Sponsored

Capable Bumper(s)?? How many are there and what's the difference?

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there a difference and if so which is best. Mine has Fog lights and Square type Tow Loops. Is there a good alternative for a Quality License Plate bracket? Is there any decent add on goodies you can put on them? any Bull bars ? etc etc
Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the RC hidden winch mount for the skid plat replacement with my capable bumper. I have seen others hide an led bar behind/above the bumper but no other accessories. Leave the license plate off the front.

OP
OP
WildTrak23

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did the RC hidden winch mount for the skid plat replacement with my capable bumper. I have seen others hide an led bar behind/above the bumper but no other accessories. Leave the license plate off the front.
I would love to leave it off, But Missouri is a state that requires front and rear plates unless its a 18,000 GVW or above truck

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a difference and if so which is best. Mine has Fog lights and Square type Tow Loops. Is there a good alternative for a Quality License Plate bracket? Is there any decent add on goodies you can put on them? any Bull bars ? etc etc

There are only a handful of accessories available for it. While it is a nice looking bumper I may end up replacing it eventually.

Here is the front bracket I run. My favorite as it is the easiest to remove.

https://builtrightind.com/products/...unt-ford-bronco-2022-for-capable-steel-bumper

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø. ā€˜23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You do mean the in-Capable bumper? It's not capable of much. I did change out the crap factory fogs for some @Diode Dynamics , easy plug and play, 8 bolts to drop the bumper.

And there's a long thread on here about front license plate frame....that's about it. Any bullbars you see WILL wreck your entire front end if you hit a deer. They need to connect to the frame.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I chose the Capable bumper when my MY21 order got bumped to a MY22. My original BL order had the modular bumper as stock, but when it got bumped to MY22, Ford fucked us by making the modular bumper non-stock and were charging like an extra $695 or something for the mod option. Since I knew I was going to likely go for an after-market bumper, I chose to stay with the less expensive "capable" bumper and am glad I did. I think it is as good or better looking bumper than the mod. It has built-in fog lights and I just ordered a JCR Offroad front winch plate that is compatible with the capable bumper and I feel I get the best of most worlds......inexpensive, front winch, no frills, and that works with my parking sensors and ACC system. That option was like $800 or so with the camera relocation kit but that is comparable with other full bumper options that I still have no idea what the total cost will be once you add lighting options, re-location components, etc. I am guessing most bumpers will be at least $1200 to $1500----or more----and much extra effort to install with required options. The JCR seems near close to true bolt-on and compatible with multiple winch options.

I am not a fan of bull-bars and such......too much BS hanging out front and most of that is bolt-on and, in my opinion, is more for looks than function. I do think that the capable bumper probably has less add-on options for shit like that. Your choice, but that isn't my thing, so the cheaper capable bumper fits the bill just nicely..........but again, stock fog lights and fog-light wiring already built in!!

As for license plate bracket, I went with member @HBTFD and the option he has to offer. Looks like my chosen front winch plate option should still be compatible with the capable bumper, my winch plate choice, and the HBTFD license plate bracket.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BuiltrRght has a good option for front plate mounts for the various bumpers. I just ordered one.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do mean the in-Capable bumper? It's not capable of much......
Curious on your opinion here. Are you comparing the capable bumper to the modular bumper......or just in general that the capable bumper has better after-market options? I would argue from what I see that the capable bumper is just as capable as the modular bumper with its performance. Maybe not comparable with available options but at least it is a steel bumper and has some function compared to the stock plastic bumper.

Squirreldog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the steel capable bumper on a ā€˜23 Wildtrak and really like the way it looks. No regrets over not paying extra for the modular and then having to buy/install fog lights.

Also in a state that requires front plates - I went with the HBTFD one linked above and its great. on/off in less than two minutes, no drilling, and doesn't block the fog light or tow loop.

17CA610D-A7DE-4260-B564-7BBB04A08864.jpeg

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious on your opinion here. Are you comparing the capable bumper to the modular bumper......or just in general that the capable bumper has better after-market options? I would argue from what I see that the capable bumper is just as capable as the modular bumper with its performance. Maybe not comparable with available options but at least it is a steel bumper and has some function compared to the stock plastic bumper.
Well, no offense dude. But it's not even close. The modular bumper allows you to bolt stuff on directly to the bumper without drilling anything. It allows you to put on a multiple set of fog lights into the slots on the ends. You can even pull off the ends to do different things. There's room for a winch. The capable bumper has none of those repeat none. It is not capable. I have it, it looks nice. As long as you're not a heavy duty accessory dude.

OP
OP
WildTrak23

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the steel capable bumper on a ā€˜23 Wildtrak and really like the way it looks. No regrets over not paying extra for the modular and then having to buy/install fog lights.

Also in a state that requires front plates - I went with the HBTFD one linked above and its great. on/off in less than two minutes, no drilling, and doesn't block the fog light or tow loop.

17CA610D-A7DE-4260-B564-7BBB04A08864.jpeg
You have the same bumper as my 23 Wildtrak as well. I also chose this bumper. Love the factory fog lights. If in the future I decide to upgrade to a beefier Modular style. I like knowing Iā€™m not going to waste an AUX switch to run the Fogs. Definitely not using the plastic front plate holder from Ford. Iā€™ll be checking the thickness of materials on the lower front to see which plate holder Iā€™ll finally choose. Thanks for the info and input from all!

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have the same bumper as my 23 Wildtrak as well. I also chose this bumper. Love the factory fog lights. If in the future I decide to upgrade to a beefier Modular style. I like knowing Iā€™m not going to waste an AUX switch to run the Fogs. Definitely not using the plastic front plate holder from Ford. Iā€™ll be checking the thickness of materials on the lower front to see which plate holder Iā€™ll finally choose. Thanks for the info and input from all!
I got that bumper chosen for me when my 21 order got rolled over to a 22.
It's aight; at least the front part is steel, and it came with fog lights...which I could barely tell were on...so I replaced them with Diode Dynamics Elite Fogs when they were on sale a month ago.
Holy Shit! The DD fogs are brighter than the low beams!!! I can see every damn thang I need to see (slow speed) off road with just the fogs!!!
And they have an extremely sharp cut off in the beam pattern, so no one flashes their high beams at me on-road.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I picked up an abandoned order '23 Wildtrak that came with the capable bumper. I had a '23 Wildtrak on order but it never got built which had the mod bumper. When I got the WT I thought I would be replacing the bumper but it's kind of growing on me. Not a bad looking bumper and hey it's steel. Doesn't have the option flexibilities that the mod bumper has but I'm not sure how much crap I was ever going to hang off it anyway. Has fog lights which I might replace and as someone else said it's already wired and has a switch. Might add a winch, honestly what else do you really need?

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up an abandoned order '23 Wildtrak that came with the capable bumper. I had a '23 Wildtrak on order but it never got built which had the mod bumper. When I got the WT I thought I would be replacing the bumper but it's kind of growing on me. Not a bad looking bumper and hey it's steel. Doesn't have the option flexibilities that the mod bumper has but I'm not sure how much crap I was ever going to hang off it anyway. Has fog lights which I might replace and as someone else said it's already wired and has a switch. Might add a winch, honestly what else do you really need?
I was about to drop my tax refund on the Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount and a Warn EVO 10K, which I have seen several (more than one) peeps on here have installed.
Rough Country's weebsite now says "does not fit capable bumper".
I swear it has NOT said that for the past few months.
I called up Rough Country...they said "does not fit capable bumper".
So now I'm back to zero.
Sponsored