Sponsored

Realistically, when will you be able to walk into a dealer and buy msrp?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm more optimistic than others. Mainly because: there are only so many dentists that want a Bronco, the supply of Broncos is steadily increasing, and several competing 4x4 manufacturers are near full production.

My rough guess is that when most 1st year reservations are fulfilled, we will be near market saturation; as enthusiasts and dentists will already have one, and potential buyers/impulse buyers will have multiple 4x4 options as leverage against Ford.
Dentists, lol. True though, there are only so many big spenders who might want a new Bronco, and dealers will eventually burn through those guys.

At some point, the Bronco will (hopefully) be a mass produced vehicle. Also the newness factor will reside, and some folks who have no real use for the key functionalities, will realize the downsides of having bought a ladder frame high clearance and somewhat noisy 4x4 for exclusive pavement use.

As a fan of open top 4x4s though, I desperately want the Bronco to be a long term success for Ford. And that requires some dentists and such buying Broncos, to help subsidize the off-road and utility type buyers.
Sponsored

Reactions: LCW

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the fact that Ford has essentially locked some reservationists into years long waits means some of those folks will pay a premium (as they are relative super-fans and don't want to wait any more), that will tend to extend the ADM time for those dealers that have units.
I touched on this in another thread. When sales start to slow Ford can then turn to the die hard reservation holders for needed sales.
I'm not saying that sales are going to nosedive suddenly, but this is a good strategy for Ford if it does.

What could cause a nosedive? I think the most likely scenario is inflation causing interest rate hikes making car loans much more expensive and higher gas prices will drive a lot of buyers away.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

People who typically drive those cars are trying to make a statement. I also had a Porsche 911 because it was a lifetime dream of mine, but it quickly got old because it was my daily driver. Remember, the number one vehicle driven by millionaires is the Ford F-150. They have nothing to prove and no one to impress.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bloomberg just reported that Ford intends to add another ten to twenty billion to their already announced thirty billion, for EV development. They also suggested Ford may spin off their lower volume EV's. Ford's CEO, Jim Farley, is enamored by Tesla. Could all these changes also result in the way Ford sells their vehicles? We'll have to wait and see, but I think the car business is about to be turned on its head.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the guy who paid $75k cash made the worse financial decision assuming the financing guy has good credit and can get a low interest rate In the 2% range. Heā€™s financing $60k with NOTHING down for 6 years and paying less than $4k in interest and investing his CASH for a modest 5% return over 6 years and making $20k , so he spent $64k and made $20k, so he only spent $44k vs the guy who spent $75k on the Bronco.

of course there are variables but in general, if interest rates are low, finance as much as possible for as long as possible.

Sponsored

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem with that scenario is that the guy financing is getting it for MSRP. In this instance the more likely scenario is that he's financing it and paying over MSRP.... When the dust settles in a couple of years and the Bronco becomes as common as a Jeep these people will have lost significant amounts of money. They will lose on the depreciation as well as the additional $ they were porked for at the time of sale. The "rich dude" paying 75K cash almost certainly can afford to do so, so losing that money won't be as painful ( even though it's still a stupid decision ).

I agree with you, the Bronco is certainly a toy, much like the Jeep; at least that's the way I look at it. There are certainly more practical vehicles out there for a lot less money. I live in FL and I'm not an off-roader, so to me, the Bronco is a convertible that I can take the doors off. It's the closest thing to my motorcycles without being on one of them.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think for someone who will have a real use for the functionalities, a 30k base manual 2-door is a reasonable deal. For a fun utility vehicle, especially to complement an economy pavement car.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By September is my serious guess so it should be soon enough.

DesertDweller

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When the money isnā€™t free anymore there will be ALOT of new and used items that will be available at much lower prices.
Fantastic for cash buyers, maybe not so much for people who don't have a lot to put down. But it has to be done.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am eager to see some good news. As a patient 576 day reservation I am still waiting for something to come into my email inbox. In the meantime I enjoy reading all about what other people are doing to their Broncos.
Sponsored