First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is definitely dealer dependent. My dealer honored D plan and price protections when mine was delivered April of '22. They applied the protection that showed immediately in smartVINcent, then mailed me a check for the additional price protection after the sale certificate went through.
So they charged you WS msrp and emailed you a check eventually...correct ?
Sponsored

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does the bridge look like this? $11,850 under MSRP.

imagejpeg_0.jpeg
Break it down for us ...11.8k is very deep discount for a 2d where you can't get 1.2k credit for mic drop.
Let's see that math. I'm tired of everyone screaming 9 inch without backing it up
12k off and is not even a SAS...how come ?

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So they charged you WS msrp and emailed you a check eventually...correct ?
I was charged MSRP less the D plan discount and the first price protection. They then mailed me a check for the second price protection as that one only appeared after the sale certificate was generated, roughly a week or two after we completed the sale. It amounted to paying $44,795 at the dealer, then receiving the check for ~$1900. So the final cost of mine came to about $42,900. Sticker price was $48,765.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
Is there anyone at Ford that cares how incompetent you all appear. Ford sent out an email providing a vin # for my ordered vehicle over a month and a half ago.
Production was completed by or before 4/21/2023.
Why cant Ford provide an ETA for delivery to the dealer??

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am willing to bet that as soon as you changed your order to a Heritage Edition, Ford inadvertently flushed your certificates. This is the explanation that makes the most sense. That said, it's up to the dealer and Ford to sort it out.

So, the question is will Chapman honor the deal or not? How they get there isn't your concern. 3% under the DORA invoice was the agreement you had with them. They can honor it or you can walk... Unfortunately, it's more beneficial to them for you to walk.

I was on top of the certificates every step of the way with Granger, but not because I didn't trust Granger... I didn't trust Ford. The same applies for Chapman, you needed to have verified the certificates back when you first got a VIN. I am not trying to say that this is your fault, but it certainly is something you could have gotten ahead of before the vehicle was even built. Like others, they couldn't find my certificates initially and I did everything from Texas. When I arrived at Granger, I signed 2 pieces of paper and drove away in the Bronco in less than 30 minutes (Pizza delivery takes longer).

I hope that you get your Bronco, but it's really down to your dealer and Ford to sort out the pricing.
I missed where he changed to Heritage edition. How can he get price protection on a trim that did not exist?

Sponsored

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
I missed where he changed to Heritage edition. How can he get price protection on a trim that did not exist?
I don't think Chapman submitted the change . They tried to and didn't go through. They did the same with my order and they came back hours later with " whatever you want is not going to get build" and I had to change. Was not trim change tho

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Break it down for us ...11.8k is very deep discount for a 2d where you can't get 1.2k credit for mic drop.
Let's see that math. I'm tired of everyone screaming 9 inch without backing it up
12k off and is not even a SAS...how come ?

Break it down for you? This is not unusual. Chapman and Granger ran under invoice deals back in 2021.

My reservation was from Feb 2021. 2 DR BL

The Window Sticker was $55,715.

The Chapman Sale Price, including 3% under invoice and MY 23 Feb/Mar Retail price Protection was $49,784.70.

My Ford MY and Order Modification Certs were worth another $5925

Taxable Chapman Price was $43,859.70

There ya have it.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well good Lord. Get in you car and drive there this weekend FFS! Then sit in the chair and negotiate/figure it out. If your body is not in the dealership, they will ignore you. You’ll have to figure out before you go, if you want the bronco if they refuse to honor price protection. Go on a Saturday and be prepared to raise hell - they don’t like scenes in the showroom on their busiest day. Make sure you know the GM and owners name and be prepared to demand to speak to them. Honestly, if all you’ve done is email and call for a month, it’s probably sold or about to be. Get moving already!! 🙄

I already told him that - he refuses to do that.

So, this problem will stay a problem for a long time.

Bookmarking to check back on this thread in a month.

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So you are suggesting I would get into a plane just to check on the car? Without having the final car, paperwork figure it out I can not just go there. I will be paying cash, so need to know the exact value so I can take a bank check to pay for it.

What is your suggestion?
Yes. You call the dealer, tell them you will be there that weekend. Who orders a vehicle that requires a plane ride to go pick it up? There isn't a local dealership near you?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL - So now you have no Bronco and will end up paying more for it... Shop Local -being cheap is very expensive.
Being cheap is expensive; being prudent is frugal even when it means that choosing the most economical dealer is not close by. When the bronco 6G was open for reservations, I called every local dealer to comparison shop and not one of them would commit to MSRP pricing, no admins, and special discount pricing for mustang club of America. One dealership, three counties away stood firm on all those things and put in writing. So did I shop local? Nope, but I tried. Did my 2021 bronco end up being a “cheap” deal that backfired by ending up expensive? Nope. Would I prefer to keep my business local if the locals could produce the best, honest, upfront purchase? Yep. But the local purchase is sometimes the most expensive.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. You call the dealer, tell them you will be there that weekend. Who orders a vehicle that requires a plane ride to go pick it up? There isn't a local dealership near you?
Tons of folks from all over the country ordered from Granger, Stephens and Chapman. I took a $130 commuter jet and an Uber to get my Badlands 2 door 7 speed from Stephens and drove it five hours back. It was fun! And saving thousands was nice, too.

But here, something just isn't adding up. OP doesn't want to hear that when emails and texts don't work, it's time to have an actual conversation. It's one of the basic tenets of business that seems to have been lost in the era of remote work and contactless delivery.

OP
OP

Broncolands

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tons of folks from all over the country ordered from Granger, Stephens and Chapman. I took a $130 commuter jet and an Uber to get my Badlands 2 door 7 speed from Stephens and drove it five hours back. It was fun! And saving thousands was nice, too.

But here, something just isn't adding up. OP doesn't want to hear that when emails and texts don't work, it's time to have an actual conversation. It's one of the basic tenets of business that seems to have been lost in the era of remote work and contactless delivery.
I hear it, I just do not agree. Phone and Email should work perfectly for this and only fly to pick up when all set. A bunch of other people did the same and Granger and Chapman honor their deals.

My issue is not with the dealer, but with Ford, and showing up at the dealership will not speed up the process in my opinion.

OP
OP

Broncolands

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What is your suggestion? Go there and discuss what? They told me they are trying to figure it out with Ford my PP. Until they do, me showing up there and twist their arm, will not help at all.

At this point, they are not telling me I cannot have the car, they are saying they have to work it out with Ford why Price protection is not showing on my account.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At this point just wait until you can connect with the GM of the dealership as mentioned. There isnt really a better option IMO.

OP
OP

Broncolands

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I requested a Heritage Limited Edition order change on 9/27/2022, Then the orders for the Heritage editions entered by the Dealers got cancelled, so they move me back to my original Bronco Badlands on 10/29/2022.

Also, they sent me a new DORA on the 01/20/2023 with the pricing including all discounts. So I was under the understanding the pricing was kept the same (Price Protection). So I never went after it.
Sponsored