Sponsored

Can't decide between Eruption Green and Velocity Blue!!!

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2 door non SAS in green and it just fits. I have gotten multiple compliments from strangers on the look. I camp and kayak and like that the color blends well with the woods. I tell people its painted Camping Green. Color is a personal choice, good luck!
Sponsored

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
My order was an EG, and when I changed my order I wanted an EG but they just so happen to have my change order on the lot in VB. Signed the papers the next day and haven’t looked back; love my VB SAS 2dr! You won’t look back at either of the two; they’re both beautiful in their very different ways. I will tell you one thing, if you’re modifying, I think there’s more colors to choose as accent colors on an EG than there are on a VB fwiw.
Ford Bronco Can't decide between Eruption Green and Velocity Blue!!! A8EDF5D0-AFB9-4C08-B136-EB50C693CCC0

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear ya. I was 100% set on eruption green having seen one out in the wild, and disregarded any other color I loved it that much. Only seeing velocity blue online I had absolutely zero interest. Fast forward to stumbling across a velocity blue in the wild for the first time that changed and I ended up getting the VB and every day I'm in awe of the color as is everyone else I pass. In the end, they are both gorgeous especially in the right light with the metalic, you'll be happy either way.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, VB and EG are the best single colors. By far.

Oxford white, being the combination of all colors, is the best paint choice for the Bronco

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently I prefer reds since 2/3rds of my vehicles have been some shade of red. But VB was a strong contender. I ended up getting Rapid Red. EG wasn’t an option for 2021 but I would never have considered it. But I respect that some folks like it.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eruption green Bronco club thread has 189 pages of posts.
Velocity blue Bronco club thread has 73 pages of posts. This thread has been around twice as long as the EG club.
People have a passion for EG. Not so much for VB.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This color debate has gone on in my head for quite sometime too. Still is to be honest. Lol.

I recently have been back looking at Iconic Silver (I’m a sucker for silver), simply because I’m drawn to the dark finishes of the trim pieces and how they contrast the silver. I was a sucker for this on the Gen 1 restoration projects I’d see, especially with the painted black tops.

Ok, back to current topic. VB and EG are still my struggle. I’m priority code 2 with Eruption Green, so I’m not making any changes at the moment. I’d be happy with either color to be honest.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was originally VB but changed when EG was available for 22. You can’t go wrong in my opinion.
Ford Bronco Can't decide between Eruption Green and Velocity Blue!!! A8EDF5D0-AFB9-4C08-B136-EB50C693CCC0
This! I did the same thing. Have yet to see an EG on the road here and only 1 at a dealer. Like others have said though, can't go wrong with either.
That's actually looking real nice, hope to see a green soon in my area.

Last edited:

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both are amazing colors and a great backdrop for mods. I think it boils down to personal preference. I ordered EG but if was available at the time I woulda struggled between antimatter blue, burnt orange, and EG.

It must pass the garage test (if can fit in your garage). Broncon sitting in your garage, will you feel the tug to go stare at it and say “wow, this thing is beautiful”. If can’t pass that test, find a diff color.

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think you can go wrong with either color! I know thats probably not the answer you are looking for, lol. I had the same dilemma, EG or VB. My Bronco is a Black Diamond trim, meaning it has the blue accents in the interior. That swayed me to go with VB. Again, both are great colors. In my opinion, its much more difficult for a green vehicle to look good, but EG is probably my favorite green color- Ford did a great job with it. Blue is a lot more difficult to mess up.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I own a VELOCITY BLUE BaseSquatch. Looks fantastic. Go for the blue, you will be happy.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think you can go wrong with either color! I know thats probably not the answer you are looking for, lol. I had the same dilemma, EG or VB. My Bronco is a Black Diamond trim, meaning it has the blue accents in the interior. That swayed me to go with VB. Again, both are great colors. In my opinion, its much more difficult for a green vehicle to look good, but EG is probably my favorite green color- Ford did a great job with it. Blue is a lot more difficult to mess up.
I think BD owners with Eruption Green can get a yellow highlighter and turn those threads green. I swear i saw a post about this awhile ago. Now the blue vent pieces and lettering are a different story, but I’m sure there’s ways to swap them out.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't tell you what you like, but EG wasn't an option when I ordered and if I could do over I'd still do VB. But I've never been much of a green fan expect for Kawi green.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like the look of HPR but I am struggling to pull the trigger on it. Which is weird since HPR is similar to Mazda's Soul Red, which I loved on my 2019 Miata.

Wish I could see it in person. I don't think I've ever seen a HPR two door.
Really depends how the light hits it. Same truck with two different sun angles:

97VYgSe.jpg

ZpssAzq.jpg

I'd call the color pop more copper than orange.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really depends how the light hits it. Same truck with two different sun angles:

Ford Bronco Can't decide between Eruption Green and Velocity Blue!!! ZpssAzq

Ford Bronco Can't decide between Eruption Green and Velocity Blue!!! ZpssAzq

I'd call the color pop more copper than orange.
Second pic looks like the best airbrush fire scheme I've ever seen...
Sponsored