fun days are in your future :)

OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! I know the memories you speak of, having raised my kids in two "Big Broncos" in the 1990's. Smart you have no usable back seat! But . . . you sure you can count on the kids actually leaving home?!!?🤣
Hell no, they'll be back after collage, but we may out in Utah some ware :sneaky:

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Offering new floors in my house, is a panty droppa!
Sponsored