indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered with Chapman Ford of Horsham for $1500 off MSRP plus tax/tags & $422 pa doc.

Our plan was to retire to South America in about 7 years so the Bronco would hopefully be our last car. Priorities have changed and we might move sooner and become remote workers abroad so we don't care much about a new vehicle anymore. What we have will likely last a few more years.

The Bronco will likely get sold quick so a few thousands over $40k will move us away from buying.
Timing is everything. Bronco would have been some fun a couple years ago. But now we're looking at moving to Europe earliest next year. No Broncos there, but will be happy for access to older Defenders.

It's too bad for a number of reasons, Bronco has taken so long to get here. I would have enjoyed it exploring mountain trails the past many years, thank god we had Jeep.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I lose price protection, then I am out. I have been waiting way too long to have to pay more. Ford needs to honor their agreement.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm locked in at $1500 below MSRP and have a signed agreement that my dealer will honor my price even if I get pushed into '23. Interest rates are really no concern for me. The problem for me is losing CO. I keep trying to like another color but they’re just all a big personal let down compared to CO. I'll probably pick a random color and flip the Bronco whenever i get it, in the mean time I'm looking for a used CO close to my build that would be a break even deal for me when i sell the ordered Bronco.
I'm not going as far as flipping my Bronco, but I'm in the same boat regarding CO. It's such a shame, the only color I really want above anything else. Buying a brand new car and not getting it exactly as I wanted is a bummer. EG or VB here I come (begrudgingly).

OP
OP
Newdoc

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I become concerned about the quality value for $$ proposition. No doubt the Bronco will hold it’s price value but do I want to spend $x more for a suspect hardtop with a cheap plastic interior (in spots) with suspect overall quality out of the gate? If the Bronco didn’t fit such a niche then I would have been out for sure by the end of the year. If I don’t get scheduled by January then I will order something else and see who wins.

And with a much higher in price increase, the higher trimmed Broncos will start bumping into high end trucks, loaded Wranglers and even entry level luxury vehicles.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks when my Bronco arrives at the dealership.

I'm already $800 over my original MSRP since according to Ford, some reservation holders are more special than others.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My understanding is that if you have a current order that has not yet been assigned a VIN, then you will get a "private offer" from Ford to cover the increase between your order price and the new price increase.
Why would Ford do that for MY23 when they didn't do it for MY22? Some reservation holders might get it, but it will only be the ones that got MY22 protection. If you are a walk-in order, or a reservation holder after 19 March 2021, expect to get stabbed in the back again.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks when my Bronco arrives at the dealership.

I'm already $800 over my original MSRP since according to Ford, some reservation holders are more special than others.
Plus the aux switches went up $50 and any thing else added.

I started with just a base too, but with the aux switches, so my non PP went up $850. But after KOH and other events, I've added Sasquatch (wasn't even available w/ man when ordered) thinking if I get it MY22 the value is there. I figure with up coming price increases and I suspect Ford is leaning towards taking less custom orders for MY23 so they can just get caught up and get some dealer stock out, that MY21 & MY22 will be the more optioned builds than MY23 and maybe part of if not all of MY24 even.

Making ours all the better if we get them... come-on schedule out Oct already!

Your base will be very rare if they produce a bunch of 4 door BB softies. A 2 door base manual, will be very rare.

Last edited:

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealership told me no markups when I first ordered my Bronco. My build week is 9/5 so we'll find out soon enough!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plus the aux switches went up $50 and any thing else added.
Didn't realize that. Ok, so I should pay $850 over my DORA. Plus Ford snuck in another $100 increase by adding it to the delivery fee a couple months ago. I don't think the retail price protection will cover that either.

Only other thing I added was paint, but HPR is the same price as Rapid Red was.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not paying over MSRP for anything. Never have, never will.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Find a family member who can get the X-Plan through work. Im getting mine for $1500 below MSRP. You used to be able to negotiate better deals, but in this market its hugely valuable.
Most dealerships not taking FordX-plan and can just sigh up Mustang Club of America for 25 bucks and get X plan

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well TBH if Ford doesn't offer price protection for rolling over to a 2023 I might be out already. I qualify for the early 2022 price protection. I did a change on my build a few weeks ago. The changes would have come to $595 over what it was. Because of the mid year price increase my updated DORA showed and increase of $2600 more. So before 2023 increases I'm already $2000 more than I was originally going to pay. My build is a Big Bend Sasquatch auto with mid, hardtop, signature lighting, switches and tow. I could drop the Sasquatch package and get the price down. But then I lose advance which I really want. And is only available on the BB with Sasquatch. But doing that would make me lose price protection anyway.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has that other company been increasing MSRP at the same rate?

My hard limit was 50k out the door, I wouldn't have been able to do this configuration if I hadn't gotten a 21 (or price protection had I been bumped).
If you are talking about Jeep they are worse. My 2021 Gladiator had an MSRP of $49,750

Exact build 2022: $55,470
Exact build 2023: $57,030

A $7300 increase in two years. That is insane!!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prices are going up across the board on all vehicles due to inflation and other issues. People have proven to the manufacturers that they are willing to pay ADM on anything in a tough market, so the sky is the limit. One of the standard model 1500 Silverados I buy for work went from $45K MSRP in 2021 to $52K in 2023. My Lightning Pro build would be $7805 more as a 2023. My 2021 Badlands was $47K, I’m guessing the 2023 will be in the $53K range.

At the end of the day the people who have been waiting the longest could have a pile of money saved for this purchase, so the larger down would offset the payment differences of the higher MSRP. When I ordered my Bronco I started setting aside my expected payment monthly. 512 days later I had made $11K in payments into my “Bronco” account that I used for a down payment.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
im set on the cheapest 4 door, sasquatch, manual trans. Even if bronco prices go up, im most likely still getting mine with how crazy expensive truck prices have become. The Bronco is still the only option for me, unless jeep can make their wranglers safer with side air bags and no paint corrosion issues
Sponsored