Sponsored

Can I add a package and not have the MSRP increase?

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an order (no VIN) for an OBX with High package and have a bill of sale listing the older price. Thinking about upgrading to Lux package, I know changing trims updates the MSRP of the bronco itself, is it the same thing for packages or can I add Lux and keep the lower price I had?
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am assuming you have an agreed upon price and not an actual bill of sale (which transfers legal ownership in part or in full). If my assumption is correct, you can negotiate with the dealer all you like, however Ford's most recent email to me is quite clear that you will be subjecting yourself to the increased costs of the 2022.5MY pricing. Sadly, I would opine it would cost you the mid-term price increase plus the cost to upgrade from high to lux as I doubt a dealer would eat that.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OTOH, I am assuming you qualify for price protection based on being an early reservation and order being held due to constraints. My assumption all along was you could add/edit and still receive price protection on the things that did not change from original order - this you would pay full current when built price of Lux

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was an 8/27/20 reservation holder and have a 2/15/21 order date and I wanted to make some minor changes to my order. I dropped the $875. mod bumper and switched from the tube steps to the removable hoop steps (same price) and my new invoice still reflected the new 22.5 model year price (+$2,000.). I contacted my sales rep who assured me I would get a $2,000. rebate from Ford when I pick up my Wildtrak. So any change to an original order will reflect the new price increase.

There's a whole lot of "if's and's or but's" in Ford's explanations of what items will cause you to pay the new prices or not.

Bronco Order Holder Frequently Asked Questions (ford.com)

OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was an 8/27/20 reservation holder and have a 2/15/21 order date and I wanted to make some minor changes to my order. I dropped the $875. mod bumper and switched from the tube steps to the removable hoop steps (same price) and my new invoice still reflected the new 22.5 model year price (+$2,000.). I contacted my sales rep who assured me I would get a $2,000. rebate from Ford when I pick up my Wildtrak. So any change to an original order will reflect the new price increase.

There's a whole lot of "if's and's or but's" in Ford's explanations of what items will cause you to pay the new prices or not.

Thanks, I'd rather not mess around with the order then so I don't get any surprises on delivery

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You qualify for the price protection. You contact Ford and they will provide you with a certificate number once they validate ( over the phone) you are qualified. That certificate number is what you provide to the dealer when you go to take delivery. This adjusts your final price to MY 21. However, if you add options that were not available for MY 21, you pay the current price for that option. Simply put, if you built your Bronco with the MY 21 B&P , the price for that model with the options selected is what your MSRP will be. I just did all this this past weekend.

OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You qualify for the price protection. You contact Ford and they will provide you with a certificate number once they validate ( over the phone) you are qualified. That certificate number is what you provide to the dealer when you go to take delivery. This adjusts your final price to MY 21. However, if you add options that were not available for MY 21, you pay the current price for that option. Simply put, if you built your Bronco with the MY 21 B&P , the price for that model with the options selected is what your MSRP will be. I just did all this this past weekend.
I didnt have a reservation, I ordered early February before the prices went up in March. Do I have price protection or is that only for reservation holders?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didnt have a reservation, I ordered early February before the prices went up in March. Do I have price protection or is that only for reservation holders?
One had to either have an order or reservation as of March 19 2021 in order to qualify for the FORD price lock.

OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One had to either have an order or reservation as of March 19 2021 in
order to qualify for the FORD price lock.
Alright, guess I'm dticking with High package and upgrading the stereo later down the road, stereo was the only thing that interested me from Lux

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While the OP does qualify, the rest of your post is pushing some erroneous information and you may want to delete it and never post it again to avoid people mistakenly counting on it.

The 'certificate' is completely generated internally between Ford and (your) dealer(s). There is no verification process on the phone, there is nothing you have to present to the dealer, and it has nothing to do with any option changes. You get a rebate for the MSRP difference between the model you had ordered in October of '21 and that same model at time of delivery (through 2023). You can use that rebate for any model other than a Raptor or, presumably, Everglades. Any option changes pre-3/7/22 are moot as they did not increase in price, so it works out the same.

For the OP, the relevant Ford info is below;

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my price protection amount?
For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels. See your dealer for further details on changing your order after the March 7, 2022, cutoff. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, price protection will carry over to the 2023 MY. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

as you can clearly see in the fourth sentence from the end is that changing from High to Lux will subject the OP to the mid-year price hike. He will still get the original rebate, but only for the hike between 2021 and 2022, he will eat the mid-year 2022.5 hike. So that $2500ish increase for Lux becomes a practical $4500 increase depending on model and rounding.

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While the OP does qualify, the rest of your post is pushing some erroneous information and you may want to delete it and never post it again to avoid people mistakenly counting on it.

The 'certificate' is completely generated internally between Ford and (your) dealer(s). There is no verification process on the phone, there is nothing you have to present to the dealer, and it has nothing to do with any option changes. You get a rebate for the MSRP difference between the model you had ordered in October of '21 and that same model at time of delivery (through 2023). You can use that rebate for any model other than a Raptor or, presumably, Everglades. Any option changes pre-3/7/22 are moot as they did not increase in price, so it works out the same.

For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels. See your dealer for further details on changing your order after the March 7, 2022, cutoff. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, price protection will carry over to the 2023 MY. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

as you can clearly see in the fourth sentence from the end is that changing from High to Lux will subject the OP to the mid-year price hike. He will still get the original rebate, but only for the hike between 2021 and 2022, he will eat the mid-year 2022.5 hike. So that $2500ish increase for Lux becomes a practical $4500 increase depending on model and rounding.

Just an FYI, any new window sticker that is created after 3/14/22 will represent MY22.5 pricing regardless of order/reservation date. He would need a reservation or order before March 19th 2021 to qualify for the full price protection. TO the OP, That is 2021 not 2022. (Not exactly sure what year OP ordered)

If the OP ordered in 2022, then he will get price protection but only if he does not change is order anymore. Once he changes it he loses MY22 pricing.

Price Protection

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright, guess I'm dticking with High package and upgrading the stereo later down the road, stereo was the only thing that interested me from Lux
I we

Well go to the dealer when your Bronco arrives and watch what the PO MSRP will be if YOU do not mention the price lock. Go ahead and rely on your dealer being in touch with Ford as it pertains to the price lock. I contacted Ford and was provided MY certificate number. At the dealership when they presented me with the PO, it was for a MY 22 build price. I handed them the certificate number and they created the PO that reflected my MSRP for MY 21. At a minimum it saved time. Furthermore, if one adds options that did not exist when they were price locked, they pay the current price.
Sponsored