Sponsored

Realistically, when will you be able to walk into a dealer and buy msrp?

Big Rig

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the real question Ford should be answering is why are there this many Bronco's sitting on dealership lots at any price when 2021 reservation holders still haven't had there reservations filled. Just goes to show how fucked up this whole process is.
I am amazed that people on this forum are finding them on the lot at all. I have looked all over California and I have only located a handful that are on the lot AND the dealer is willing to sell.
Sponsored

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The NADA tries to tell us that people love the car buying experience. I say BS. Everyone I know would rather have root canal than go to a dealership. The buying public will eventually force the current business model to change. Just saying 😎.
I loathe auto dealers. My last four vehicles, I have generally avoided the sales folks. Two (Acuras) I bought through Costco. My (current) BMW I was able to use the Costco price with a local dealer that did not participate, and finance folks were generally okay. My Tesla was direct to me and generally a good experience, but not without pain on the day of delivery.

Which brings me to the Bronco. Upon my reservation, got assigned a sales guy. Never ever responded to a phone call or email. Went into order and switched to a sales person whom my wife's friend knew. Nice guy, but had no clue on how to order a '21 vs. '22 (got caught in the can't order a "21, got to wait for a '22). Once ordering opened up in October, placed my order online and then immediately informed that I have a new sales guy. Exchanged some texts...so far so good. Then I get a text and call from him that Ford needs me to authorize pushing my order forward (??)...he had no clue, nor did I. Told me to try a Ford phone number or email. Call the number, it was a Ford technical line (I think) and after being on hold for 20 minutes, hung up and used the email. A week of silence and then Ford emails me back saying "this email is for dealers only. Talk to your dealer." Emailed, texted sales guy, a few times just to be sure there are no issues that need to be resolved...crickets. Stopped in to see him on Saturday...not in.

I understand the realities of the Bronco situation, but at least acknowledge my communication and possibly tell me all is well and nothing to do but wait. I am not asking for much. Wish I could waive a magic wand and change the dealer franchising laws.

End of rant.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't Ford building twice as many 2022's as 2021's? There's 70+ Broncos within 50 miles of me, all marked up 10-20k, most are 2021's and 2022's hitting the lots now. When will the madness end?
The madness will end once people with too much money stop paying the markup's. Until then, they will continue to fester and piss us off.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The madness will end once people with too much money stop paying the markup's. Until then, they will continue to fester and piss us off.
Exactly. The 1% with a lack of self-control, who can't curb their need for instant gratification, are too oblivious to see they are setting a precedent, and screwing over the Average Joe, who doesn't necessarily have an extra 10+ grand to burn for no good reason.

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of searching and patience and trying to negotiate with dealers trying to hose me, I found a Manequin Badlands non Saq at MSRP in Apache Junction AZ! Snagged it as we did our order for our “Perfect Bronco” we will either trade it or our Ranger when the new Badlands with everything shows up in 6-200 months.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as most have said already, probably when supply is available so most like 2023 or 2024. Not to say that you can't get it at MSRP but it would be hard and you would have to search. Best thing to do if you find a dealer with allocation and is willing to do it at MSRP is put yourself on a wait list with them.
Will the dealer disclose their allocation?

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't Ford building twice as many 2022's as 2021's? There's 70+ Broncos within 50 miles of me, all marked up 10-20k, most are 2021's and 2022's hitting the lots now. When will the madness end?
It will end when idiots keep paying the mark up. Simple don’t pay it . I’d let them rust on a lot than pay $5 more than what there worth. Surprised banks are paying the mark ups , not a lot of people have 20k laying around

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are no Broncos sitting around at MSRP in my area. None.

When people say there are unsold units at MSRP, I take that with a grain of salt. Unless you go and try to buy it, the dealers aren't always upfront about the games they are playing with mandatory "packages" or accessories. And you can't trust anything you see on a dealer's website.

It's going to be a while for a "normal" market if we ever get there again. Half the time lately I can't even buy all the groceries I want. High prices and short supply are the new normal.

OP
OP

j50gt

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since this question cannot be answered accurately without discussing the intervention of government entities in markets, and that intervention's impact on the supply/demand equilibrium that dictates clearing prices and other important allocative attributes of markets, I recommend that the mods simply delete this thread now before it gets out of hand. Or we could simply proceed with an inaccurate, misleading and watered-down discussion.
Shut it down boys, The big brain wills it so.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shut it down boys, The big brain wills it so.
The best way to perpetuate a bad system is to ignore its inequities, “pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.”

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm more optimistic than others. Mainly because: there are only so many dentists that want a Bronco, the supply of Broncos is steadily increasing, and several competing 4x4 manufacturers are near full production.

My rough guess is that when most 1st year reservations are fulfilled, we will be near market saturation; as enthusiasts and dentists will already have one, and potential buyers/impulse buyers will have multiple 4x4 options as leverage against Ford.
Sponsored