Sponsored

Will You Be Able to "Forgive and Forget"?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Putting it into perspective, and trying to look at the whole picture, I'm not pissed at Ford. With this Wu Flu abating we have career politicians paying people more to sit on their asses than they would make working. From the head end to the back end companies are working short handed. My dear old Dad said it best, "The Government can screw up a anvil with a claw hammer".

Disclaimer: This is my opinion, and mine only. So, there's no needed to shoot the messenger.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We’ll, that’s what they think. I view things a little differently @gentlemanbronco……the way I see it I’ve already soaked Ford for 20k FordPass points, free sound deadening headliner, and a price guarantee when my day 1 reservation gets kicked to 2022. Ford doesn’t even know what hit them. They’ll probably be forking over some more goodies and a 6/23/2021 build date just to make it stop before I subject them to financial ruin…..but nope, I’ll just code 99 my build and continue the onslaught. Got em right where I want em.
That’ll learn em

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What if you were purchasing a $10 item? What if you were purchasing a $100k item? What is your dollar threshold for the proper amount of communication? What about over communication, would that be better?
This is the thing i keep seeing people complain about most… dollar amount = number of communication that would satisfy them. There will never be “enough” coms to satisfy each individual.
I disagree. When I go to McDonald’s and order a burger, I don’t expect much communication about it. But for a vehicle that is at a similar price for some homes in my area. Then, yes, I expect a lot of communication. I bet when you bought a house you were very appreciative of every peice of communication. A house is only one item, but it is expensive. Maybe you buy new cars all the time, maybe you have tons of money laying around, or maybe you have a nice vehicle to drive right now, so you don’t care about when you get your Bronco or the communication you receive. But I’m on a car that’s on its last leg and have been saving for two years to buy this Bronco. This is probable the only brand new car I will get to buy in my lifetime. So, yes, yes I want more communication from Ford, not less.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree. When I go to McDonald’s and order a burger, I don’t expect much communication about it. But for a vehicle that is at a similar price for some homes in my area. Then, yes, I expect a lot of communication. I bet when you bought a house you were very appreciative of every peice of communication. A house is only one item, but it is expensive. Maybe you buy new cars all the time, maybe you have tons of money laying around, or maybe you have a nice vehicle to drive right now, so you don’t care about when you get your Bronco or the communication you receive. But I’m on a car that’s on its last leg and have been saving for two years to buy this Bronco. This is probable the only brand new car I will get to buy in my lifetime. So, yes, yes I want more communication from Ford, not less.
I don't know....I have had way more communication about this product, with way more facts readily available than any house I have ever bought. Not even close....and I am buying from a dealer, not Ford. My dealer has been exemplary in his communication...much better than any realtor I have used (including good ones). No issues really with that. I would like more...but expected? Not really....not in perspective.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I work two jobs, and have three good friends with cancer. The thought of owning a Bronco is what got me through the last few years. Although I've considered other vehicles, driving a truck without air conditioning hasn't been fun this summer, the Bronco Nation Father's Day video really hit close to home. I sent it to my niece, who is like my daughter, and we both cried watching it. She told me, "You have to get a Bronco!"

No worries about anything Ford has done so far. It's out of my control. When the time is right, I'll be driving a Bronco.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you think you are going to get PTSD from not being able to have what you want right away you either need counselling or a spank on your bare bum.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford doesn't need forgiveness for anything, and the question itself is childish. The notion that people here are victims and aggrieved is one of the most ridiculous through line themes on this forum.

We all know the process, the timelines, and the constraints. You don't have to like them I am sure Ford doesn't like them, but they have been communicated.
Don't disagree, but victimhood is the through line theme of life now. Air your grievance on Twitter and those with that same "lived experience" hand you a pacifier (maybe a Go Fund me account). And people get exactly what they want most of the time. Is it any wonder victimhood has made it's way to a Bronco forum given the effectiveness of the strategy? Can't blame folks for trying.

For the record, I've done my share of bitching about the priority orders which I felt were a real dick move with the dealers and Ford. But I've never handled the line cutting thing very well in my life. Be it traffic, the grocery store, or the ski lift line. Pisses me off. That's the one thing in this process I won't forgive. Nothing us plebs can do about it now, but it should've never been offered.

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Too much work. I spend all of my time fixing my house already. I don’t need a fourth job. Also, in Illinois there are no taxes on a car each year (just the sticker $140). However, with a house you easily pay over $5,000 in real estate taxes each year. I’m over $7,000 per year in real estate taxes as it is. Also, I can’t take a house with me to the trails with my son. 🤣

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Putting it into perspective, and trying to look at the whole picture, I'm not pissed at Ford. With this Wu Flu abating we have career politicians paying people more to sit on their asses than they would make working. From the head end to the back end companies are working short handed. My dear old Dad said it best, "The Government can screw up a anvil with a claw hammer".

Disclaimer: This is my opinion, and mine only. So, there's no needed to shoot the messenger.
I am certain this is what caused global supply chain issues. (insert eye roll)
Don't disagree, but victimhood is the through line theme of life now. Air your grievance on Twitter and those with that same "lived experience" hand you a pacifier (maybe a Go Fund me account). And people get exactly what they want most of the time. Is it any wonder victimhood has made it's way to a Bronco forum given the effectiveness of the strategy? Can't blame folks for trying.

For the record, I've done my share of bitching about the priority orders which I felt were a real dick move with the dealers and Ford. But I've never handled the line cutting thing very well in my life. Be it traffic, the grocery store, or the ski lift line. Pisses me off. That's the one thing in this process I won't forgive. Nothing us plebs can do about it now, but it should've never been offered.
I hear you. Most of us are here because we are buying a luxury item. Nobody needs a Bronco. This aspect makes the victimhood nature of the conversation feel very ugly. We aren't talking about food, shelter, basic freedoms or even complex societal issues, it is "I want my car and Ford..."

it reminds me of this.

Veruca-Salt-1-1024x575.jpg

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Too much work. I spend all of my time fixing my house already. I don’t need a fourth job. Also, in Illinois there are no taxes on a car each year (just the sticker $140). However, with a house you easily pay over $5,000 in real estate taxes each year. I’m over $7,000 per year in real estate taxes as it is. Also, I can’t take a house with me to the trails with my son. 🤣
One of many reasons I moved out of my birth state.

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the miscommunications (or rather, lack thereof), scheduling delays, weird build constraints, etc...
Once you have your Bronco will all this just fade away to soon be forgotten?

I sure hope so...Based on what I see posted here....I'm afraid there will be some PTSD.
I had no misconceptions going into placing my order. I realize all the problems that Ford is having with their suppliers, and that greatly hampers their ability to provide any firm time frames for all on this forum.

However, I know that Ford, who has been building cars for many decades, understands the car business, and I will get my Bronco when they can. It seems to me though, that may people on this forum are not familiar with the car business, and their whiny demands to have their dates, and their Bronco's now are anything but realistic.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's just a car. If you hold a grudge against a company for being shitty you need to seek help. Pretty much all companies have done something to piss customers off.
I agree 100%. Its just a car.

And I also differentiate between companies that are acting in an evil way and those that are just incompetent. The issues here seem to be from honest incompetence. So no big deal.

Having owned some rather interesting cars with intense owner groups on the internet. There will always be that sad group for whom their car is the focus of their life. (rather than humans and personal relationships). That group is often the most vocal.

Its a car. A cool car. But still, just a car.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will never forgive Ford for making a truck that I actually want. Damn them for making me anticipate so much that I spend endless hours on B6G just looking for scraps of information and using this forum as a quasi-support group. I look out at the parking lot in front of my townhouse and see those blue ovals all over the place...a 90s Taurus, an E-series Budget rent-a-van. All I can do is long to be behind the wheel.

Damn Ford!

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't really get what there is to forgive? The manufacturing world has been in chaos for the better part of the last year. Ford still managed to get the line rolling within the window they projected when the Bronco was announced back in July 2020. Now can they build every single configuration to fit every order on demand? No, but they are filling orders.

I don't really fault Ford's communication much either. Once they put out an official document it becomes gospel. Working in manufacturing I can tell you that the supply side changes on a daily basis. Sometimes many times a day. I'd be hesitant to put anything in writing knowing it would be scrutinized to umpteenth degree until I had a solid grasp on where things were trending as well.

Our instant access world we live in has made us spoiled. We expect everything right now. Sometimes that isn't possible. Issues with launches aren't all that uncommon even in the best of times. We just never knew every groady detail as to why before the age of the internet.
Sponsored